It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that meat on yout plate ok?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Probably a good idea. I will stick to using emojies.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not a lot of animals prey on humans.

But I have heard of pig farmers being eaten by their own pigs more than once....tragic ending.

I do want to say that when you eat something, you are taking a previously living thing and benefiting from its nutrients, whether it be animal or plant.

When you eat, something has to die!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wait , lets look at the other side of the coin. From the 70s through the 90s there was an awful lot of research done on PLANTS and emotions. Most concluded that plant life had emotions as well. The plants responded to human emotions like love and hate and fear. Grew more fluently with classical music playing.
So , are vegetarians all that much better? Thats why we are omnivorous creatures and our entire biological structure is built upon that.

That is exactly what I was going to bring up. Plants have feelings too. I adore animals and am just thankful I don't have to kill my own food because It would hurt me deeply, but we have to eat.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
A meat eater who tries to say harvesting a plant for food is similar to killing an animal in the factory farm is just wrong. View videos of these 2 events, and say they are similar, and you are into justification.

One is supreme violence. The other is not.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just to contrast the 2 videos, the animal would be breathing rapidly, extremely high blood pressure, possibly uncontrollable urination, possible audible sounds expressing extreme stress as a result of being killed. The plant being pulled from the soil would exhibit none of these symptoms.

Meat eaters, deal with reality. Most of you will have no problem. Some might.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

But I can hear when plants scream!

That's why I eat meat. Poor plants

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Distress and violence to any living thing bothers me and breaks my heart. I can no longer even watch videos on how animals are treated badly. You can boycott companies or write letters to them with your concerns. You can gather people to join in the cause. It can help in the ethical treatment of animals. We did it with cosmetics being tested on animals and many companies paid attention.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wait , lets look at the other side of the coin. From the 70s through the 90s there was an awful lot of research done on PLANTS and emotions. Most concluded that plant life had emotions as well. The plants responded to human emotions like love and hate and fear. Grew more fluently with classical music playing.
So , are vegetarians all that much better? Thats why we are omnivorous creatures and our entire biological structure is built upon that.

They don't have faces, of course.

and flowers! cut their heads off and display them!?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not a lot of animals prey on humans.

But I have heard of pig farmers being eaten by their own pigs more than once....tragic ending.

I do want to say that when you eat something, you are taking a previously living thing and benefiting from its nutrients, whether it be animal or plant.

When you eat, something has to die!

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm a Fruitarian. I believe all fruits & vegetables have thoughts & feelings.

Then I eat them anyways.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The HORROR of it all. We must stop eating period. Most food contains at least something from animals , and all foods contain something from plants.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!
Thank you for that!

Now that I had a chance to read the thread, thank you all for the laugh tonight!

Why the sudden push of veganism on everyone? I will continue to hunt, fish, pick berries so the bears can't have them and then proceed to decapitate my flowers and display them while I consume the life force of all of the above!
edit on 2-2-2016 by woodsmom because: Responded to the rest of the thread

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

So you are just going to take ALL the food?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

i eat the animals so they dont have to suffer in cages

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Every bit of it! And I will enjoy it too!

No food for you!

Haha, you just have to read it with the soup nazi voice!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have pudding if you don't eat your meat?

-Pink Floyd

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join