It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruelty: I don't get it!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Day after day there are stories of cruelty inflicted by man onto man and it makes me wonder wth is wrong with this world.

Then the stomach churning tales of man's cruelty to animals and I just despair.

How can any sane person find pleasure in inflicting pain, fear and suffering onto a defenceless person or animal?

What really makes my blood boil is the child killers, the people who kill in the name of sport and those who observe this barbarism as entertainment.

I know there are many kind, peaceful people out there and consider myself one, but I'm beginning to think we are out numbered.

I think this world is going down the pan. Is there any hope for us? I think not.

Ok, this is a rant. I just needed to get it of my chest.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I don't get it either.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

Man against man, man against animal, where does it end?

Not at animal against animal it would seem.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

What's always funny about these people that do these things is if the tables were turned and they were the ones that had to deal with what they were dishing out they wouldn't like it one bit. I'd even go as far to say that most of the abusers wouldn't be able to deal with half of what they were dishing out before snapping and physically injuring someone or themselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Good rant.

I know there are many kind, peaceful people out there and consider myself one, but I'm beginning to think we are out numbered.

We're not outnumbered. They cover this sort of thing in the news more, so it seems wider spread than it is.

The bullies are few in number, they control others through fear, but quickly melt when the tables are turned.

Keep being human.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VoiceOfDissent

There's a lot of us about. Trouble is, There seems to be nothing we can do about it.

How sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp
I know cruelty isn't just inflicted by humans, but we are supposed to be the superior species.

In other words, we should know better. Don't you agree?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Cowerdice and cruelty seem to go hand in hand.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It's pretty simple really, if someone is cruel to you, you have two choices; allow it or respond in kind.

I don't worry about whether the aggressor is fully conscious of the damage they inflict, we will find out afterwards if they do.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes it's the news coverage that bothers me. It's a daily occurance. I live in a smallish town with a local rag and day in day out there's something very disturbing happened in my town. It's the same in every town though and I find it very scary.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash
a reply to: gpols

Cowerdice and cruelty seem to go hand in hand.

That it does. They know what they are doing is wrong which is the reason for the cowardice. It's harder to stop a problem when you are in the dark vs if you can see the problem clearly.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Really I'm talking about the people and animals that cannot respond. The innocents who either are not strong enough or the animals who are helpless to defend against cruelty.

But, you make an interesting point that makes me wonder.

How would I react if I saw someone being cruel and I admit my gut instinct would be to attack. Does that make me a savior or just another loony tune?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
People aren't cruel. When people are acting with free will, they will never choose to harm another.

The reason people behave in a cruel fashion is because we are prisoners of our programming. We erroneously believe things are the way we've been told, that things are they way we keep telling ourselves they are. Trapped by habitual behavior, we fool ourselves into thinking there is no other way. Given the opportunity to rise above that, people will never choose cruelty.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: The Cusp

I mean no disrespect, but I don't agree.

Every single one of us has the choice, but there are people who find pleasure in inflicting pain, perverse as it is and that is something I can't get my head around.

What makes a person mutilate an animal, some ones pet?

Why would a person kill a child? I'm sure they haven't been indoctrinated.

There is no justifiable reason for cruelty. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash

Really I'm talking about the people and animals that cannot respond. The innocents who either are not strong enough or the animals who are helpless to defend against cruelty.

But, you make an interesting point that makes me wonder.

How would I react if I saw someone being cruel and I admit my gut instinct would be to attack. Does that make me a savior or just another loony tune?

It kills me to even think about it, I cannot abide sadism.

Like the self defense argument, I really think the only possible preventative measure is to convince bad actors that good actors are more brutal than them and have no compunctions about responding in a decidedly unmeasured way.

No eye for an eye in the face of cruel evil, that concept is beyond their understanding. Justice was never meant to be fair, only effective.

I don't think it makes you looney, I think the instinct to fight cruelty is very human and is far more prevalent than predisposition to barbarism.
edit on 27-1-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

But what makes them tick?

Someone kicks a cat. I could not do that. So why are we so different. We are all made up of the same stuff, why then are some people cruel and others are not?

Oh my, what am I asking.

I'm just really sick and tired of the terrible things some people do to others.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If I had to make a psychoanalysis, I would say that they are incapable of or don't allow themselves to feel empathy.

But I wouldn't pause that long.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So while we are made of the same stuff, we are wired up differently and I get your point.

I would defend my family and my pets in any way I could. That to me is justifiable, if we were being attacked and in that defence I would feel no empathy.

That is regardless of whether a family member was being attacked or a pet, or even the dog next door. I would not be in control, so maybe I am answering my own question.

Then again, I am a not violent person but could be provoked into violence for the sake of defending an innocent.

Well, I'm going deeper than I thought. I hope I'm not rambling.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Accept that you live in a world inhabited by humans and realize that all are inherently evil. Some are pure evil, while thankfully the majority through culture, societal influences and upbringing are able to restrain, and contain their potential to be evil. Most people will at times inflict some level of cruelty on others, Some people are born evil, pure evil.

Maybe you are really in hell now, and have to get through all of this to get to heaven?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername
Well I had to smile when you said maybe this is hell, because I thought the very same thing before I started this thread.

Then I thought, if that's the case, what on earth did I do to end up here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join