It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I miss about dogs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You have been wrangling cats as long as I have known you.

Get a small dog that likes to stay indoors.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I had an uncut doberman I named "Trampus". He was a loveable dog. He was stolen from my house in Venice, California. I ravaged the neighborhood looking for him. Never found him. Lucky for someone. Lucky for me, too, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

But could I respect such a critter in the morning?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Well there are non yap yap small dogs. My tibetan spaniel has big dog tude.

link   
Thing is unless stolen young I can't imagine the thief having an easy time. Dobermen are intelligent and loyal. If I come to owning a house with a nice backyard I'm going to be sure to have two dobermen. Love those dogs. Feel sorry for your loss..

link   

Haha, that's unlikely. The only thing worse than dogs are dogs that weigh under 75lbs.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

you bring up an interesting point; I've known others that seemed to exude various mammalian traits. You identify with cats, but it seems like its more than just totemic with you. Seems kind of spiritual or metaphysical. Nothing wrong with that

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Definately something to consider. I would hate to keep any critter of the house totally contained within the house, but perhaps a smaller dog could do with a smaller fenced in area.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Trampus was less than a year old, however it was more than 30 years ago. I'm sure he's been gone for a while. I hope he had a great life.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Absolutely and good exercise for you to take it for a wee walk.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

I grew up with pointers and poodles. You never met a dog more protective or territorial than a toy poodle. I'll never forget our poodle, Ben, catching a young rabbit. Little sonofabitch strutted for two days he was so proud of himself.
edit on 22/2/16 by argentus because: pround? spelllin'

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Honestly, (and I always sort of distrust people that begin statements that way) I get broke up enough when our cats get killed or die. I'm not sure I could take the heartache of a dog dying again. Still, maybe we'll take a chance. Thanks for your encouragement, Zazzy ;o)
edit on 22/2/16 by argentus because: begin, not being. damn you sidlexia.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I hope the same. It's horrible. I'm wondering what sort of person would do such a thing. Hope Trampus had a good life and was loved, can't hope for anymore than that.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car. Open it up after an hour or two ... and tell me who is happy to see you.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
I'm not sure either would be in such a situation
Animal abuse!! (No mention on the wife)

Do NOT take too seriously.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I love dogs. Most certainly my girl lab.

I could go away for a week, or just go get the mail.

My dog still greets me like it has been forever and a day.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I like your story! Here is my pooch Penny.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I have to hope the same. I worried for a bit that he was stolen for dog fighting. I posted rewards for him. Venice didn't have a dog-fighting circuit in those days. I felt and still feel in my heart that he was made a pet of a good family. His ears and tail were undocked, so the person may not have known he was a Doberman.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

HA!!! Okay, and after that experiment -- should you live to tell us -- tell us which did not rip our your throat.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Isn't that the very best thing about dogs? YOU WERE AWAY!!!! I love you!!! *boing boing boing* Look what I chewed up in honor of you not being home!!!! *boing boing boing*

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join