It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running list of Anti-Muslim Acts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Islamopohobia

Sorry for all the edits I accidentally posted too early. Bare with me as I update.

Here is a list of all the anti-muslim attacks THIS year. The total is currently 28. Quick, someone name all the islamic terrorist attacks that have hit the united states this year. Wait that's easy. The number is 0.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't see that Islamophobia is a growing concern needs to wake up.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

how bout we just get rid of all religion, usually we dont believe in stuff unless we see it with our own eyes, and we'd call it a scam. Athiests have less problems.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Whilst I agree with the premise that "Islamophobia" is a real issue, in that there is in some cases an irrational fear of Islam particularly regarding the mainstream media, I also feel that the legitimate fear that some people feel regarding particularly the unfettered and unchecked immigration from predominantly muslim countries is being sideswiped and clumped in to this easy "Islamophobe" catchphrase.

Nobody is addressing the legitimate fears citizens have in countries that are suffering from this particular issue in any meaningful way, it is being literally brushed under the carpet by using the term "Islamophobe".

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What catchs our attention is two words. Immigration and Terrorism. When these two words aren't repeated anymore.. That's when all phobias will be denounced

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Acknowledging fear is one thing. Letting fear completely dictate your actions is a completely different thing.

Nobody is addressing the legitimate fears citizens have in countries that are suffering from this particular issue in any meaningful way, it is being literally brushed under the carpet by using the term "Islamophobe".

Maybe that's because people are letting their fears dictate their actions instead of just acknowledging the fear. Hence the rise in anti-Muslim actions.

ETA: At NO point in time should we let our fears override the Constitution of the United States, and the First Amendment spells out PRECISELY how we should be treating Muslims.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

how bout we just get rid of all religion, usually we dont believe in stuff unless we see it with our own eyes, and we'd call it a scam. Athiests have less problems.

That's a great idea, however Stalin showed why forcing people to not be religious is just as dumb as forcing religion on people. If we are to get rid of religion, it should be an organic decision that everyone comes to naturally and NOT something that is forced.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The problem is that if one tries to verbalize any fears regarding immigration in its current form one is hit by the "Islamophobe" stick, isn't it. How can there be a reasonable debate if one's argument is reduced to nonsense by the use of insult and shame?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Maybe look at the rhetoric you are using and apply it to other demographics to see if it actually qualifies as hate speech? It is TOTALLY possible to have a discussion about immigration concerns without being bigoted. It's just that the people having it have to be man enough to accept that they shouldn't be blanket labeling groups of people based on the actions of the few then basing that action on their position on immigration.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Islamopohobia

Sorry for all the edits I accidentally posted too early. Bare with me as I update.

Here is a list of all the anti-muslim attacks THIS year. The total is currently 28. Quick, someone name all the islamic terrorist attacks that have hit the united states this year. Wait that's easy. The number is 0.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't see that Islamophobia is a growing concern needs to wake up.

Um lol... Zero you say?
www.cbsnews.com...

Hhmmmm..... How did you forget this, it wasn't even that long ago?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

You should reread the OP VERY carefully. You missed something.

Here is a list of all the anti-muslim attacks THIS year.

If you want to open the debate up to including last year, we can certainly do that, but I'm sure the numbers will be even more lopsided in favor of more anti-muslim actions versus muslim terrorist attacks.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If by rhetoric you mean my personal opinion then I suppose I will leave it up to people to make up their mind.

Hate speech is a simple thing, it goes against logic and is used simply to inflame, I don't do that.

I disagree that there can be an honest debate because I have seen, first hand, how people with legitimate concerns about immigration are called racists, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Maybe look at the rhetoric you are using and apply it to other demographics to see if it actually qualifies as hate speech? It is TOTALLY possible to have a discussion about immigration concerns without being bigoted. It's just that the people having it have to be man enough to accept that they shouldn't be blanket labeling groups of people based on the actions of the few then basing that action on their position on immigration.

You keep saying few.... It isn't a few when it is millions of them worldwide.

That is many of them, not a few.

See here in America, a few issues somewhere between 3 and a couple dozen.

There is a lot more than a few, there are millions of them, that requires worlds like many, a lot, large numbers etc....

No can we lose the hyperbolic rhetoric and address this like adults?

It is not a few, it is in fact many.

link   
If the same rhetoric was used against a certain race or Jewish religious followers. It would be labelled as racist and anti Semitic, yet there has to be a debate about the intent of what islamaphobe is? So a lot of the rhetoric seems to be accepted without question

link   

How does hate crimes equate to terrorism? Oh yeah, it doesn't.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You should reread the OP VERY carefully. You missed something.

Here is a list of all the anti-muslim attacks THIS year.

If you want to open the debate up to including last year, we can certainly do that, but I'm sure the numbers will be even more lopsided in favor of more anti-muslim actions versus muslim terrorist attacks.

Oh I get it, you want to dismiss all the crap they did last year or just a couple months ago because it doesn't fit into your imaginary world view your try to push.

OK gotcha

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Millions IS a few is relative when there are billions of Muslims. It's called perspective.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The U.S used to be so welcoming of immigrants from all areas of the world. That was before they decided that they would take on every social system that wasn't capitalism.

The day the World changed? The day the U.S joined WWI. It just happens it was around 4 years after the Federal Reserve came to be.

All of a sudden the banking system started dictating, just like they did in Europe.

At least you had the first Nukes.
edit on 4/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

If America had 300 million extremists(not nessasirly acting on their extremist beliefs,at least overtly) you could be "Americanphobic", and rightfully so. The numbers however do not matter to you, krazy you have world view that set in stone, apart of that world view says people are unfairly bigoted towards a lesser more unfortunate group, this narrative is important to you, and gives you meaning and a reason to fight. While it's not entirely wrong as anyone with any brain would achnowelged bigotry exists and is problematic. I won't argue with you any more about this, the direction the argument goes is fruitless, so you see certain individuals I am not naming who,post anti Islamic threads constantly and then you see other individuals who post islamiphobia threads. it just becomes a soap box nothing gets solved no one changes there view,in this case it's much more complex and while some people may meet a Muslim and just hate that Muslim for no other reason than his beliefs( which is bigotry) I perfer to look at a wider scale, I judge individuals on their merits, but when talking about the Islamic problem we must admit their is a problem and a large one and further that we are at war with Islamic fundlementalism.

link   

Running list of Anti-Muslim Acts

Is that the same as me eating bacon or my wife running around in a bikini. If so didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelers.

link   
Go to the article and read the incidents.

There are only a couple of attacks.

The rest of the incidents may be bigoted but are not attacks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join