It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the typical 'You create your own reality' belief system have an inherent contradiction?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

so a flute came from a science discovery? Was a patent issued? I must have missed that in the history of music; and obviously you have a peer reviewed paper to prove that.

See there you go again playing with words, exactly what you accuse others of doing. No merit just silly, rhetoric

Sure, a Western Concert Flute involves things that emerged from scientific thinking, the musical temperament and construction materials for sure.

Speaking of "silly rhetoric" you are the one using concepts that you can't backup at all. I'm just asking questions and you're all frazzled for some reason. Like how the heck energy could quantify positive and negative thoughts and transmit that information for manifesting?
Your response is to ignore the question entirely and try to run me off like some heretic who dares question the almighty LOA canon?
So obvious.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: joelr

words only fill ears of an ignorant belly, a point is a point. decide which way? is a choice. no need to flap freedom with a mind moving in the wind which ever way it blows. if it is light wind cannot snuff it out so easily... so why keep making wishes and circumbulances hoping to crumble mountains when the earth turns reguardless as a witness to all of this human failure to grasp thin air and trying to sell someone on freedom?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
clevers of clever only divide the nothing already conquered. if one really has faith and belief? why so clingy... said every one pointing to truth. the directions are not in the finger but the journey no stone covers.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Law of Attraction is like being at a restaurant; all of the food is there, but you get to choose what you will put on your plate and in your mouth.

If you believe that the world is a dark and depressing place, you will look for evidence of that. If you believe that the world is a happy and beautiful place, then you'll find evidence of that.

You get to choose what you give your awareness, focus, and energy to. As you give more awareness and belief to something, it becomes more real and more true to you.

Gratitude is a great way to stay aware of the beauty of Life.

There are Angels and Fairies of Healing and Love all around people and trees, grass, flowers, and all life, inspiring Gratitude, Love, and Kindness.

You get to choose who and what you give your focus, energy, and awareness to; why not choose beauty, love, and joy?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

We are bound by the laws of attraction and don't have to be aware of them to be using them. Awareness just gives us truer intention and can help us yield the life purpose we came here to fulfill.

The 'evil elite' may well be aware of how to use laws of attraction to manifest more riches and power. This is not without consequence. No one is above the law of the universe whilst on this earthly plane.

The people you talk of are not without pain. They may look like they have all their hearts desire with power, riches and control but it will bring only pain into their lives. The microcosm of these people's personal lives are usually fraught with negative emotions. Seeds of darkness that can eat away at a soul. There is always a price to pay when using the law of attraction without pure intent. But we all do this, whether aware of it or not. It is how the universe works.

These 'evil' ones are just other me's and you's, lost on their path. Karma catches up.

For the rest of us? Pure intention is the key. We can output negative thought patterns that define our lives. Self fulfilling prophecies galore. The man who spends his days believing he isn't good enough -isn't good enough. The woman who spends her days worrying about falling into debt - falls into more debt. We don't have to be experts in the law of attraction for the universe to begin attracting our thoughts manifested. This happens regardless.

Be humble, egoless and don't try to manifest something for selfish reasons. I wouldn't try to manifest material things like money, as so many books/articles/videos by 'laws of attraction gurus' would have you do. They're on the wrong path. What's wrong with simply trying to manifest happiness?
edit on 2/4/2016 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: Profusion

Be humble, egoless and don't try to manifest something for selfish reasons. I wouldn't try to manifest material things like money, as so many books/articles/videos by 'laws of attraction gurus' would have you do. They're on the wrong path. What's wrong with simply trying to manifest happiness?

Oh yeah ! and how do you manifest happiness.

Happiness is a state of mind or state of being that is dependent on having something or things that give you pleasure and satisfaction . If for you happiness means a nice family; happy children , etc then you are going to have to achieve that through LOA. Happy, well-mannered children with compassion and good hearts don't just grow on trees. Living on welfare from the government will not help. So you need to get yourself a good job so that you can live in a good neighbourhood so that your children go to a good school with nice fellow-pupils and don't rub shoulders with uncouth people. There is a price for all this and money is a contributing factor. There are bills to pay and you have to make ends meet.

On the other hand , if happiness for you means wearing a loin cloth and have 12 men following you around, you do not need LOA for that. A lot of monasteries will happily take you on , especially if you live is south east asia.

I don't think that I have ever heard anyone say that happiness is to live on welfare benefits. The thing is we all have bills to pay and our generosity and empathy only kick in once we have basic financial stability.

The Gurus are right !

edit on 2-4-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If you don't understand what the word "reality" means, then there's no contradiction.

If you have an understanding that reality is independent of my perception of it, then it becomes obvious the statement is completely nonsensical.

I get that the law of attraction is a marketing scheme for gullible fools, but I didn't imagine so many people would latch onto it. I guess there's more around us than I knew.

So in closing, don't confuse your subjective experiences in life for an objective reality. That path will lead you astray.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: daftpink
Very well said friend

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20559250]crowdedskies[/pos

Oh yeah ! and how do you manifest happiness. Happiness is a state of mind or state of being that is dependent on having something or things that give you pleasure and satisfaction

You don't manifest happiness, like you said it a state of mind, and it comes from within not without, true happiness does anyway. Its not where you are in life, its where your AT that gives true joy and satisfaction.
The material life has nothing whatsoever to do with it, unless your caught up in material things.

