It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Gave Us Free-will, Why do Religions try to take it away?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is a problem using personalized human judgment as a barometer of right and wrong, good and evil.

Pesticide is evil if your a bug. Guns are evil if your a deer.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Just do your own thing and stay the hell away from churches, they charge you for salvation, money, time, your soul.
Just be a good person. God doesn't send good people to hell. Good and evil are human. God is only good. That means Yahweh is not God, and The Most High is Jesus father not Yahweh.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Not really. You are anthropomorphizing. Bambi and the Great Prince do not stand about in the woods talking about Man.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Religion is a euphemism for mind control. Planting thoughts, inducing guilt, profiting off people's fears. It's those forced smiles that bug you the most.
When you first go, your showered with love but after baptism the honeymoon is over.
Churches and religions are man made institutions, and not necessary to know God.
Neither is having to choose the right religion. God created everything he is everywhere from math to mountain climbing to Kabbalah.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Still, the problem remains. Personal opinion of what is "good" for one person or for mankind is not a barometer of what is good for a bigger picture, ie flora and fauna.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Allah IS the Christian God, didn't you know they believe in Jesus?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
You know nothing about Islam. It's not one monolithic religion, they have different traditions from country to country and they are NOT apostates and most are very tolerant.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

No, they don't. They believe in a prophet called Isa whom they tell us is the same person. However, he cannot be because they deny the divinity of Christ. For a Christian, our whole reason for faith and belief is based on the notion of Christ as God the son, not Isa the prophet.

They are, in fact, two different concepts.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Still, the problem remains. Personal opinion of what is "good" for one person or for mankind is not a barometer of what is good for a bigger picture, ie flora and fauna.

In fact, you are still wrong then. The gun can very well be good for the deer. In many places, the deer are overpopulated and destroying the saplings they browse on meaning the forests they live in and around are exclusively old growth because saplings cannot survive the constant overbrowsing.

In this case, culling the overpopulation is good for not just the deer herd but also the flora and fauna of the area.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The gun can very well be good for the deer.

Ergo.....the sliding scale of good and evil based on perspective and opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You were the one who brought in ecology.

good for a bigger picture, ie flora and fauna.

You want to talk about the Gaia hypothesis, then too many deer is a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Isa is Jesus. You don't know much.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
They also call him puba ( I spelled it wrong but sound it out)
edit on 2-2-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
They believe in the virgin birth, by Mary, I have a Koran in English and have studied Islam. Everone knows issa is just the Arabic word for Jesus. I don't know why you're speaking authoritatively on something your wrong about. It's an Abrahamic faith.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I think you're losing track of the conversation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is rape always evil? No.

What is good and evil according to the perspective of humanity is NO barometer of any kind of objective good or evil.

edit on 2-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
I don't know why you're speaking authoritatively on something your wrong about. It's an Abrahamic faith.

Incorrect...

The concept of “Abrahamic faiths” is a complete fallacy...

‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a distinctly Islamic term that subverts historic Judaism and Christianity, reframes them within an Islamic worldview, asserts Islamic superiority, and thus is the very opposite of its alleged intended usage. ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a loaded term that reinforces the Islamic claim that “Christianity and Judaism are regarded as distorted derivatives of Islam…” and serves the purpose of Islamic da’wa.

The term ‘Abrahamic faiths’ and its cognates is misleading. Reinforcing the term’s misleading nature, Aaron Hughes, in the conclusion of his book-length evaluation of the term Abrahamic Religions, states that it is more an impediment than an expedient to understanding. I trust that I have made the case that the term is, for all intents and purposes, meaningless.”105 Whilst in broad agreement with Hughes, the term ‘Abrahamic Faiths’ is worse than meaningless, because it is literally full of meaning. The term comes from the Qur’an, is a loaded term that serves the agenda of Islamic da’wa while undermining the authenticity of Judaism and Christianity. Therefore, I conclude that ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a term that should be abandoned by scholars except in its original qur’anic signification.

The Myth of the Abrahamic Faiths (PDF)

The concept of “Abrahamic faiths” is a fallacy. Its contemporary influence was, tragically, born out of a century of Christian suffering in the Middle East and foisted upon the unsuspecting West. It is reasonable to ask whether this is a theological Trojan horse designed to promote an Islamic worldview of relations between faiths.

The Abrahamic Fallacy (PDF)

This false idea of there being three Abrahamic faiths is the false belief behind the latest apostasy rising in some churches that is called “Chrislam.” Chrislam is nothing more than preaching a false Christ to kowtow to Islam and shows that the people peddling this false religion want to be friends with the world system. So we see in Islam a whole plethora of things that Abraham would never do. Furthermore, the Quran makes many factual errors about Abraham such as the claim that Abraham worshiped at Mecca [Sura 14:37], but he actually worshiped in Hebron [Genesis 13:18].

Abraham did not believe in salvation by works. Abraham rejoiced to see the day of the Lord Jesus Christ, and he saw it and was glad [John 8:56], but Muslims deny Jesus Christ is the Lord and deny that God has a son. Abraham, as Jesus said, was not into killing people who spoke the truth. Muslims who establish sharia believe in killing those who speak the truth of the gospel. Since Muslims do not display the same faith as Abraham, Islam is not an Abrahamic faith.

They claim the god they worship, Allah, is the same as Jehovah. But just like Jesus told the Jews, “If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham,” [John 8:39-40]. Abraham, as I said before, had faith in God and faith in God’s Son, the Lord Jesus. That is the work that made him righteous before God.

The myth of “three Abrahamic faiths”

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
People seem to like quoting the fish analogy. However, if nobody EVER did anything bad or evil, they would never harm anything, including fish......People are perfectly capable of surviving on natural nutrients like plants, so yes please stop with the fish!

There is a difference between "better" and "good" as well. Perhaps the man who decided not to go to work and feed his family had good reasons for doing so, perhaps to attend a funeral etc etc. My point is that good cannot exist with evil, just as a negative connat excist without a positive. Matter, antimatter, electron, positron, are good examples of why the Christian religion feels th need to have an opposite of heaven, even though it defies logic and serves only to scare and thus control people.

Someone mentioned that most religions don't try to control people in any way, but other than Buddhism I have no idea what they are, please provide examples. Also, Buddhism is more of an ideology than a religion isn't it? Mind you, Scientology is an ideology too and that's messed up.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Free will is an illusion. How many of you chose to be born in America, where Christianity is the dominant religion? Did you choose your parents and genetic make up?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

If God Gave Us Free-will, Why do Religions try to take it away? - Because they were the first mind controllers out of the blocks.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I suppose it's like saying how can there be freedom if we have laws? There's consequences to all actions, most of those consequences are based around limiting the ability of evil actions to go unchecked and be exacerbated and also to prevent harm to innocents from spinning wildly out of control.

I can choose to go on a murderous rampage, that's free will. I'll be punished if I do but understanding the consequences before doing it doesn't negate my ability to make the choice.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join