It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted serial killer on Louisiana death row dies at hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I find this in·trigu·ing as historically (from my point of view) serial killers all seem to have similar traits- manipulators, charmers, and just average schmoes... Apparently he has been blamed for numerous murders and IRONICALLY, wound up in the hospital for a few days.. I say that to say this;

How difficult would it be to treat a convicted murderer, (we're talking he killed 2 and is linked to 5 other ladies, may they RIP) when you know as one of the medical staff, his history and background?

It would be extremely difficult for me personally. Me thinks there may be foul play involved; Any Cajuns in the audience, please shed some insite.

Derrick Todd Lee died five days after he was transported from the Louisiana State Penitentiary in Angola for emergency care, state prison officials said. An autopsy will be performed.

Lee, 47, was on death row for the 2002 murder of Charlotte Murray Pace, 22, and had a second-degree murder conviction for the death of Louisiana State University graduate student Geralyn DeSoto, 21, who also died in 2002.

He was linked to the deaths of five other women, but was not tried in those cases. An eighth woman survived.

CNN VIDEO L I N K E R
NOLA L I N K E R is here, for those who do not care for CNN or videos.

edit on 22-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: '

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Chuck him in a ditch and forget about him. I won't lose sleep over his death nor how it transpired.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

my point exactly Krazy! ! You hear about people and 'accidental' expiration all the time, for some reason, he was hospitalized, (prob cost the tax payers a small fortune) and whallla~! g'night

thanks for posting!!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
How difficult would it be to treat a convicted murderer, (were talking he killed 2 and is linked to 5 other ladies, may they RIP) when you know as one of the medical staff, his history and background?

It shouldn't be difficult at all.

The medical staff are not detectives, and to assume that even a convicted criminal actually did carry out these crimes would be jumping to conclusions.

How many times do we have to see our legal system fail and release people who were wrongfully accused of murder or theft or rape or any other crime and get put away for half their life?

Sure, he may have done the things he is accused of, but again, there is no reason ever for a medical practitioner to take matters into their own hands.
edit on 22/1/16 by Ghost147 because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Back in the day, criminals "accidentally" dying was something no one asked questions about. Now even the most heinous law breakers get investigations. I hope no one asks too many deep questions surrounding this guys death. "accidental" expiration sounds like a good enough explanation for me (any other person I'd be yelling about how flimsy of a reason that sounds).

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
He's on Death Row, kept alive as long as possible.

The mind goes, huh?

What about the guys given three life sentences or sentenced to a hundred and twenty years. Is there some point to the broken justice system that plays these kind of charades?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Chuck him in a ditch and forget about him. I won't lose sleep over his death nor how it transpired.

Finally, something we agree one.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
As a woman who used to run around the LSU lakes area where he prowled and live in the neighborhood where one of the victims was raped and killed, I could care #ing less how he died.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

His DNA was linked to at least seven different young women's deaths in southeast Louisiana,

Being Convicted Louisiana, I would think that some of the staff would recognize his name; while I agree w/you that """"Sure, he may have done the things he is accused of, but again, there is no reason ever for a medical practitioner to take matters into their own hands. """" , it is relatively simple to think that SOMEONE, may have acted out on what the destiny of the killer WOULD have faced if returned back to the prison... just an idea....

He had been sentenced to life for one murder and to death for killing 22-year-old Charlotte Murray Pace, who was stabbed 81 times and bludgeoned with an iron in May 2002. DNA evidence linked him to at least five other killings, officials said.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

KOS, had you heard of him, being as though you lived there?

Thanks for posting!!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Of course, it was widely known for more than a few years that there was a likely serial killer in the area. Women were cautioned to take measures for their own safety.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

This does not excuse the fact that someone may have murdered a murderer. All that has happened is that a new person has taken his place.

We don't employ Doctors and Nurses as Executioners. Regardless of what anyone has done, they have no right to kill someone through their own hand and behind closed doors.

We could just as easily assume that his death was from another serial killer that would related to "Angels of Death" (or doctors and nurses who kill hundreds of their patience).

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

THAT IS MY POINT TO GHOST
if he were so well known, I would think a target on his back would sufice; probably protective custody in prison,

thanks KOS!!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Agreed, but this is a conspiracy site, so I felt it worthy of a 'thread' of its own to discuss,

thanks for posting,

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There is a new "true crime" show on the Discovery Chanel called Killing Fields, in which a police department in Louisiana open a 17-year-old murder cold case. This is a weekly show that follows the cold case investigation in "real time". Anyhow, Derrick Todd Lee was one of the prime suspects in their investigation. Strange timing.

IMDB: Killing Fields

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Agreed, but this is a conspiracy site, so I felt it worthy of a 'thread' of its own to discuss,

I don't disagree that it has a right to be a thread.

I just find it interesting how so many people jump to "kill the murderer" as soon as the hear the word "murderer". It's almost like a witch hunt.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So he was sick, was taken to the emergency room and ultimately died. Just because he is a reviled killer doesn't mean someone offed him, the article makes no assertions, it's all just your own conjecture, right? In fact, there's a link from a victim's family member lamenting the fact that they did not get to see Justice served in the execution.
edit on 1/22/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A small injection of an air bubble into him could've done the trick. Pretty untraceable.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Yup; agreed; just a coin kee dink; never-the-less, the thread MUST go on

thanks for posting Ghost!!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Derek Todd Lee...
Why do serial killers always have three names?
Parents to be please take note.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join