It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running list of Anti-Muslim Acts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I could be wrong but I think the op is trying to point out the hysterical backlash is also real and the chest thumping of far right islmaphobes won't help the situation.

What will help is to survey the problems and support moderate viewpoints. Have intelligent discussions rather than have everything come out of fear.

For instance Syria is a fairly moderate Islamic country at least prior to the war. They were reforming Islam to be a bit more modern. There was a long way to go but at least it was illegal to marry a girl under 17.

So many of these refugee problems come from other countries.

And yes to be fair the far left thinks everything is just fine we just need to accept other cultures etc. Just as dangerous.

What needs to happen are real discussions from people who have some anthropological and cultural knowledge of the situation rather than thinking its all one simple problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
Its only the beginning of February. How many girls got attacked by Muslim men just over a month ago ? and then the girls were told it was there fault because they were wearing perfume and skirts! Are You PC enough to agree with that ?........Yes I know that wasn't here in the US, doesn't matter. There are more important things going on in your life than to worry about the feelings of muslims. (or any other religious org)

Uh yeah it does matter. It's part of the discussion. What do we do different with our immigration policy. Do we prosecute Muslims for breaking the law and try and assimilate them better.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It is very easy to take sides in this so called debate, but taking sides is dishonest because what one does when one takes sides is discard the arguments and concerns of the other side.

The OP is guilty of being dishonest in this debate. He or she has simply tried to paint one side black and the other side white, and this is dishonest.

I would have expected more from a person who is trying to promote the premise of rationality on these boards, but that is not the case here.

This is not a thread designed to promote discussion, it is a hit job on anybody who has an opinion other than that which the OP wishes to promote.

The OP talks of rhetoric and yet the whole premise of the thread is rhetorical, it inspires no debate because the parameters of the debate are so exclusive as to preclude any debate.

Oh well.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Far right and far left is actually how media has rendered the issues. It is very much international agenda to render everything between these two and like nothing is between them.
Everyone who is against violence, rape etc which are done by muslims are instantly racist. This is sad and even governments and media knows that what they render is not really what World is today. Media is full of lies these days.

For example President of Finland was very open minded about refugees coming to Finland last Christmas when he had his speech for finnish people. Pretty much agreed with media about the crisis
Two days ago he has a different tone when he opened the parliament.. i hope text translation for english works in that video

What is really interesting is that other countries of EU has not posted anything about this speech, because it questionized.. are the laws of EU serving EU countries as they should.
edit on 4-2-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Yeah. Sam Harris has been labelled an islamaphobe as well.

I understand. It's a good point.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Its only the beginning of February. How many girls got attacked by Muslim men just over a month ago ? and then the girls were told it was there fault because they were wearing perfume and skirts! Are You PC enough to agree with that ?........Yes I know that wasn't here in the US, doesn't matter. There are more important things going on in your life than to worry about the feelings of muslims. (or any other religious org)

Uh yeah it does matter. It's part of the discussion. What do we do different with our immigration policy. Do we prosecute Muslims for breaking the law and try and assimilate them better.

If they can't come to the west, and join our societies while acting like humans with brains, they can rot and die where they are.

Name any other group of immigrants that got pandered to in such a way, just one.

It is not the Wests fault these people choose to live like animals in the middle east.

It is not our obligation to tolerate their idiocy or train them how to not act like cave men.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You know..........I really have to wonder sometimes. I checked the link you provided and the 28 incidents of anti-Muslim "acts" consisted of things like Megyn Kelly asking if the police should be called in when someone spots a Muslim? And anti-Muslim Face Book posts? Ben Carson saying that Islam has an apocalyptic vision? A legislature considering banning the implementation (imposition) of Sharia law? People saying things and considering things aren't "acts"; in many cases these might be categorized as expressions of free speech. Yea, voting down approval for the building of a Mosque is an act; its called denial of zoning variance. So what, build the Mosque somewhere else. I think I counted maybe two actual physical assaults......yea, those are acts.

So.....first of all, most aren't actual acts or acting out physically in form of violence and second.........I wonder how the families of the victims of San Bernadino would feel about this? How many died there that day? You put that on the scale and it sort of tips things doesn't it? To my eye, this just doesn't add up.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I read all that, most of it is speech that is less than what is directed at your average Christian daily. Freedom of speech exists in this country, being Muslim does not mean others cannot criticize your beliefs and call them into account.

Second, we are at war, in the middle of a war with people who commit terror attacks on our soil. Gee, I guess we should just be PC for everyone and just let them kill us off. Will that make you happy?

Muslims are 5000 times more likely to commit a terrorist attack than any other group. Let me repeat that, 5000 times more likely.

I WILL criticize Islam and anyone who cannot handle either a joke or the truth, needs to grow up. My religion is criticized daily and it actually does not bother me in the least, I learned that freedom of speech is an important right for everyone. If we do see something suspicious it does not make us racist to report strange or suspicious behavior. The neighbors of the San Bernadino shooters felt like something was wrong, they were very suspicious of the activity going on there but did not call the police because they were afraid of being called racist or Islamophobic, MANY people died as a result of something that was noticed, and not reported. Lives were lost, due to ignorant people calling racist at every turn.

If they want to put me in jail for speaking the truth, then they can jail me, until then, no one can silence me. It is wrong to hurt anyone for no reason, but you cannot stop me from exercising my right to freedom of speech. And I will not allow Sharia law to be used in this country, if they want to live here then they live under our laws, same as the rest of us. They can assimilate and integrate or they can leave.

edit on 4-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: luthier

If they can't come to the west, and join our societies while acting like humans with brains, they can rot and die where they are.

