It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Jury Indicts 16 In Connection With Oregon Occupation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They brought guns and never fired a shot and it wasn't a conflict, it was a protest

A protest where they broke a slew of laws.

But you keep believing they're evil criminals, twisting their story and be part of the problem to the corrupt unjust world we live in, instead of attempting to be a solution

I'm not twisting anything. It is a fact that they broke a slew of laws with their actions. Jail or death was always the only inevitable outcome for these people.

I guess you enjoy living the life of a submissive though so it's ideal for you

Keep me out of this. Thank you very much.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Just a note; they were occupies (ARMED) that is; no argument there.

They made statements that conflict with 'peaceful protesters'

There were/are still other options available to make their case and point.

They clearly made very bad choices, resulting in the death of their fearless leader. Sadly, he would still be breathing today , but ,,,shameful, these ranchers..

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Maybe they killed Finicum because he was a pain in the ass before and didn't want him to pull something like this again. ...perhaps just a grudge killing.
I still think from the footage that he only reached for his left side after he was shot.
His hands were up and he was moving away from the truck to protect the others that were with him , then you see the agent from his left make a quick movement and quickly turn around.
Which is when Finicum reached for his side.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I tend to look at this whole thing the same way you do.

I would like more info and an investigation into the shooting of Finicum though. I feel like that would go a long way into dispelling all the rumors and conspiracy theories going around about this.

Even if it is looked at as a good shoot, there should be an investigation and names of officers released in my opinion. Would that be counter to SOP?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
OK folks, the judge isn't refusing to hand down a verdict, he's just denying bail, which is perfectly acceptable. They are all flight risks.

The only thing happening is a Grand Jury handed down indictments. All that means is there is enough evidence to support the charges and go to trial. They all get a trial.

As for the holdouts, please for the love of G*d, gas those idiots out and arrest them today.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

To be blunt, I don't think any level of investigation is going to be enough to dispel any theories or rumors. People that are on the fence may look at an investigation objectively and decide, but those who are wired to one extreme or the other won't.

As for releasing info on the shooting itself: in my experience, Feds very rarely release their agent involved shooting information. If it was all staties, that might be different. But I would expect any Feds involved, regardless of agency, to be kept as hush-hush as they can keep it.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Update from Flash Alert, a message from Oregon State Sheriff's Association:

Oregon State Sheriffs' Assoc. - 02/04/16 9:10 AM
Sheriffs in all 36 Oregon counties have taken an oath to support the Constitution of the United States, the Constitution of Oregon, and the laws thereof. Our oath is our pledge to you, to be conservators of the peace for our citizens, while being respectful of the rights afforded to all of us under the Constitution.

What a great state and nation we live in that allows everyone to express their opinion, hold a sign in protest, lobby for change and live free without fear of retaliation from the government. Our founding fathers created a system of government consisting of three branches: legislative, judicial and executive.

Sheriffs and Sheriff's Offices are part of the executive branch, charged with enforcement of laws as directed by the legislative branch and interpreted by the judicial branch. Under our system of government, the judicial branch is given the authority to interpret the Constitutionality of our laws. We are a nation of laws, and the executive branch cannot override the laws passed by the legislative branch, nor can we ignore the clear guidance of the judicial branch. There is a process for changing the laws of our great nation and for amending our Constitution, and that process does not involve the armed takeover of government facilities and disruption of an entire community. We fully support the expression of political opinions, and advocating for change within the legal system -- that is what sets our country apart from developing countries where the government is changed by an armed takeover.

Recently, men and women have broken the law and encouraged others to take up arms against our local and federal governments. These individuals have used firearms and their interpretation of the Constitution to justify their criminal behavior. These militia men and women have broken into publicly owned buildings, disrespected Native American heritage and intimidated and harassed local residents and officials.

These men and women are asking for change, and we support their right to challenge our government to make change. However, we do not agree with or support any citizen or elected official who would advocate for change in a manner that includes illegal action, threats of violence, or violence against any citizen of the United States.

Flash Alert

top topics

<< 1   >>

join