It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that meat on yout plate ok?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Hi droid!
I rarely eat meat, but live with a drooling carnivore lol. He loves a steak that's "still breathing" and I cry cutting into a fried chicken leg.

Yet we coexist. Different strokes and all that.
We have pets that are coddled/spoiled/loved...and we both hate the way "people" in general treat ANYTHING with a heartbeat.

I hate the whole food-chain thing. Makes me wonder where "we" place on it, and 'who' is out there thinking "we" taste like bacon.

jacy

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Humans are not preferred food for any animal. Most animals will either spit us out (like most sharks), or only prey on us as a last resort.

But there have been all manner of animals that have eaten humans in recent history. I can imagine the megafauna (especially terror birds) would have been quite predatory of humans.

My sister doesn't eat much meat, mostly because if she gets any fat, gristle, or anything other than tender meat, she gags and can't eat anymore. LOL....im not entirely convinced she's my sister.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
...and 'who' is out there thinking "we" taste like bacon.

*raises hand*

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The only way to kill an animal with no pain is to use high explosives.The reason is because the explosion shockwave moves faster than the nerve impulses.

This isn't very practical though,because you will need to dash about with a wheelbarrow to catch the pre-shredded flesh now raining down over a large part of the countryside.

Even as a vegetatiaan,I had to giggle over some of the posts on this page.Thanks,everyone.😃

OP,you can't stop people eating meat.Worry about your own diet and let others eat what they want.It's not really your concern.

Anyway,more consumed beef=less methane contributing to global warming.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...and 'who' is out there thinking "we" taste like bacon.

*raises hand*

I must have said 'bacon' 3 times.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

"Vegetatiaan" is the fault of my spade-like thumbs and my mobile won't let me edit it,so here's my correction:"vegetarian"
Thank you.Please carry on.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I must have said 'bacon' 3 times.

Just once is enough to get me into a thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I helped butcher a hog a couple years ago. It took a .45 to the head and point blank ranged and still kicked, thrashed, and walked around. Damn thing would not die. It took another shot to finally put it down.

On a side note: It had good bacon lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

FACTORY FARMING!!!!

FACTORY FARMING!!!

.... Well who do you think you are? You're nothing but a FREE RANGE HUMAN living in what you think is a free country when actually you're just a dumb free range human! Trapped in a system that requires you to make money, mcuh of which get siphened off to tptb like as if you're laying an egg every week.

IT'S SICKENING. so don't worry about the animials. Worry about YOU. You are the animal trapped on the factory farm!!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
You are the animal trapped on the factory farm!!

But some of us are more equal than others.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

While not really on topic, to possibly help in the future: hogs/pigs have very, very hard heads. I have had a 30-06 bounce off their dome before. You have to hit them right below the ear on the side of the head, or it will be a very uncomfortable scene as you described.

Even then, hunting/slaughter is not a pleasant scene.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Eat more clams and mussels.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I generally patronize two local butchers in this city in addition to the grocery store. I also like to catch and clean my own fish when I can.

Both butchers take animals from local farmers and one of them lists where and what kind the animals are so you know exactly where to go to check on their handling. Right now, I have a big, beautiful 8lb Boston butt in my oven roasting low and slow, intended to provide a weeks' worth of various dinners for my family. I got it at the butcher.

Generally speaking, none of our domestic farm animals have much reason to exist if we all stop using their meat, milk, eggs, etc., without any reason for them, they'd die out as "science" has already determined they are a danger and drag on the environment. Trying to convert people en masse to veganism is basically opening the door for the mass farm animal genocide.

Why do you hate cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys and others so much OP?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

My Dad told stories of working in a slaughterhouse in PA.
He said they would take a stick (memory here!) and sort of electrocute the animal and then slit it's throat real fast.

He said he waded through gallons of blood and the smell was just horrible.

I have no idea what year that was...when he worked there.

It made me not eat meat for a period of time while young...

I soon decided that I couldn't be a vegetarian, I needed MEAT...so, I have seen animals butchered in all manner...

The end result still tastes yummy!

I just try to not think about the process (dwell) while undertaking it!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
You are the animal trapped on the factory farm!!

But some of us are more equal than others.

Nice reference!

But which is better, the book or the film?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

What is this 'book' thing you speak of?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

What is this 'book' thing you speak of?

It's like Internet text, but printed on wood pulp. We call it "paper". Lots of bits of "paper" together so you can read page after page is called a "book".

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

'Sorry, I gotta add my salient observation. Mind your own business. I felt the need to give you that bit of advice because I would bet you that you would be one of the first to complain about other people telling you how to run your life.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Sound complicated. Is it limited to 144 characters?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Sound complicated. Is it limited to 144 characters?

It can be as many characters as you see fit (depending on size of said paper and size of text).

I reckon it would be better to make a book out of meat so when you finished reading a page you could cook it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join