It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had this very weird reaction to another human a while back....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Long ago, I looked across a crowded yard to see someone I had never seen before, never known anyone in my life of similar features or bearing, and had no reason to feel anything about or towards. Nevertheless, I felt absolutely and unequivocally certain - irrational and inexplicable though it was - that I knew this person, and should care for them very deeply. They were staring at me as well.

We continued to gaze at one another for quite some time. Later in the day, we ran into each other and started talking. That person became the closest friend I ever had, and we had a bond unlike any I've known since. We weren't attracted to one another either, but if there is such a thing as platonic love that is as fervent and passionate as the romantic variety, we unquestionably felt it for each other.

We finished each other's sentences. We confided things in one another about life, reality, and the human condition that we wouldn't dare tell anyone else in our lives because most people in your life - even if they love you - when it comes down to it, aren't that understanding or accepting of anything too "out there" in terms of your innermost private outlook. The thought you have but never tell anyone because you know they wouldn't understand, we shared without judgment or shame.

Sometimes I would fall asleep, and when I woke, he would be sketching with paper and pencil. The sketches would often be about what I had been dreaming.

In short... this apparently happens sometimes. I'm agnostic. I don't know if there is such a thing as soul mates, much less non-romantic soul mates. I'm skeptical. But I remain at a loss to explain it to this day, and it remains the relationship with the biggest impact on my life now, nearly 20 years later.

Perhaps consider striking up a conversation with her.

Peace.

<< 1  2   >>

join