It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One More Foot in Shoe Washes Ashore in British Columbia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Another foot has washed ashore in British Columbia. Clad in a shoe, the foot is the fifteenth of it's kind to wash ashore on the west coast since 2007.

Link.

Will this mystery ever be solved? Lots of theories, some more plausible than others, have been put forward. They're from Asian Tsunami victims; they're victims of a serial killer; they're the unfortunate people who managed to get swept out with the tide; HAARP did it; it's a government conspiracy.

This Wiki link has a map of where the other feet were found and some theory discussion.

So what do you think? Will this mystery ever be solved? The most recent foot can't have been a tsunami victim, as the shoe wasn't produced until 2013.

Personally, I think some might be copycat murders, but other than that, I really have no idea. I'd actually forgotten about the West Coast Floating Feet, but I think this is a good time to sink my teeth in again.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You don't mess with the mobsters or else you sleep with the fishes?

That particular shoe appears to have gone on the market sometime after March 2013, said regional coroner Matt Brown.

"I believe most of these were determined to be suicides," said Brown.

"In this case, we don't believe there is anything to indicate any level of suspicion at this time."

There we go, obviously Brown is a serial killer, if he really thinks there is nothing suspicious about a foot without his owner washing ashore.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
An incredible story.I couldnt even fathom a guess as to What the heck is going on.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That's definItely a theory. There is a strong asian "mafia" or "gang" influence in Vancouver especially.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Quite the odd story..

Fifteen feet have washed up on the shores of B.C. and Washington State since 2007 — the latest incident was in Seattle in 2014. "I believe most of these were determined to be suicides," said Brown [Matt Brown, B.C. Regional Coroner]

11 found in B.C., 4 in Washington State

Some people have also planted "hoax" feet on some of these beaches.

Some of the remains were identified (from the WIki page) :

As of February 2012, only five feet of four people have been identified

I'd like to know details about those ones that were ID'd. Is there a common connection with all of these? Very curious

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

this little tidbit was great:

The series of discoveries has been called "astounding" and "almost beyond explanation", as no other body parts have turned up.[

Very odd. Great story OP. Will be sticking around and following this one

Also from the Wiki Page:

Of the ten or 11 feet found, only two have been left feet. Both of those were matched with right feet......

Finding two feet has been given a "million to one odds" and has thus been described as "an anomaly".[5] The finding of the third foot made it the first time three such discoveries had been made so close to each other.[40] The fourth discovery caused speculation about human interference and, statistically, was called "curious".[41]

They found BOTH the left and right foot, for 2 of the people. Statistically, that happening ONCE is miraculous. Definitely freaky
edit on 10-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

In 2014, Bill Inkster who works for the BC Coroners office claimed that they had identified 7 of the victims. Link. Most are said to be suicide victims, but the mystery is still there for me. I think this is one of those things where, no matter if it gets a "SOLVED" stamp, we'll always be speculating.

edit on 10-2-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
"Hoax feet"?

They were real to somebody. lol!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
You don't mess with the mobsters or else you sleep with the fishes?

That particular shoe appears to have gone on the market sometime after March 2013, said regional coroner Matt Brown.

"I believe most of these were determined to be suicides," said Brown.

"In this case, we don't believe there is anything to indicate any level of suspicion at this time."

There we go, obviously Brown is a serial killer, if he really thinks there is nothing suspicious about a foot without his owner washing ashore.

I just saw your edit. He's definitely the Foot Floater. "Doo da doo, nothing to see here." - Matt Brown

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Is a severed foot in a shoe supposed to float?
Doesn't seem likely. Maybe only in tennis shoes?
Maybe only pumped up Nikes are being found and
there are way more feet that didn't float and
wash ashore? A cowboy boot wouldn't float with
a foot in it.

The whole G-D story sounds like some psy op media hoax
to plant more fear.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
interesting that all the people who've been positively identified either were suicides or died of natural causes, so apparently the question isn't "Why do these feet keep showing up on beaches?" but "Do aquatic animals really hate shoes?" It kinda makes sense, shoes have a lot of buoyancy so they'd float for quite a ways, and none of the feet have shown tool marks (so none of them were cut off) So the feet would most likely be the last thing left of a dead person who ended up in the ocean after the rest of it had been eaten or disintegrated. I'm sure a couple fish and maybe an aquatic mammal or two probably tried to gnaw on the shoes but it probably wasn't worth the effort of trying to swallow a shoe to get at the foot inside.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Plant fear about what? I can't get into that theory myself, but who knows.

Ankle joints are pretty weak, it doesn't seem a big mystery that the ankles would detach from swollen bodies as the tissue degraded over time or that feet would float. Whole bodies float.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I remember reading about this on Cracked.com. It is a pretty spooky story. I can't believe it's still going on.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'd say the mystery is definitely still there, even if there's suicide notes and videos for every single one. Are they suiciding by cutting their feet off, throwing them off a boat, then bleeding out from their ankle stumps to death? Are they drowing themselves while wearing shoes and only the feet are protected from being eaten by the fish/sharks?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Whole bodies float.

They do? I'm aware that whole bodies float At. I know why the mob
coined the term concrete shoes. Bodies have air in them, my point
was that a severed foot would not have air in it. Do you really believe
a cowboy boot would float with a foot inside? Do skeletons float?
Nope! So why would a skeletonised foot in a shoe come floating up
on shore. And the motive doesn't have to be fear even tho I said that.
In fact there doesn't even have to be a motive at all beyond testing
our gullibility. And I'm not even convinced at all of what I'm saying.
But to say it shouldn't be on the table at all? How many of these feet
have you witnessed float ashore?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well, it is suggested that at least some of the remains may be suicides, although how one could come to that conclusion from the condition of a waterlogged foot is beyond me. Depending on the methodology used to force the mortal soul from its fleshly confines, at least a torso, neck, or arm would have to be found in order to make any such suggestion remotely based in fact, rather than in supposition.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The coroners office has matched DNA from the feet to DNA from recovered bodies and also missing persons.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I know, how could they say it was suicide?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Ok... So has any investigation been done into how the feet became detached from the rest of the cadavers? Because from where I sit, finding a body with no feet on it seems like one of those things, that really requires more investigation than suicide victims tend to attract.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Because they've matched some feet to bodies of people who have jumped from bridges in the area; but the mystery is still there for me. Not all feet have been identified.

To TrueBrit, the scientists say the feet are easily detached, as the matter there is minimal and easily degraded.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join