It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Now THIS is taking recycling way too far! WARNING: Super disgusting!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

log in


posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
a reply to: Kester Jeez! What's wrong with people in Florida!? I wonder if this story is true, is some Chinese company actually finding tons of used condoms. People are so gross sometimes, apparently in Florida... A lot of the time.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
China has been known to do some pretty disgusting things like putting melamine in milk for infants, dangerous metals in cheap jewelry and toys, toxic ingredients in toothpaste, etc.

I'm glad the used condom hair ties isn't real, but it would not have surprised me.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
a reply to: queenofswords

Yvonne Dalton: "The skin just started peeling away"

A judge is expected to order several retailers to pay millions of pounds to people who suffered burns and rashes from faulty leather sofas. The BBC now has evidence that Argos, Walmsleys and Land of Leather, accept liability - subject to it being proved that injuries were caused by the sofas. More than 1,600 people claim to have been affected by the problem. Tens of thousands more people could have burns not yet traced to sofas. The High Street stores, along with 11 others may have to pay more than £10m in compensation and legal costs, the shoppers' lawyers say. They claim that makes it "the largest group compensation claim ever seen in British Courts"

The sofas, which were manufactured in China, were packed with sachets of an anti-mould chemical called dimethyl fumarate to stop them from going mouldy during storage in humid conditions. Commonly known as DMF, the toxic, fine white powder has been used by some manufacturers to protect leather goods like furniture and shoes from mould. Even very small amounts can be harmful.

Flaking skin

One sofa customer who is well aware of the health problems caused by her purchase is Yvonne Dalton, who bought a leather sofa suite from Argos in April 2007. Almost a year later she started to notice a rash developing on her arms and legs. After a few weeks her skin started flaking off. She says the irritation was so bad she was off work for two months. Yvonne was seen by more than a dozen doctors, who couldn't work out what was causing the rash. She said: "It was very, very painful - I couldn't sleep at night, I couldn't walk about, I couldn't drive, the fact that every time I did walk about the skin would fall off and I would leave a trail of it - therefore I couldn't go to work."

Yvonne was one of thousands of people who had bought a leather sofa from Argos, Land of Leather, or Walmsleys, and then suffered a severe reaction. For a long time none of those suffering knew it was their sofa causing the problem - so they simply kept sitting on the defective furniture, and worsening their condition.

Chemical burns

A dermatologist in Liverpool solved the mystery. After hearing of an increasing number of patients presenting with similar symptoms, the scientist discovered they had all recently bought new leather furniture, which had been packed with chemical sachets in China. The scientist tested the contents of one of the sachets on his skin, and it quickly reacted. Further testing revealed that the sachets contained a chemical called dimethyl fumerate - or DMF - placed inside the sofas to stop them from going mouldy during storage in humid warehouses in Asia. When the sachets get hot, the chemical evaporates into the air - penetrating through the leather and victims' clothing and onto their skin - causing painful blisters and sores.

Accident or deliberate warfare?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
OP, I'm not so sure about your site. I mean here on the sidelines are some other "articles".

•Donald Trump Proposes ‘One Child Law’ For Hispanics
• Man Arrested For Leaving Suitcase With Dismembered Body In Walmart Bathroom
• Police Find Satanic Ritual Dungeon In Chicago Chuck E. Cheese Basement
• Girl Scouts Of America Approved To Sell Marijuana Edible Cookies At Dispensaries
• Angry Woman Served Poop In Ice Cream Cone After Complaining To Manager
• Baby Found Alive Inside Woman’s Corpse In Hospital Morgue
• Arkansas Man Gets Sister Pregnant After Unknowingly Having Sex With Her During ‘Furry’ 0rgy
• Couple On Meth Arrested For Eating Homeless Man In Central Park
• 57 Pound Toad Caught Eating Neighboring Pets In New Mexico
• White Woman Claims She Was Abducted And Impregnated By A “Dark Skinned Race Of Aliens”
- See more at:

But this one does look pretty interesting! 57 Pound Toad Caught Eating Neighboring Pets In New Mexico:

Notice the man and toad are standing right in front of a giant rattler tail statue. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

edit on 10-2-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:13 PM
a reply to: StoutBroux

LOL at the bullfrog! I did see a crab about that big once....for real!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:25 PM
Don't venture down to your water treatment plant if stuff like that bothers you.

Out of sight out of mind.

But ewww, the chinese are evil…

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:27 PM
China is the land of disgusting, where greed rules.

Nothing surprises me where they are concerned. Lead, plastics in pet food, used cooking oil fished out of the sewer.

If it's grotesque China will do it, eat it, sell it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
a reply to: queenofswords

please cite a primary source for the alledged " CDC warning "

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: queenofswords

please cite a primary source for the alledged " CDC warning "

Please read the entire thread. There is none. It was a hoax piece, albeit a very good one.
edit on 10-2-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

log in