It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

books with spells in them

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent
I still hold there were posts that contributed to the original intent of the OP and supported intelligent discussion.'

But as a rule you are right that it is ruined. First page was still fine if I recall correctly.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

It may still be salvageable. Unfortunately I'm not in any position to provide anything of value but fwiw I did find the on topic parts to be interesting.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: BestinShow
No book should ever be destroyed. Just because they have that which you dislike, what ignorance. And a member here! Shameful to call out for the destruction of knowledge or culture.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Just because something was written and printed doesn't mean it's sacred and should never be destroyed. There are some truly evil, wicked and disturbing works out there. Destroying literature to hide knowledge, stymie discovery, stop revolution.. that is one thing. But it is ignorant to say that ALL works should be protected because they all have value. That's just not true.

If you had a child.. I have a feeling there are a few dozen books you'd never, ever want them to read.

But regardless.. the number of "pure evil" books is minuscule. Pretty much no one would discover them unless they sought them out. And if they are already on that path..

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

if you want to wade through 13 pages of crap to find it but yes it is there though. MagnaCarta2015 possibly it can be. in my 1st post on this thread i suggested a site that had some stuff the OP might have been interested in including some stuff on thelema since he mentioned golden dawn. i looked at some and they are readable online

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit
I hold firm to my belief. What books I wonder you mean though...oh actually, yeah the Bible because it gets exhausting simply being preached to.
All in jest. It is ignorant to destroy books.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

i do too, i never was one for the high ceremonial but interested in it none the less

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I doubt it can be. No one even cares about the actual topic anymore from what I see. Best bet is to begin a new thread if you actually have an interest. But clearly after seeing this thread that is doubtful. Won't be wading though. Don't need to get upset by the preachers.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I jut came across this online, maybe it'll be of use to someone.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

i wouldn't mind discussing things more in mail, i wasn't interested in LaVeys book but have some interest in a few of the views from JOS. michael ford has some interesting stuff but id take that with a few grains of salt

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

yeah thats the one i posted earlier on page 9, it looked like it had quite a bit of information on alot of different areas. it looked good for a beginner and such
edit on 22-2-2016 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
JOS? Not sure what that stands for. I don't have much use for magic, except the destructive sort.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

joy of satan. i found some of whats there helpful the rest of it well idk

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The rest may just be fun to read. I'm assuming this thread is dead then.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I hold firm to my belief. What books I wonder you mean though...oh actually, yeah the Bible because it gets exhausting simply being preached to.
All in jest. It is ignorant to destroy books.

It's ironic you should mention the bible. Between that, the Quran, and other religious works, close to a billion people have died "defending" those books. Goes to show the power of a book can have on a people.

Again it's pretty irrelevant.. the # of "dangerous" books (not counting your religious books) is miniscule, so it's not worth arguing over. But while something like The Communist Manifesto would now, not be considered "dangerous," how many deaths can be attributed to his beliefs, or his works? While I'm sure it's amusing now to hear about Karl thought it was a great idea to improve labor by having woman and children working only 6 days a week, only 12 hours a day, I think those who actually suffered as a result of his works might disagree. If I could destroy his books from the outset, I would in a heartbeat.. and it saddens me to think there are people that think it was or would be a good idea for those books to survive.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

who knows maybe check tomorrow

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If you're looking for spells and don't know what the LBRP is just watch a YouTube video. It's probably the most effective spell on the planet, save for The Lord's Prayer.

Yes, both are equally effective.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I will be. Should be religious discussion going on. Perhaps book burnings too.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You disappoint me. Please before escalation let us adjourn...If you agree to adjourn then do not, to me, reply.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
wow i cant believe this thread made it to 14 pages, thanks to anyone who actually contributed and to all the Christians who derailed my topic shame on you.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Bet you didn't expect to leave for 24 hours & find your threaded exploded huh
This was one of the fastest growing threads I've seen in awhile.

Boggling how little of it is actually relevant to the OP.
edit on 23-2-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join