It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Nevada Desert shots from a drone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yesterday, I found a YouTube channel where you can find some nice shots of the Nevada Desert and Groom Lake as well
All the scenes are taken by a drone.

For a link click here

Nothing really hot but I think it was worth to post it here

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Very cool indeed

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Nice vids!
From that users videos i clicked on the tikaboo peak - something odd video
[url=http://www.youtube.com...]

Here are a couple G.E shots from that location.
The first looks like a guard post perhaps?
The second looks like a base of some sort

edit on 19-2-2016 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That's not Tikaboo Peak. The coordinates of the peak are N 37°20.654' W115°21.543'

Goog le Maps Link

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gfad

The video claims it shows tikaboo peak. Then at the 4:37 mark in the video he points out something else the drone spots in the area. He then posted a G.E link in the description of the location of what was "Odd"
So i clicked his G.E link and scrolled around to the area indicated in the video - which is those base like buildings. To the East of those buildings is what i called the guard shack.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
www.lazygranch.com...

The resolution is pretty poor, but I think the spot near Tikaboo is the Range 61 target. There is a photo of it in the link above. That is a live bombing range. I've watched them shoot up that target at night with what I assume was an AC-130. The IR tracers make it look like they are shooting with lasers.

I think the south gate shot is at the old Range 61 gate. That is where they used to have a repeater. I haven't been that spot in years, but my recollection is you get there by driving on Mail Box Road and forgetting to turn onto Groom Lake Road.

It could also be this gate, but I didn't notice the security camera.
www.lazygranch.com...

The shot they got of Groom Lake is decent. At least you can see some buildings. I can see this kind of video annoying the Groom Lake powers that be. I thought there was a 400ft AGL limit, so the 1600ft shots are a bit dicey.

With current technology, the video of the base isn't very impressive. But a commercial grade drone with a DSLR might catch something flying at the base. Well assuming they fly during the day.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
www.lazygranch.com...

The resolution is pretty poor, but I think the spot near Tikaboo is the Range 61 target. There is a photo of it in the link above. That is a live bombing range. I've watched them shoot up that target at night with what I assume was an AC-130. The IR tracers make it look like they are shooting with lasers.

I think the south gate shot is at the old Range 61 gate. That is where they used to have a repeater. I haven't been that spot in years, but my recollection is you get there by driving on Mail Box Road and forgetting to turn onto Groom Lake Road.

It could also be this gate, but I didn't notice the security camera.
www.lazygranch.com...

The shot they got of Groom Lake is decent. At least you can see some buildings. I can see this kind of video annoying the Groom Lake powers that be. I thought there was a 400ft AGL limit, so the 1600ft shots are a bit dicey.

With current technology, the video of the base isn't very impressive. But a commercial grade drone with a DSLR might catch something flying at the base. Well assuming they fly during the day.

It is the "old" Range 61 gate, I just uploaded my last video of my trip in there. There is a camera on the left of the gate, up the hill. And the remains of what looks like a road sensor.
www.youtube.com...

The video called "near Front Gate" - I don't recognize the trails at all. Looks like they are parked somewhere on GLR and flew drone in somewhere, but I don't recognize where.
edit on 19-2-2016 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

I'm calling that new Range 61 gate. ;-)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wonder if the security at A51 would be able to detect a small drone doing a 1 way flight with a DSLR camera streaming FPV live back to the pilot. Its quite a distance. But my drone has a up to 5 km transmitter distance in unobstructed conditions.
Traveling at 17 m/s, it woulnt take long to get some decent footage. To bad im up in canada or i would test this

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Why I can't open your site neither on my computer nor on my smartphone? I tried to fix it but it happens when I want to load your site via WiFi and usual internet connection as well...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I wonder if the security at A51 would be able to detect a small drone doing a 1 way flight with a DSLR camera streaming FPV live back to the pilot. Its quite a distance. But my drone has a up to 5 km transmitter distance in unobstructed conditions. Traveling at 17 m/s, it woulnt take long to get some decent footage. To bad im up in canada or i would test this

I AM up in Canada, and I WILL be testing this. I don't think my drone has 5 km range, I have to test that. I have purchased some better antenna's, see if that helps. Pretty sure they only have visual or audio detection.

