It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to propose $10-a-barrel oil tax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Agit8dChop

"Black man in charge"?

So if Hillary gets in and we disagree on policy, were sexist?
If Sanders gets in, we're anti-semetic?
If Rubio or Cruz gets in, we're anti-Hispanic?
If Carson gets in, we're racist?

Depends if your going to act all spastic and rabid over the most trivial of things...
But in saying.. yes - there will be parts of America who hate Hilary because she's a women
There will be parts of America who hate Sanders and Ribio and Carson for the most ignorant of reasons.

Sadly, America (like all other places on earth) still has pockets of people who hate someone for their colour/sex/religion or race. Do you deny this exists?

I personally feel that Obama hasn't been perfect. You haven't had a president that is. But Obama cops a hell of a lot more flack than any other white president has. Maybe its because social media allows people to mouth off so easily and he's the first president in power when it really became mainstream.

But you cannot deny America has had a race problem in its creation. Slavery, whites only cafe's, parks, KKK etc.. For you to pretend like some people dont hate Obama because of his colour is pretty naive.

Who were your alternatives?

Mccain? Romney? Trump? Hillary?... tell me which one you want instead of Obama, which ''perfect white person'' would have the answer to everything?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

you are so hysterical and rabid and your focus is 10000% on ridiculing the black man in charge

And you also lost all credibility when you brought race into the equation.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So much for him riding out his last year. He has to go out spinning rims.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: links234

Considering the things he has done or attempted to do with EOs ... yes, we worry that he will try it if he wants it badly enough.

He's been pretty clear since the start that energy will necessarily skyrocket, and that he considers $5/gal gas to be an appropriate price.

Have a quote on that last?

Or heck, which EO is unconstitutional?

Thank you kindly.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

you are so hysterical and rabid and your focus is 10000% on ridiculing the black man in charge

If you are going to pretend like there's no small % of people who hate/ridicule Obama purely because he's black then you being so niave and ignorant voided you a long time ago.

I am not saying everyone hates him for his colour, but there are some (even on this board..)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

It doesn't negate that the plans we're approved during a democratic controlled congress during Obama and that every last program has been an abysmal failure.

Not true...
Your source doesn't even say that.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

If you are going to pretend like there's no small % of people who hate/ridicule Obama purely because he's black then you being so niave and ignorant voided you a long time ago.

I am not saying everyone hates him for his colour, but there are some (even on this board..)

And no one in this thread even mentioned race at all. Your attempt to interject race into why people dislike Obama's policies is a desperate attempt to detract from the issue at hand.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So Democrats didn't control congress in 2009 when Solyndra got their stimulus money?

Edit: I hate partisan politics and policy just as much as the next guy. But credit due where it's deserved.

edit on 2/4/2016 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I have several posts commenting on the issue before I raised him being black as ''one'' reason why people hate him.

you've once again proven

'' typical ignorant American hysteria ''

you have all this information, yet you focus on the one tiny, trivial thing because it gets your point of view across.

Maybe Obama isn't the problem.. Maybe its just American society and some of the people in it? You want to burn it to the ground so you can blame the guy you dont like.

oh hell your right I'm probably wrong.. quick if your lucky you can still pickup that prescription for meds as you detour past McDonalds.. make sure you take your 453x ACR assault rifles and 32x handguns just incase you need to defend yourself. /s

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

wow what a scam

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about that. Was talking about your statement that every company invested in has been a failure.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Has there been any that has actually been successful? In that it benefited the federal taxpayers? Or got a decrease in federal taxes somewhere?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

In your own source it talks about Tesla and how it has already repaid the loan.

Mr. Davidson said the expected loss to taxpayers has dropped some $2.28 billion since the initial estimates, and he predicted that the cost will continue to drop as projects mature and repay their loans.

As of the end of 2014, the projects in the program have repaid $3.6 billion in principal and another $810 million in interest. The Energy Department says it expects, over the life of the loans, to earn $5 billion in total interest — though that has to be offset against the costs the federal government incurs for borrowing to finance its spending, so that’s not pure profit.

From your own source.
That 2.2 number was much higher before, but has been decreasing. It is not a set in stone number like you are making it out to be.
www.factcheck.org...

Here is some more about it as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Has there been any that has actually been successful? In that it benefited the federal taxpayers? Or got a decrease in federal taxes somewhere?

Well, there was um. . . that one company that. . . oh. No. Never mind.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
...Well now, here's hoping the Congressional Republicans actually do some obstructing for a change. REAL obstructing this time, none of that hard to get "NO stop, I said no, *giggle* well maybe just a little slap and tickle, OH do me now!" token resistance prior to total capitulation horsecrap they've been doing, either.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are you kidding me?

Republicans would approve a 5 dollar tax raise and call it a win and a defeat against Obama.

And Obama will sign it and laugh and laugh.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

That's their right just as it was *some* African Americans right to hate Bush because he was white. He'll, that song and dance bought one man the hand of Kim Kardashian... Of course I'd argue the average ATS Obama hater is worlds smarter and more astute that Kanye West, but there's certainly some karma in the circumstance, isn't there?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, no kidding. *sigh* compromise and the constant leftward shift to maintain the spacing between the GOP and Democrat parties have marginalized the Republicans so badly it should be criminal. America lacks a Conservative party... :sadface:
edit on 4-2-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Obama will just blame Congress and find a way to regulate a regulation into a hidden tax somewhere.

His staff already has the way.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

America has had enough of his unwanted "staff"... You'd think one of these days Congress would simply shut him down and impeach if he fails to stay at the heel.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join