It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been more brash than usual?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I think I'll take your advise. All though washing up liquid and sugar will do just fine!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Lol, I've only got a massive can of Swarfega because the one man band garage in my street went bust and I bought it off him for a fiver, he threw a black bag full of clean rags in as well.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I think I'll take your advise. All though washing up liquid and sugar will do just fine!

I have to get involved on so many levels in this now.

Firstly swarfega is a waste of money And, I agree. Big splodge of fairy and a spoon of sugar works a treat. That's the kind of thing you don't learn at collage but from an old timer!

As to older vehicles we currently have a Y reg suzuki Ignis, only bought it because a house we were renting had a 35x20 garage on the back but the car was in it and I wanted to use it as a workshop so bought it off the landlord.

It has to be the best crap car ever, cheap as anything to run, easy to fix and the thing will not die.

Had it 3 years now and every MOT we say is it even worth the thirty quid to put it in and the thing flies through, last time I think the rear numberplate buld was gone no advisories.

Mrsnonspecific drives and I don't and she wants a nice car but still old. Looking for a saab 9-5 estate hot aero. 2.5 litre turbo, 250bhp and from 30-70mph will outrun a 911
, all this with a chest of drawers in the boot and still old enough to fix on a Saturday afternoon with a few mates and a fridge full of beers!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Still old enough to fix on a Saturday afternoon with a few mates and a fridge full of beers!

That's the truth, modern emasculated men who cannot fix their cars do not know what they're missing...I almost cry for the future.

...on-topic though, non-alcoholic beer is a good substitute for the OP when fixing his motor, and for information purposes, non-alcoholic Becks Blue in a chilled bottle is a very good substitute for taste.
Last time I went a month without drinking I almost believed it was beer...almost.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: nonspecific
Still old enough to fix on a Saturday afternoon with a few mates and a fridge full of beers!

That's the truth, modern emasculated men who cannot fix their cars do not know what they're missing...I almost cry for the future.

...on-topic though, non-alcoholic beer is a good substitute for the OP when fixing his motor, and for information purposes, non-alcoholic Becks Blue in a chilled bottle is a very good substitute for taste.
Last time I went a month without drinking I almost believed it was beer...almost.

A mate of mine moved to Germany and he recon's that the alcohol free beer is so good it's worth swapping for.

He is bringing me some over later in the year so I will let you both know if that is the case.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Bags of rags, swarfega, fixing old cars, (beer)... I think we've created the perfect combination of posts.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Bags of rags, swarfega, fixing old cars, (beer)... I think we've created the perfect combination of posts.

Yup throw in my table saw, router table and ever growing stash of tools, send the ladies off to go shopping and have coffee and crank up the music and I think we are on to a winner.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Throw in an argument about which is better, DeWalt, Bosch, or Makita and we're good to go!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I hate to buck the trend but I've favoured Hilti over the last couple of months.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Throw in an argument about which is better, DeWalt, Bosch, or Makita and we're good to go!

Oooh, half way though a reply and feel the need for an entirely new thread....

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Only coz you ain't been drinking

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join