It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gravity Outlawed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Anti-gravity outlawed? Nah...

Fusion power? Now there's something that one might wish to outlaw world-wide. . .

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Anti-gravity outlawed? Nah...

Fusion power? Now there's something that one might wish to outlaw world-wide. . .
why I would imagine fusion power is good clean power

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
yes some info or his name would be welcome
a reply to: intergalactic fire

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

It would create a fundamental shift in the paradigm of power in the world. Our entire civilization is built upon the control of resources and the power generated from those resources. If fusion power was allowed, it would upturn everything on end overnight, resulting in chaos and upheaval.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
In other words those entities lost their ongoing grants
a reply to: chr0naut

Only one of them lost their funding (BPP).

The thing is that the payout from these researches are likely to be a long time in the future. The forces are subtly small at present.

The thing is that science and technology seem to compound. As we learn more, we have a greater capacity to learn. That is part of the thing about Kurtzweil's Technological Singularity.

At this stage, though, there are no sudden breakthroughs. The progress crawls and the minute details are everything.

edit on 5/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It would create a fundamental shift in the paradigm of power in the world. Our entire civilization is built upon the control of resources and the power generated from those resources. If fusion power was allowed, it would upturn everything on end overnight, resulting in chaos and upheaval.

Meh. Humans have fought among themselves for things other than "energy to run things" for...well, forever.

Before our civilization had a need for fuel to run industry, they were fighting over better hunting grounds, or sources of flint, or mating stock. If we no longer had a need to fight over fuel/energy, we would go back to finding other reasons to covet what our fellow humans have.

Not much would change expect for the specific objects over which we fight.

edit on 2/5/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So true! Why oil would become meaningless and the economy would... oh, I see. Seems to be happening now!

As to "anti gravity" you do not really need to know exactly what "gravity" is. Richard Feynman's dad told him we can measure It, we can describes it's effect between two masses, but what it is, nobody knows (or close). There has been work on this outside of government labs. The Podkletov effect was noticed quite a while ago. You spin a superconductor magnet above another and "gravity" appears to diminish. As to what is actually occurring nobody investigated because the poor guy was laughed out of the country.

My personal belief is that the spinning magnets are preventing some of the gravity from affecting the mass in effect shielding some small percentage of "regular" gravity. Now if you can do that magnets why some other substance? And that I where the whole thing goes dark.

wikipeadia's anti-gravity page w/Podkletnov mention

PS - lmao strombringer

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The Podkletov effect was noticed quite a while ago. You spin a superconductor magnet above another and "gravity" appears to diminish. As to what is actually occurring nobody investigated because the poor guy was laughed out of the country.

PS - lmao strombringer

absolutely not true... his effect was investigated by many researchers, some as recent as the last couple of years... all failed to produce any results of note, Podkletov constantly deflects the null results as "Oh they did something wrong" Despite him having direct input with quite a few of the recreation experiments.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433 (a little fyi for those not up to speed)
In 1992, Eugine Podkletnov, a materials scientist, discovered that using a rotating high temperature super conductor disk the effects of gravity ABOVE the disk was diminished. He is a scientist so he blocked out air currents, evaporating liquid nitrogen, put the mass in a vacuum, etc., to eliminate as many variables as he could and his readings were the same. He even went to the floor above and found that exactly where the apparatus was set up, the same measurement occurred. This is not some quack in his mom's basement with a disassembled microwave oven!
You can read the original WIRED article here: Podkletnov effect in Wired

Nobody could recreate the effect, true. Which is why he was laughed out of the country. But nobody investigated any further either. I am not saying this is how it is done, just providing an example of another area of research suddenly stopped. If, big if, something did happen, then why was this not taken seriously with further investigation? Just does not seem very scientific.

Seems to me quantum locking would be more effective anyway.

edit on 5-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammer cop

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Nobody could recreate the effect, true. Which is why he was laughed out of the country. But nobody investigated any further either. I am not saying this is how it is done, just providing an example of another area of research suddenly stopped. If, big if, something did happen, then why was this not taken seriously with further investigation? Just does not seem very scientific.

Seems to me quantum locking would be more effective anyway.

It could be argued that people trying to recreate the effect is investigating it further. If I were a researcher who wanted to investigate this effect, I would need it to happen in my lab first, or else there is little to investigate past Plodkletnov's original information.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

...and the military-industrial complex would be frothing all over themselves to have it. Free power for any mass of tank/bomber/ship/etc/etc. They'd be the ones to get their hands on it first - the military of any world power.

And what organization do you think that's possibly strong enough to keep Kim Jung Il from using it or developing it (if it was real) or the government of various unfriendly nations?

Me, I'm thinking that the reason we don't have it (or antigravity) is that it's not been developed yet. Otherwise it's be in use in military devices.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

so true and it is human greed.
though anti gravity imo has the potential of unlimited power too. considering all you get out of the time domain is electrons at right angles to regular electrons, measurable nonetheless. sort of a loop with the time domain, they come intoy our system, do the work and go back to the time domain. If it can be scaled up to a point where you get a powerful stream of electrons and voila you have almost free and unlimited power

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
but it is alleged that nasa and a british firm invited him and he travelled there to show them how its done. thereafter everything was blacked out and podkletnov ridiculed
a reply to: ErosA433

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Perhaps the military does have some break through in gravity research. Boeing, McDonnel Douglas, Lockheed all have had studies into the phenomena. Their conclusions are similar and they conclude gravity is much different than we think it is and that it may actually be controllable. Gravity is not a fundamental force like EM, Strong & Weak according to their findings.

If there was a break through in inertia, mass or gravity it would be a closely held secret, expensive and likely in limited production. And the craziest part the break through might not even have happened while studying gravity but attempting to do something much more mundane although ambitious.

But what do I know. It's not like they would fly something like that over a population for civilians to see.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

But what do I know. It's not like they would fly something like that over a population for civilians to see.

Sure they would, just so they could screw with the folks that take in all the reports about UFO's. There is probably a team of folks still grinning ear to ear every time they hear about the Phoenix Lights incident in 1997.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
or their testing something and make repetitive flights over the same airspace several days in a row knowing that most people wouldn't notice.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The force necessary to escape orbit using gravity is calculable and would exceed the force of gravity keeping us from escaping this planet. The idea being one needs to apply anti-gravity to the extent we would apply with Chemical means with the same force. Essentially that would mean in essence applying a gravitational felid that would repel the object in question of the Earth at 25,020 mph.

Astronauts experience 1g at liftoff and the accelerate to 4gs before they leave the atmosphere.

But there is an alternative in consideration to Negative Sound, in perhaps the Trillion+ decibels. as an alternative to chemical propulsion in order to leave Earth gravity.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Anti gravity was outlawed by the Atomic Energy Commission.

The Wright Brothers of antigravity would need a reactor in order to find the sweet spot combination.

Other lost side benefits, we would have home nuke generators, and awesome protective suits. Possibly exoskeletons. And a thriving consumer robot industry.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hey BASS is this what you mean when you said "investigating something completely different"? (the whole post not just the part I quoted to get to the right post! It is the patents quoted below)

originally posted by: yuppa
OP...your attention please.

L ockheed claims it has fusion reactor

ATS: A question about fusion

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

nope got nothing to do with fusion.

and I probably shouldnt say what it did have something to do with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join