Something that finally dawned on me - the "Box" i.e. the restricted airspace over Area 51 actually extends outside the land border. Like 3 1/2 miles before the border on Groom Lake Road. So drone operators beware.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

I'm calling that new Range 61 gate. ;-)

I thought THIS one was "new Range 61 Gate"?
37°17'19.68"N, 115°37'47.63"W
The one with the camera, located just over the border, to the right of the gate.

And this is "Wilson Gate"?
37°17'19.37"N, 115°26'34.59"W

I know for sure this one is the one with the camera up the hill to the left of the gate:
37°17'19.49"N, 115°35'27.89"W

I've got Bald Mountain gates 1-6 marked on my Google Earth, been to them all.

I think you and I should come up with official nomenclature for these border crossings.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

Give it another try. Works for me. I should point out when I move the website to the same server with
inplanesight.org...
, significant IP blocking is employed. If you are blocked on that server, you have been naughty in the past, or are using a VPN that others hackers have used.

I may have been a bit too subtle on the Range 61 gate. For one thing, you can avoid the camera or just sneak up behind it. Second, the lock looks tough, but the gate is just wire.

Then again, it is a live bombing range! Do you really want to cross the border there?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Nice shots, shame it just seems to go straight up and that's it.

Perhaps someone could send one near the Nellis AF base where the "Charles Hall tall whites", have their base and launch pads.

Well documented locations here...........with maps etc.

openseti.org...

How about it Tech Droners?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Nice shots, shame it just seems to go straight up and that's it.

Perhaps someone could send one near the Nellis AF base where the "Charles Hall tall whites", have their base and launch pads.

Well documented locations here...........with maps etc.

openseti.org...

How about it Tech Droners?

What nonsense. In the nearly two decades I've been poking around the range, nobody ever mentioned such a ridiculous story. Nor have I read about dead or injured weatherman.

BTW, the NTS does the weather balloon (radiosonde) for that part of the range. The TTR does it up north.

I've got an old radiosonde I found a bit east of the ET Highway. No markings related to origion on it.

The theodolites (Contraves) are also up at the TTR.

The biggest danger out on the range is heat during the day and tripping over stuff at night. Tall white space aliens aren't on my list of things to watch out for.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The "motion sensor" in this clip is a radar reflector. The base uses them alternatively with the orange poles to mark the border. The radar reflector can be seen better from the security chopper.

youtu.be...

There is a photo of on of these reflectors on this page :
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

The link you gave works fine but I still can't visit your site. I haven't been naughty but it's really possible that I'm using the server that other, less gently people used in the past. I don't know it happened when I changed my ISP.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedFanatic

The link you gave works fine but I still can't visit your site. I haven't been naughty but it's really possible that I'm using the server that other, less gently people used in the past. I don't know it happened when I changed my ISP.

I will send you a PM since nobody else has an issue.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

What kind of drones do you have?

I have a DJI Phantom 3 pro and most recently purchased a DJI inspire 1.
Im in the midst of making my side business official. I mainly do aerial surveys with the Pix4d software.
But have also been working with a few realtors for taking short videos and photos of homes and properties they are selling.
Last weekend i was assisting in filming a new movie called "Rather Than Locked" for a film festival.
Gonna be neat seeing my shots on the big screen in april.

The inspire is an amazing drone. The only thing i dont like about it that you need 2 people to fly it. 1 to pilot, the other to man the camera. It came with 2 controllers, one for each operation. Its fun to fly, its like a great big mosquito ripping threw the sky
edit on 20-2-2016 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

What kind of drones do you have?

Not what you have. Wow, jealous.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join