It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gravity Outlawed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Over the years since no anti gravity device has seen the light if the day, do you not get the distinct impression that anti gravity is outlawed?
Patent offices or unis will not entertain it. Any entity that dabbles in it may have their grants taken away and be ridiculed to no end. Even entities like nasa will not entertain it. Granted GR has taken hold to the extent that expts are designed and results interpreted to suit it. Now I just wonder why this should be so. Isn't science all about progress or do the tptb have ulterior motives in this regard?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Apply occams razor, what seems more likely, a giant coluded conspiracy about a very exotic Sci fi invention.

Or we just can't do it yet?

Hell we haven't even isolated the graviton yet, how could we not only isolate but utilize its inverse?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Over the years since no anti gravity device has seen the light if the day, do you not get the distinct impression that anti gravity is outlawed?

And no unicorn repelling force fields have seen the light of the day, either. I guess they're also outlawed?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

And no unicorn repelling force fields have seen the light of the day, either. I guess they're also outlawed?

I apparently live inside of a unicorn repelling force field.
I have yet to be bothered by a unicorn, or even see one.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

There are definite motives to shun this technology to the public. The US military views this as the ultimate weapon. The only way to utilize this is to privately develop it in total secrecy. (Which would be no easy task.)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

Apply occams razor, what seems more likely, a giant coluded conspiracy about a very exotic Sci fi invention.

Or we just can't do it yet?

Hell we haven't even isolated the graviton yet, how could we not only isolate but utilize its inverse?

People have discovered many things about this technology without any need to "isolate" anything.
Stanton Friedman has researched anti gravity and discovered that "Magneto Aerodynamics" documents were 90% all classified, and they still are.
So there is a lot more to this than you might think.

edit on 4-2-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The idea is a magnetic flied designed as a primary propulsion to an object. Does not necessary imply such an engine could be used to escape Earths gravity today.

The force generated by the drive is not particularly strong, but the implications are big. Multiple independent experiments have now replicated the drive's ability to generate thrust, albeit with varying success. Using panels to convert solar energy into electricity and then into thrust, opens the door to perpetual space travel fueled by the stars.

Scientists were slow to warm up to the EmDrive since it violates the law of the conservation of momentum. In addition to not being sure why it works — current theories rely on quantum mechanics — scientists also have some pretty good ideas why it shouldn't work.

The law of the conservation of momentum is pretty important. It says that you can't create or destroy momentum. The momentum of two objects that collide is equal before and after the impact. Space travel relies on this principle. A typical rocket engine or thruster uses propellant that it blasts out to create an opposing force. Think of a fireman with a giant firehose. Turn it on, and it pushes back against you.

Electro-Magnetic Drive.

edit on 4-2-2016 by Kashai because: Added and edited content

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Ahh, that's the problem, you see, the unicorn is on the outside of the repelling forcefield and becomes invisible to you on the inside. If you try reversing the polarity, the unicorn will be able to see you, and you him. (Or her), but since the forcefield is now reversed and attracting and pulling the unicorn, you could be easily gored to death by that horn, so I wouldn't recommend that.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Patent offices or unis will not entertain it. Any entity that dabbles in it may have their grants taken away and be ridiculed to no end. Even entities like nasa will not entertain it. Granted GR has taken hold to the extent that expts are designed and results interpreted to suit it. Now I just wonder why this should be so. Isn't science all about progress or do the tptb have ulterior motives in this regard?

A point being anti-gravity research has not been outlawed. ('
')
edit on 4-2-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I would imagine its been done, just not accepted by MS
a reply to: Sargeras

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Lol. nice one

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

There are definite motives to shun this technology to the public. The US military views this as the ultimate weapon. The only way to utilize this is to privately develop it in total secrecy. (Which would be no easy task.)
You do have a point. Though if some does it in secrecy, it is only human to proclaim it to the world, once you succeed, See I did it, and unfortunately be ridiculed in return.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

You do have a point. Though if some does it in secrecy, it is only human to proclaim it to the world, once you succeed, See I did it, and unfortunately be ridiculed in return.

I would call KOMO news 4 in Seattle and tell them I am on my way there in my anti-gravity vehicle that I just finished after years of work, and they could film me in daylight landing on their heli-pad right there close to the space needle
I would have special security logistics prepared to make a fast exit after the interview in case of trouble, and maybe even take the news anchor for a little demo-flight.

That would set the world on fire.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yet the stories persist...

edit on 4/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Oh, I get it.

Obey Gravity, IT'S THE LAW!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Being serious, there is theory and research into Anti-Gravity going on unimpeded.

Thing is, it's a tough nut to crack, especially when everyone has a different definition of what anti-gravity may be.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"Impossible Rocket Drive Works and can get us to the Moon in Four Hours.

That is equivalent to driving 400 miles at 100 miles an hour.

edit on 4-2-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I remember read in eitherPopular Mechanics or Mechanics Illustrated back about 1962 that fifteen different universities and tech centers were studying massless drive units which are often wrongly called "anti'-gravity units. All of that talk swiftly went away. Obviously, they were intent on defining the capabilities of UFOs, but the reason for the intense interest was never really explained--not that it was need at that time.

There is a woman, from India, I think that fairly recently did have a web site where she claimed that her father, a renown scientist was knowledgeable and involved in such work at that time. I don't recall quite all that she said on her website, but her mentioning that aspect struck a never in me because I for decades (and maybe still do) had a clipping from the source magazine about those places doing the work. One I recall was the University of Michigan.

Of course, most of that sort of work is funded by grants from Uncle and if Uncle deems something he doesn't want worked on, no soup for you. It is all a very similar situation to why hasn't any decent aspect of science ever chosen to get to the bottom of the UFO mystery? The answer is that it won't be allowed. Uncle wants the whole area to stay under wraps.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Lol, Specially if the news anchor happens to be a pretty lass.
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
When antigravity is outlawed only outlaws will have antigravity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join