It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We All Know Of Area 51. What About The Other Areas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Where are they? What are they? I've often wondered this over the years. It is called Area 51 after all, not just the "secret high tech aircraft test base" or Area 1. Definitely makes me wonder about Areas 1 through 50. I did a few searches before creating this thread. Got plenty of hits for the few Area numbers I typed in, nothing juicy though. Area 1 seems to be a security firm, as well as fifty million organizations' designated areas of patrol, hiking area, section of the harbor, etc., etc., I think you get the point.

I remember meeting this homeless guy who had a bunch of cats. He claimed to have worked on Area 12, said he was one of the guys who helped build it. He said Area 51 was nothing in comparison to Area 12 and some of the other secret installations we had constructed in this country. Super reliable source, I'm sure, but they do call it Area 51 after all.

I'd like a little help on this one then please, ATS. Anyone have any good references to what and where these other areas might be? It's something I've always been curious about. I'd sure like to know, and I bet there are some other people reading this site who would as well.

I'll throw this thread asking about Area 54 into the pot to get things started.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

That's a question that has been niggling at the back of my mind for years!

I cannot wait to see what gets turned up as part of this conversation.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
blog.dictionary.com...
A linky to how area 51 received its name.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's pretty simple.
Area 51 is infamous because that 'box', 'section', 'area', whatever you want to call it has the multi-billion dollar installation. The runways, the hangars, radars, etc.. etc...
No other 'area' has a massive installation like that.
Yes, there are many other locations different 'areas', but the section that we know as 'Area 51' is the biggest cluster of buildings, structures, renovated area out of all of them by FAR.
You can look on google earth at other areas in the whole vicinity, but they all seem like small outposts.
They have minimal structures, buildings compared to 'Area 51'.

I assume a lot of weapons testing may occur in the more isolated areas.
Very hard for anyone to answer that kind of question though, it's on a 'need to know' basis.

edit on 1-2-2016 by Iamnotadoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say there is A LOT of rubbish posted online about the name(s) of Area 51. As far as I'm aware it is now never used by personnel who actually work at the base.

There is a photo of Kelly Johnson stood in front of a blackboard during the blackbird years with Area 51 clearly written behind him.

From what I understand the area numbers are used to refer to various areas of the Nevada Test Site (NTS) for nuclear testing and other purposes. Here is a map showing locations of nuclear weapons tests within the areas of the NTS www.todayifoundout.com...

Area 19 is an area which is commonly associated with secret bases, and disappearing runways. This was because of an old map that showed a power line proejcting into the area and ending in the middle of no where. I researched this a while back and concluded it was an area for nuclear testing, not secret bases. You can find the thread here.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I remember meeting this homeless guy who had a bunch of cats.

I really don't know how to respond to that.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

In no way am I saying this is true, but I love reading about this stuff.

Dulce

Tons of articles on it if you do a search. All hearsay.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The area numbering system from which Area 51 got its name has nothing to do with map grid coordinates or secret military facilities per se.

The numbered areas in Nevada originated with the establishment of the Atomic Energy Commission's nuclear proving ground in 1950, which came to be knows as the Nevada Test Site (NTS, now renamed the Nevada National Security Site). Various testing, administrative, and buffer areas were given numbers between 1 and 30 in no particularly geographic order. It was not based on any sort of map grid. The areas come in different shapes and sizes.

Several areas were added adjacent to the original NTS boundary including Area 13 (site of the Project 57 safety experiment in April 1957), Area 31 (a buffer zone adjacent to the western edge of Area 25 near Yucca Mountain), and Area 51 (the boundary of which was established in 1955 when the CIA built Watertown Airstrip at Groom Lake, but which was not added to the NTS as a numbered area until 1958). The name "Area 51" was not even assigned until 1959, when a radar signature measurement range was built at Groom Lake under the designation Project 51.

Tonopah Test Range has been listed in official documents as Area 52. The Central Nevada Test Area (CNTA) in Hot Creek Valley was designated Area 58.

Some area numbers have been changed over the years. Area 25 used to be Area 400 and Area 401. To add confusion, Tonopah Test Range is subdivided into areas with some numbers duplicating those at the NTS (Area 2, Area 10, etc.). Also, some people confuse Air Force range numbers (such as Range 61, etc.) for area numbers but there is no correspondence. The geographical placement of the assigned areas has no basis in logic, common sense, chronological order, or geography. It appears to be entirely random.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The NTS dropped Area 51 from most documents, but if you get into Control Point One (CP1), Area 51 is on the map on the wall.

