It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recording of "outer space" music heard on Farside by Apollo 10 crew

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
[When I played it, it sounded a lot like a muddy low volume rick roll or something. 80's pop music. That's not what they heard.

Space Rick-Rolled.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

originally posted by: Bedlam
[When I played it, it sounded a lot like a muddy low volume rick roll or something. 80's pop music. That's not what they heard.

Space Rick-Rolled.

I think the worst part was that I had to listen to it for a while to figure out what it was.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens on the dark side of the moon like to play the Theremin!
The way the astronauts describe the sound, maybe it sounded like a Theremin to them.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo.....Cernan is quoted as saying he doesn't remember hearing music. Not surprising, because what he heard wasn't music.

Apollo 10 Lunar Module Pilot Gene Cernan told NASA on Monday, ‘I don’t remember that incident exciting me enough to take it seriously. It was probably just radio interference. Had we thought it was something other than that we would have briefed everyone after the flight. We never gave it another thought.’”

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hmm, I was expecting something sounding more like this.....

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

Me too. I love this!!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo.....Cernan is quoted as saying he doesn't remember hearing music. Not surprising, because what he heard wasn't music.

Apollo 10 Lunar Module Pilot Gene Cernan told NASA on Monday, ‘I don’t remember that incident exciting me enough to take it seriously. It was probably just radio interference. Had we thought it was something other than that we would have briefed everyone after the flight. We never gave it another thought.’”

So, much ado about nothing?

It seems that this is an old story that someone has recently resurrected as a story on a TV show, and has done some sensationalist PR in order to hype the TV show. It's like TV's version of "clickbait".

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
tonight on Science Channel is the new season of "Nasa's Unexplained Files", and this "music" in one of the subjects talked about. Looking forward to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
I'd heard of this before both here and elsewhere, but had only seen printed transcripts of what the astronauts of Apollo 10 were saying to each other while they traversed the far side of the moon and were therefore completely out of radio/radar range of earth.

While skimming some news articles today I saw this clip that seems to have the actual recordings of what they heard as well as the comments the astronauts were making to each other during their one hour trip around Farside.

Pretty cool stuff....

If this is old news to some, apologies in advance.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Mystery solved ...please check out @
www.dailymail.co.uk... atic.html

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I talked with several Apollo Mission Control buddies, they all laughed at the alien theory, one pointed out that during independent flight, both the LM and CSM sent status telemetry to Earth, but out of touch behind the moon, the CSM recorded it for later playback but the LM transmitted it to the CSM to also be recorded there for later playback. The VHF comm channel was also used for backup ranging signals, so the idea of interference among all these busy channels is expected -- and several crews did hear it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Am I the only one that's made really uncomfortable by these audio recordings?

I also found it a little disturbing. I listened to the sounds in a set of headphones so that may have enhanced the "spookiness" factors.

However, it appears that there are several plausible, but rather mundane, explanations for the music.

But it was disturbing nonetheless.

-dex

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

The audio of the description is matched to unrelated video, which showed all three astronauts together in the CM. The LM flyaround was flown in spacesuits, not coveralls [I -think- // need to double check]. Showing three men in the CM with audio of the noise would be deceptive if the producers had the brains to understand the truth, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're just stupid.

Jim, you are a consultant with several of these space shows on the Science Channel. In the shows with which you are associated, are the writers and producers as clueless as the once associated with NASA's Unexplained Files?

Perhaps NUF just needs your "gentle" touch to keep them in line.

-dex

edit on 2/24/2016 by DexterRiley because: sp

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Sounds of space hanimed, jupiter, black hole,sun youtu.be... sounds of Hell youtu.be... depth of 12,000 meters

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Sorry, this is OFFTOPIC.

Your profile pic is really hurting my eyes!

Pls carry on...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

this reminds me of the sound recorded from the Rosetta mission when it landed

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: JimOberg

The audio of the description is matched to unrelated video, which showed all three astronauts together in the CM. The LM flyaround was flown in spacesuits, not coveralls [I -think- // need to double check]. Showing three men in the CM with audio of the noise would be deceptive if the producers had the brains to understand the truth, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're just stupid.

Jim, you are a consultant with several of these space shows on the Science Channel. In the shows with which you are associated, are the writers and producers as clueless as the once associated with NASA's Unexplained Files?

Perhaps NUF just needs your "gentle" touch to keep them in line.

-dex

NUF is one of my clients, but they are free spirits when it comes to imagination! This case does seem extreme. Time for a little 'quiet diplomacy'.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind when I heard the sounds from NASA is Billy Meiers beam ship sound recording.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hesse
a reply to: Bedlam

Sorry, this is OFFTOPIC.

Your profile pic is really hurting my eyes!

Pls carry on...

That sort of looks like me on my GOOD days. At least, if you put me in a crowded bar, someone handed you that profile pic and said, find the guy that looks like that but is uglier, you'd have a great chance of picking me.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just saw the program and the segment on the "music" heard. It was very creepy to be sure! It reminded me of a high wind whine noise. Very very eerie. Unfortunately the program has not been posted yet on the Science Channels website, so I cannot include it yet. But the possible vhf comm link was poo pooed by an astronaut spokesperson who said " the astronauts would know what they should expect to hear and what they would not expect to hear", and this would be one of them. The noise to me anyway sounded a bit different from the noise near Saturn which were charged particles coming in contact with Saturns' magnetic field. Ther moon of course has no magnetic field.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join