It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British ISIS Mum Tareena Shakil Jailed for 6 years is this the right thing to do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Its doubtful the vile bitch and other Jihadis will be rehabilitated and made safe. At the very least they should be locked up in a separate prison on some remote scotish island for life, and not the 14 years “life” but life life.

Nah, you're alright, we've already got the nukes, Jihadis should be locked up South of the Border somewhere, maybe even the Isle of Wight...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
I would guess that their family home is a Sharia Law Cult. The mother and the father are more guilty than their daughter.

You can prove your theory of course?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I've no objection to people going off and fighting for whatever cause they believe in.

However - they need to NEVER be allowed back into the 'home' country if the cause they choose to fight for is against the interests of that 'home' country.

It has to be made crystal clear that anyone trying to return 'home' having joined or fought for the 'other' side will be treated and tried as a traitor, and will pay the full penalty for committing treason.

Soft sentences after allowing traitors back into the country send entirely the wrong message. Far better to simply close the door to those who have renounced allegiance to their country.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It's not a theory, I'm clearly speculating. " I would guess" .
40% of Muslims want sharia law in the UK, so I would guess again that those more likely to join Isis would come from these homes. it would be an even more far reaching problem if they weren't.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Lets face it this toxic female will only serve half her sentence and when she comes out she will be given a free council home all kitted out, benefits all set up, the kid returned and every bit of social help lavished at her horned hooves.

Personally I would prefer it if she should be deported back to where she served ISIS and hopefully the locals will be back in their homes in 3 years time and able to 'accommodate' her for the service she did them when she was there.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

Where are you getting the forty percent figure from?

If it was any one of the newspapers, then I would question its accuracy.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The figure is an average of several surveys and polls, Do you see the demographic differently? What percentage if any would you say?

I stand by my feelings that most of those young girls who joined Isis come from a Sharia Law family... Call it an hunch or anything you like... Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Did this woman have no clue she was joining?Is she guilty of aiding the the enemy?Why was she even allowed back into UK?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Parachute drop straight back into ISISland. 'Chute fails? Damn...'Breaks a leg on landing? Dagnammit...Survives? Great, go live with the monsters you supported.

It could be done on a large scale as well, some of those military transport planes are massive.

I have absolutely no desire to try to understand the motivations of a radicalised anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
a reply to: djz3ro

It's not a theory, I'm clearly speculating. " I would guess" .
40% of Muslims want sharia law in the UK, so I would guess again that those more likely to join Isis would come from these homes. it would be an even more far reaching problem if they weren't.

Im sorry, where are you getting this figure from? Because i know a LOT of muslims in London and i can assure you none of them want sharia law.

No i'm not muslim.
edit on 2-2-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

The figure is an average of several surveys and polls.

You may disagree with the percentage which does seem very large but you've got to remember that there are different demographics all over the country.

Yes most Muslims don't want Sharia Law but more Muslim Immigrants are coming and they're being swallowed up by Sharia Law communities.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

The question "Do you want sharia law?" in itself is too binary to make it a meaningful survey.

It doesn't explain to what extent they would like it implemented. For example a Muslim guy wanting to get divorced under islamic law that completely agrees with every other law in their host country would still be forced to answer yes.

Would you like one or more elements of sharia to be available, would you like a parallel system within your community to administer islamic affairs, would you like to replace the entire system? Vast differences in opinion that would all be bottlenecked into one answer.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

When pew research did their study on the same question asking Russian Muslims, (they apparently did not ask UK Muslims this) if they wanted Sharia law in Russia 42% said yes, when asked specifically if they thought Sharia should be imposed on all Russians - even non-Muslim Russians - that number dropped to 22 percent.

That is, while not all, still a very high number who wish to impose sharia on everyone, and you can figure that this is going to be similar in any western nation.

Link

edit on 3-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

That's interesting, and a bit disconcerting.
Have found the full study here:
www.pewforum.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Yeah I have read all the study. And yes, from all that we can tell from all the research done, anywhere from 15 - 25 % of all Muslims in the world hold to an extreme ideology within Islam. And that is a very sizable number. History shows us that the peaceful majority is always irrelevant - In Germany most Germans were peaceful and not Nazi's, but when it came down to it, they did not and could not stop the Nazi's from taking control, the peaceful majority were irrelevant.

And that is what I am looking at, the sheer numbers of extremists is very disconcerting indeed.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

What is your understanding of sharia law, exactly?

If you think its all strictness, opression, jihad and beheadings etc, you are laughably mistaken.

There are family sharia "courts" in the UK that are accepted by our legal system as a cultural means of settling money disputes, divorces and minor legal matters within the muslim community as a means of initial arbitration before civil law actions are taken. Such courts are benign. If you ask a group of muslims about such things, they may be in favour of them, but that does not mean they favour extremism in any way, shape or form.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

You join a gang that murders, rapes, slaughters people without remorse or apology.

6 years is giving this dumb ass a break

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's a fact UK accomodate some radical elements at home on the streets and in prison. They typically strip their passport so they can't travel to fight, but nothing preventing these people from recuiting in the streets of London which is probably alot worst than a defection of a citizen who wants to fight. Look at that Anjem Choudary dude... he should not be allow to recruit for ISIS like he does and word has it that he is actually working for MI5.

The women mentioned in this post should not have been allowed to return to the UK, but I don't think we can just allow people to flight against us. UK should behead the woman to send the message to others ISIS recruits. Why should the UK try to rehabilitate a radical? She may have returned to the UK to carry out terror within the UK. Islam really does not have a place to call home, so at what point do you deem someone a radical, and what do you do about it?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

THAT is something I would hear of .....
Do you have a permanent solution?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

If we have to play the game that this person is "British", as the media is so keen to point out (if I moved to Pakistan I very much doubt I'd be classed as "Pakistani", but never mind), then she is surely guilty of treason and ought to be serving a life sentence; at the very least she should serve the current sentence and then be deported.

So no, this is not the best way of dealing with these situations. She is already radicalised and is a danger to my countrymen.

Welcoming these wretches back "home" like the prodigal son is an insult to everyone who has perished at the hands of these savages.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join