If you poke around the NTS website, most areas are explained. You get to see Area 5, the low level nuclear dump, on the NTS tour.

The TTR is Area 52 or Area 54, depending on the documents you find. Note that is a DOE nomenclature. There are "areas" on the TTR that are USAF designations. I'm pulling this out of memory, but I recall the F-117 portion of the TTR was Area 10 or Area 12 as referred to by the USAF.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

There are tons of places we've discussed here, and you could've Googled a huge list of them around the world.

Autec in the Bahamas for top secret submarine and underwater deep sea testing is just 1. All you had to do was search!
edit on 1-2-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

There are tons of places we've discussed here, and you could've Googled a huge list of them around the world.

Autec in the Bahamas for top secret submarine and underwater deep sea testing is just 1. All you had to do was search!

I did a few searches of Area #, and came up with a jumble of this national park's hiking zone, that county's sherrif dept. patrol zone, stuff like that. I originally started out to make a thread on "Area 12" or something cool like that, but the names are so generic I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to find anything without doing a lot of digging. I did do a little searching, though. It seemed like making a thread asking the community would be a good way to get a nudge in the right direction. I'm sure there are members here who have done a lot more research into the topic than I.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You've met homeless cat man then? He had a bunch of em, and they all seemed content to ride around all over town with him on his shopping cart. It was cute.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Also, thank you to everyone who has responded so far for your input.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What Shadowhawk and Gariac have said is all the explanation you need really. I do remember when there was a big rumour going around about the "new" Area 51 in Utah, I think it was close to Michael airfield and known as Dugway proving grounds or something like that. Nothing really came of that though.

The Area designations are just that, ways to split a massive area into regulated sections.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

I wonder if the Nevada spot is the same as "the farm". My grandfather would call it that. He was an engineer on the sr71. He said most of the super secret government aviation tests are done there.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
a reply to: Shadowhawk

I wonder if the Nevada spot is the same as "the farm". My grandfather would call it that. He was an engineer on the sr71. He said most of the super secret government aviation tests are done there.

I don't suppose he mentioned what kind of tests? Any juicy details???

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

You mean "The Ranch." When the airfield at Groom Lake was first built, Kelly Johnson wanted to name it Paradise Ranch to lure workers to the project. The CIA gave it the official name Watertown, but Lockheed employees still called it The Ranch, even after it was designated Area 51.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

-23.802080, 133.740929

It's not what they say it is. This is most definitely far bigger and more complex/secret than "Areas 51" - If anything, you could call this "The Area".

Constructed after people started finding out about Area 51, they put it in an even more remote and difficult to reach part of the planet, with a few thousand kilometres of nothing all around it.

This is where they "launch" these new anti-gravity "satellites" from every single night, which go around imaging/mapping out the world.

They come down every few hours to hover over a bright green/blue glowing light of some kind while on occasion, you can see some scientists standing near it holding out some instruments.

This place has no water or power lines going into it, the majority is underground and the only way people get in or out is via a plane that fly's there every week directly from California with supplies, including new staff. The staff do not leave this place, they have living facilities there. If you find aerial (old) photos of this place, you will start to wonder... If like me, you uhm... well I won't go into it, but this is more significant than Area 51.

I mention a few strange things that go on in the world and have some information about certain things that may interest people... find my blog on google by searching for my name. Your welcome.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAngryIntellect

Alice Springs is right next to Pine Gap, and has a population of 25,000, and you're telling me they launch satellites there? And no one notices?

Oh and the people who work at Pine Gap fly in to the airport in Alice.

Sounds like you're just here to plug your blog too. Poor form all round

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Warmonger elites in the EU are building safe bunkers where they believe they will be able to hide when they launch nuclear wars. These bunker projects are hidden under fake projects such as the construction of a new railway or new station or whatever new civilan cover-up infrastructure. The maniacs hope to be able to launch nuclear war from those places, while the rest of the people burn under the flames of nuclear fire. The time is limited, heavy protests occupying the work area are needed urgently to stop the construction and guarantee peace in the EU.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join