It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruelty: I don't get it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

People like you and I will never get it.

But I do have a solution.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash
a reply to: greencmp

Really I'm talking about the people and animals that cannot respond. The innocents who either are not strong enough or the animals who are helpless to defend against cruelty.

But, you make an interesting point that makes me wonder.

How would I react if I saw someone being cruel and I admit my gut instinct would be to attack. Does that make me a savior or just another loony tune?

Defending self or other under threat is compassionate.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: greencmp

Then again, I am a not violent person but could be provoked into violence for the sake of defending an innocent.

Well, I'm going deeper than I thought. I hope I'm not rambling.

I can be provoked into violence for the same reason.

Here's some rambling of my own -- though beautiful, the natural world is very violent and seemingly indifferent to the plight of that which is of it. Our physical bodies are comprised of the same essence as nature. One's level of consciousness can bring one into conflict with the laws of nature on this planet because of inherent empathy and compassion. Nature has neither empathy or compassion, it just creates and destroys over and over and over.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

But what makes them tick?

There is no English word for this, but the Germans call it 'Schadenfreude'.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Good rant.

I know there are many kind, peaceful people out there and consider myself one, but I'm beginning to think we are out numbered.

We're not outnumbered. They cover this sort of thing in the news more, so it seems wider spread than it is.

The bullies are few in number, they control others through fear, but quickly melt when the tables are turned.

Keep being human.

No we're not outnumbered.

But seats of power are almost always occupied by the cruel.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

All we can do is join organisations like Avaaz and Care2 and signing petitions in support of the cases they catch and bring to public awareness. And keep our eyes open and report animal and child abuse where we see obvious signs of it. Of course it starts with teaching our children from a very young age to be kind and considerate, and perhaps more importantly to try+ put themselves into the shoes of a person or animal that has to endure cruelty.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Society rewards being a sociopath. It's been crafted to be this way by weak people that view being predatory even against their own species as a badge of superiority. Most of them have lived lives that are so devoid of love, kindness, connectedness or any of the other things the majority of us take for granted that they view them as weaknesses instead of strengths. The irony is the more power over others you attain, the weaker you become.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

a reply to: The Cusp

I mean no disrespect, but I don't agree.

Every single one of us has the choice, but there are people who find pleasure in inflicting pain, perverse as it is and that is something I can't get my head around.

What makes a person mutilate an animal, some ones pet?

Why would a person kill a child? I'm sure they haven't been indoctrinated.

There is no justifiable reason for cruelty. Just my opinion.

I have been pondering this issue since I read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich during my teen years. I simply couldn't wrap my young head around the idea that humans would do such horrible things to other humans. It lead me to a years-long study of the lives of such people.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it but I do know that there are far more good, honorable, kind people out there than evil, cruel people. The "bubble-headed, bleached blonde" of Don Henley fame would much rather tell you about the cruelty than the kindness.
Fight the cruelty with random acts of kindness.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I agree with the notion this is Hell. We are given this opportunity to not be like be the Hellions.

You'll be alright, you have a caring heart. Thats all thats required.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

originally posted by: intrptr

Good rant.

I know there are many kind, peaceful people out there and consider myself one, but I'm beginning to think we are out numbered.

We're not outnumbered. They cover this sort of thing in the news more, so it seems wider spread than it is.

The bullies are few in number, they control others through fear, but quickly melt when the tables are turned.

Keep being human.

No we're not outnumbered.

But seats of power are almost always occupied by the cruel.

I agree with that too. Those in control got there because they stop at nothing, willing to squash anyone in their way to get what they want. Control freaks, caring only about themselves.

Only the cruelest are able to claw their way to the top of that heap.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VoiceOfDissent

What don't you get

Do u get anything ?

That's the real question

Or is it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join