I get your POV though, a certain song by Madonna comes to mind...

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Does the typical 'You create your own reality

In a reality of everything thought the tangle of opposition will…be immense, so if the attraction is the thought reaction within our reality then no wonder its messy to say the least………

The scope of human desire is infinite, yet finite, infinite in relay, finite in each moment, tangled immeasurably through enactments and minuscule variations of each simulated approach, i.e. thought out to a finite point in infinity.

If similarity is engaged then maybe a pre destine is, but the scope for minor anomalies, redresses the perceived balance i.e. the mess, then the initial thought becomes a miscalculation, downloaded from where? Seemingly always a different output from the initial input?

But parodoxily a choice believed to be made of an initial will/desire/Thought before the thought that has changed within the thought to be a thought that was not established as the thought began that provokes a reality not thought we had thought that becomes/attracts our reality?

its good here aint it...........................?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Speak for yourself who clearly believes money equates happiness.

I've spent a lifetime on benefits and I'm happier than you can know.

The gurus are wrong. People who try to use LOA to gain more money are misguided.

Raising children to be polite also has zero to do with finance. I find your views a bit judgemental and naive. Perhaps you've never raised children. But trying to make your life perfect via LOA isn't the answer if you believe you need it for these things.
edit on 3/4/2016 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It almost seems that my reality is orchestrated either by my needs, others needs, or by outside influences, which I can not take pert or I may if I choose do so.

Where's the contradiction if it's a created reality by choice...at that moment?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
It almost seems that my reality is orchestrated either by my needs, others needs, or by outside influences, which I can not take part or I may if I choose do so.

Where's the contradiction if it's a created reality by choice...at that moment?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Pavid Icke gets PAID to give vague info, framing it as if he simply is more advanced than his listeners, and that if they keep coming back, maybe they will break, become delusional, and believe they "get it" also one day.. Maybe when they buy the entire book set.

THOSE WHO KNOW YOU EXIST CREATE YOUR REALITY. The philosophical transcription of universal law is all fun and games, but you cant apply it partially and expect the universe to not suffer at your expenses.

First they tell you, "we are one"

Then they tell you "you create your own reality"

Do you get it yet? Every Atom is self aware as part of the whole. I cant avoid flat tires by willing broken glass out of existence: that substance is INSTINCTUALLY SELF AWARE, and i have seen NOTHING to suggest Icke is tapping elements outside of our realities system of rules, unprone to the limitations of the current matter density node earth resides in.

When David Icke changes his Dna more than i have my own.. Until then, these book selling wizards are all pretty unhealthy looking, considering they create their own reality and all.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

The material life has nothing whatsoever to do with it, unless your caught up in material things.

I get your POV though, a certain song by Madonna comes to mind...

I am not sure about others, but I was incarnated in this material world. When I get up in the morning , I spend some 5 minutes in wonder in front of my very large aquarium; then pick up the guitar and strum or play some rift; then pick up my silver flute (all things material here)

After a shower , off to work; long pleasant drive; then long walk through the public park enjoying the tree reacting to the seasons. A bit of hocus pocus at work - mastering the IT bugs of my PC and saving some clients from the clutches of the Revenue (again, all things material).

In the weekend some flying and hopefully I will take up sailing soon.

I was incarnated in a material world and something tells me that my role here is to address the relationship of mind and matter.

Just like you hinted, I guess I am a material boy.
edit on 5-4-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Interesting reply, it seems we share some passions, playing guitar and flying, I'm a paraglider pilot myself.

What I was trying to get at is that material things aren't the be all and end all. Some people value material things above all others, as if life is about what you own rather than who you are. A saying I recall comes to mind.
"Once people were considered valuable and possessions useful, now possessions are considered valuable and people useful"
What saddens me is the lengths some will go to just to acquire more material things, and at the same time look down on others as if they are inferior in some way because they have little or no possessions. Some people will steal, lie, cheat and even murder in order to become more materially wealthy. If they do this believing it will bring them happiness somehow they are hugely mistaken.
Real happiness comes from love, from friends or family, from kindness both giving and receiving, and ultimately from realizing your kinship with all living beings.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I don't think my view is that different from yours
....and we both have a bird's eye view for sure

I too have compassion. However, mercy has to be balanced with severity. The world would be a better place if more good hearts entered the power game. Unfortunately, the good guys don't go very far because they wronly think that you cannot crack the whip and be compassionate at the same time.

It is all too easy to walk away from the tough world and point a finger at the so called filthy rich. One must remember that it is their so called greed that creates the jobs that we take for granted. All these big enterprises that employ us - where do they come from ?

Besides , as I have already mentioned, I consider it a mission to investigate the the ability to impress my will on the environment. This is part of the reason we are born in the material world. We all do it (most do it unconsciously). For me that extends beyond assets and money. I also try to be in a position to help and protect those treated unfairly. Sometimes , I wish I was a billionnaire. Then I could really wield power for good.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join