Name any other group of immigrants that got pandered to in such a way, just one.

It is not the Wests fault these people choose to live like animals in the middle east.

It is not our obligation to tolerate their idiocy or train them how to not act like cave men.

Why were you ranting to me. Does your response really makes sense?

My point is what are we doing differently than Europe? How can that information help say Europe. Do we do better assimilating or vetting etc. We certainly don't allow people to marry 9 year olds.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: Mistake

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Sargeras

I've helped sponsor a family of Syrian Muslims in moving to my own town, who are victims of the war going on in their country, and I'm bloody proud of it. We will no longer be the west if we allow the innocents to die at the hands of madmen and religious barbarians.

Your humanity is worthy of applause, absolutely.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Here is a list of all the anti-muslim attacks THIS year. The total is currently 28. Quick, someone name all the islamic terrorist attacks that have hit the united states this year. Wait that's easy. The number is 0. Seriously, anyone who doesn't see that Islamophobia is a growing concern needs to wake up.

i don't think I have seen you make a single post lately that is not based on some skewed perspective or statistic, ignorance, misinterpretation or a point taken out of context.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It wasn't a mistake. We all have to follow what we believe. It is commendable of you.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It wasn't a mistake. We all have to follow what we believe. It is commendable of you.

I agree, he is a very commendable fellow on these boards daily.

I rarely disagree with his perspective, and if I do, it is easy to still understand the merits of what he says.

I am glad he has done such a selfless thing to help others. It gives me hope for the future.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If Islamophobia is real maybe we should talk about why people are afraid of it. To be clear I don't hate Muslims, they're just people. But I do fear and possibly hate those who use Islam as a tool for domination, intimidation and violence against others. There's an whole army of 'em in fact - estimates range from 40,000 to 200,000 and that's just ISIS. You have similar groups who are less statist but no less violent like Boko Haram, Al Shabaab, Al Qaeda - there's dozens - nothing to be afraid of there, right? So we have hundreds of thousands of Muslims organized to terrorize others and there are millions who don't do anything violent but who fully support them. Saudi Arabia has been doing it for almost 50 years, pumping money to terrorist organizations and building mosques around the world to spread radical Islam - the part of Islam that "Islamophobes" fear.

So here's the tricky part: we have millions of Muslims immigrating especially to Europe and the men who belong to the afore-mentioned terror groups (and their supporters) who blend in with the rest of the Muslims and move freely about. It would be nice if they all wore uniforms but their cowardly approach is to hide behind a smile and act as if they no danger to anyone much like your common street criminals.

How about we talk about all the Muslims who hate freedom, especially for women? Letting them drive cars and even going to school, tsk tsk. Then there's that little issue with homosexuals who are unintentionally helping radical Islamists get over their fear of heights. They also hate art, cartoons, music and all religions other than their own. Often they reject the food offered in refugee camps as well. They don't like our weather, people or culture either.

Other than living off welfare I fail to see what most of them are doing in any Western countries. It would seem to me other Arabic countries would be far more homelike, even speaking the same language and they don't have to travel thousands of kilometers to get to them.
Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt - all close by but apparently not what these people are looking for. That in itself is enough to make one very suspicious of why they are coming to Europe in such great numbers.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
ISIS attacks low, due you the tax payer, paying billions of dollars for homeland security.

The US is still remote geographically for ISIS.

www.youtube.com...

But wait until they conquer supine males of Europe, and then you will be in center of ISIS crosswire.

Haha.
edit on 4-2-2016 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Other than living off welfare I fail to see what most of them are doing in any Western countries. It would seem to me other Arabic countries would be far more homelike, even speaking the same language and they don't have to travel thousands of kilometers to get to them.
Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt - all close by but apparently not what these people are looking for. That in itself is enough to make one very suspicious of why they are coming to Europe in such great numbers.

Benefits. Its the only logical explanation.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So long as a non-Muslim cannot tell a terrorist from a peaceful person, there is nothing any of us can do. So long as Muslims are happy in largest part to protect their own, even when their own are extremists, then there is nothing we can do.

Islam is itself a political religion, it covers every aspect from self to nation, it rules. They cannot separate politics from religion, in largest part, even peaceful Muslims.

Literally, with this there is not one thing anyone can do. You can protect yourself, or wait for someone to kill you. You can allow government intrution, which, in all honesty within the known extremist mosques they are already trying to watch them, its why so many terror attacks are found out prior to any attack, but in the end, it will be this way until it ends one way or the other.

Muslims though, are the ones to end it - and in that, they will have to choose between war and peace, and they will have to do it as a whole, not only a part. It is to them to fight extremism in their midst and decide to end it, or it is to the extremists to bring the war to bear as a whole. But it is whole, all or none.

Partial anything puts all of us in the most danger. Unable to know who the extremists are, puts us in the most danger. It is to the Muslims either way, but if peace, it has to be wholly peace, and if war, it has to be wholly war.

Only they can decide which it will be, and then they must act upon it.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Jordan, Turkey, and Lebanon have taken about 6 million refugees. They are the moderate nations and maxed out.

Some of the other nations don't want moderates and a culture where woman have the voice they do in Syria.
edit on 4-2-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr treg
ISIS attacks low, due you the tax payer, paying billions of dollars for homeland security.

The US is still remote geographically for ISIS.

www.youtube.com...

But wait until they conquer supine males of Europe, and then you will be in center of ISIS crosswire.

Haha.

It seems you would be happy if your prophecy came true. I don't really get that, at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join