It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Slams Cruz For Blaming Them For a his Shenanigans!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You expect reporters from these tabloid news outlets to be responsible?

I would think they’ll be as responsible as the politicians they cover

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Prior to the Iowa caucus there was speculation on who might drop out if they didn't do well in Iowa. There always is, every primary the same speculations. Ben Carson went on national television saying that no matter what happened in Iowa he was not dropping out of the race but would continue on in New Hampshire.

Now, why everyone did not seem to know this is anyone's guess, but I did as I watched the interview. So, CNN stating that after Iowa Carson was going home for a few days rest prior to continuing on, was not and is not a confusing issue for anyone who is paying attention to this race and you better believe Cruz reps are doing just that.

So, anything that Cruz reps did, was disingenuous and fraudulent by trying to convince people that Carson had changed his mind and was dropping out after all. It is unethical behavior at its finest, and nothing to desire to support. On top of that, we are not seeing any sort of apologetic behavior, no shock or outrage from Cruz concerning the ethics of his people, no condemnation from him at all. Just finger pointing and oh, just a mistake.

Seriously? I cannot approve, nor do I find any excuse for it.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Time to go back and hang out with Frankenberry...I see a fourth place entry for him in NH. Carson is very straight up so the fact he hit him, I know he wanted the votes, but the most honest man in the race right now, is even worse. Hit someone you hate, like Trump, but soft spoken Carson? I saw his interview and it was the most I have ever seen him with emotion. He was pissed.

Cruz got the curse. GOP is rallying behind Rubio and Trump is going to need a good VP choice soon to shake it up.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

A lot of candidates also say they are in it for the long haul and then drop out, too. So that's no excuse.

A reporter's job is supposed to be to report things accurately. If it weren't, Brian Williams would not have been such a scandal and subsequent meme.

I am not excusing the Cruz campaign, but they can hardly be faulted for picking up a news story that was terribly unclear to begin with on a night when other candidates were dropping and going with what they had. What they did with it after that is on them, but how the information was presented is solely on CNN who now wants to dodge any responsibility.

edit on 4-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Not within an hour or two of announcing they wont be. Usually takes more time there, he said it before the caucus in the hours leading up to the caucus. Can't remember what time exactly, but it was after 4 pm when I saw the interview. Sometimes between 4 and 6 I think.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It really was sad. Could not have chosen a nicer person to try and hang out to dry.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If a candidate is counting on a big turnout and needs it, then yes, it can happen that quickly. They can't project a lack of confidence going in, so they assure you they are in it for the long haul, but their internals know that if they don't get a big turnout, their donors won't materialize and they will be done. So a few hours later ... it's all over.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yet NEVER prior to going in. Never omg nevermind, I changed my mind please don't vote for me.

Seriously, try and excuse it all you want, I wont. Carson deserves better than that, voters deserve better than that. Carson is a good Christian man, no, he wont win, but him and his voters deserve better. They at least deserve their voice. Sorry you don't think so.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Funny part is it almost backfired...I think Rubio picked up some of those votes not just the Cruz camp. Suddenly you had those who did not want Trump choosing the more conservative. Shows where the votes are....

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Did I say that?

No I don't think so.

I am only saying that CNN deserves as much of the blame as anyone for not getting the story right to begin with.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yes, blame others. Always a good choice. And, while your at it, cut the throat of your Christian brother to get ahead.

Sorry. Not the same kind of people I appreciate. Not the same kind of person I am. Not someone who represents me. He can represent you all you like. Not me.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As much as a Circus our political process has become I say;

Ladder Grudge Match for presidency.

Works exactly like the WWE "Full Metal Mayhem".

brought to you by Merica; its over 9000(tm)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Had the Cruz campaign made it up out of whole cloth ... then yes, they deserve all the blame, but they didn't. They saw a report that looked like CNN was reporting Carson was dropping. CNN made the report and put it out. It was the reporter's job to clarify what Carson was saying because, as we all know, he has a habit of saying things that need to be clarified.

I am not shunting the blame from anyone.

The reporter did a poor job which they have been known to do, and the Cruz campaign ran with something trying to gain advantage. Between the two, you have this mess. Cruz apologized which is what should be done. He took responsibility which is what should be done. I have yet to see CNN acknowledge their part in helping create this. Instead, they'd rather let Cruz take all the blame as if he created all the mess.

edit on 4-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: lovebeck

I'm not voting for him. Cruz was Trump to me before Trump entered the race.

Cruz was Trump to me even after Trump entered the race.

Trump may say a lot of bigoted non-PC stuff, but he isn't batsh*t insane like Cruz.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

True. To be honest, they are both pretty far up there in my dislike categories. I'd say that Trump is currently my most disliked, but Ted certainly isn't very far behind him.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Another way to see it is like this:

You have three little boys out playing. Two of them are running and the third is standing off the side. This little boy sticks his leg out and trips the first boy who falls into the way of the second who ends up kicking him.

The little boy who kicked the one who fell apologizes for hurting him, and the boy who feel is really angry at him and they proceed to fight about it and who's fault it was.

Everyone ignores the first little boy who tripped him to begin with, and that little boy is perfectly happy to avoid trouble and might even point fingers at the boy who kicked the boy who fell and say, "I saw you kick him!" in order to stay out of trouble.

It avoids the very real issue that the one boy would not have kicked the other if the first boy hadn't have tripped him to begin with.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I like that you used an analogy of little boys when discussing Cruz, good comparison.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like that you used an analogy of little boys when discussing Cruz, good comparison.

It works when discussing any of our politicians, even Bernie who lives in his own perpetual fantasy.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Do you honestly believe that no one in the Cruz campaign saw the Carson interview? Honestly? Do you think they are ignorant people who don't pay attention? That they only saw the CNN blurb but not the Carson interview?

After those mailers they sent out, I am inclined to believe honesty is a bit out of their grasp and that they actually saw the interview and have spent time after the fact trying to find any excuse possible to excuse another dishonest move, because winning is all they care about. And they chose the most innocent person of all.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Agreed. I would not be able to take four years of his voice and smackable face.

he has the face of grandpa munster when grandpa was in his 30's. and he also looks like he is holding back a fart most of the time

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join