It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the cross actually a tesseract?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What is a tesseract?

In geometry, the tesseract is the four-dimensional analog of the cube; the tesseract is to the cube as the cube is to the square. Just as the surface of the cube consists of six square faces, the hypersurface of the tesseract consists of eight cubical cells. The tesseract is one of the six convex regular 4-polytopes.

Wiki

In other words, a cube is the 3D shadow that a 4D tesseract casts. Just as the shadow of a 3D cube is a 2D square, a 3D cube is the shadow of the 4D tesseract.

This is what a tesseract looks like:

This isn't the best example because this is a 2D image showing the 3D representation of a 4D object, but it gets the point across well enough I think.

Here is the net of a tesseract:

You will notice that when turned to face straight at us, the net of a tesseract looks strikingly similar to the most recognizable religious symbol in the world, the cross.

Why would the cross represent a tesseract though? This part of my post will delve into a philosophical view of the story of Jesus and the implications it has about humanity as a whole.

So a tesseract in the context of this thread represents the 4th dimension in general. A 4D object will always cast a 3D shadow just as a 3D object will always cast a 2D shadow.

So where is the 3rd dimension? It is in the world that we see around us. But what is it that is casting the 3D shadow of the world we see around us? That would be the mind, the one seeing and interpreting the 3D shadow we call the world. When you close your eyes, the shadow is no longer cast, only when you open your eyes is the 3-dimensional shadow cast.

So our mind is the 4th dimension, it is "above" the Earth casting a shadow in the form of what we see as 3D space. Your individual body is the 3D representation of your individual 4D mind. The universe as a whole is a representation of the collective consciousness that we are all a part of, this is what religions refer to as "God", or what some New Age philosophies refer to as "Source".

What is it that creates time? The mind! This is why time is considered by some to be the 4th dimension, because it is a byproduct of the mind. If you are unconscious, time no longer exists. You can be in a coma for 30 years and when you wake up it will seem like the blink of an eye.

So what does this have to do with a conspiracy in religion? It lies in the Christian symbol of the cross which in my opinion is a 3D representation of the 4D tesseract, and as I said the tesseract in the context of this thread represents the 4th dimension, the mind! So with this in mind (pun intended), Jesus was not crucified on a cross but was crucified within the mind of man!

They created a religion around the crucifixion and death of Jesus, they instilled this dogma into the minds of men and that idea of sacrifice has spread like wildfire across the entire world. Jesus is called the "image of God" and his image (gospel) within the Christian religion is represented as death on the cross bringing salvation.

This means that the image has been turned into a dead one within the minds of men, they have death on their minds, they have Jesus dead on the cross. Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is an example of a "graven" (dead) image.

So where is the true image? It is not within death, it is within life itself. What you see in this moment (light) is the image of God, that of life. What is the image of light you see a byproduct of? The mind! It is the mind's eye, the way in which the mind observes the shadow it casts, and that shadow is the world around you.

The image of Jesus on the cross is not the true image, that image is of death. The image of light you see every moment of your life (even at this very moment while reading this) is the true image, that of life, it is true salvation.

So in short, Jesus hanging dead on the cross represents a graven image (Jesus) being on the mind (cross/tesseract). The true image and cross/tesseract lies within the mind's eye, that of light and life, what you are experiencing right now. It is the most beautiful and mysterious thing of all and it IS all.

I Googled "Jesus on a tesseract", and lo and behold Salvador Dali painted a painting that represents this idea, in my opinion.

Notice how Jesus' face cannot be seen. This represents, in my opinion, those who believe in his sacrifice (represented by the woman/bride/church looking up at Jesus on the cross) not seeing the true face of Jesus, a.k.a. what he truly represents, which is the mind's eye, the shadow we see of the world around us.

Hopefully this wasn't too "out there", but I thought it was a pretty interesting idea to think about. What do you guys think? I'm open to criticism.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I love the Dali Painting, to me, it represents that we only really see a slim fragment of reality, and that Christ died for the full and true reality. This infers that there are aspects of Christ's crucifixion that are beyond our current understandings.

However, the actual cross was made of two pieces of wood, built by ancient Romans and erected on a hill just outside the city of Jerusalem.

The irony that the hill and the tree were created by Jesus and were the implements of His torture brings home the poignancy of His sacrifice on our behalf.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Probably not, considering if he was to be crucified by the Romans it looked more like a capital T, than a lowercase t.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Very good presentation E.

I think its a great allusion to what may have happened. Persecution of a man's mind who was beyond his time.
edit on 21-1-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I love the Dali Painting, to me, it represents that we only really see a slim fragment of reality, and that Christ died for the full and true reality. This infers that there are aspects of Christ's crucifixion that are beyond our current understandings.

However, the actual cross was made of two pieces of wood, built by ancient Romans and erected on a hill just outside the city of Jerusalem.

The irony that the hill and the tree were created by Jesus and were the implements of His torture brings home the poignancy of His sacrifice on our behalf.

whats funny is the cross the romans used didnt have a place to rest the back of the head against. it was a T shape.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That's the great thing about art, it can mean something different to everyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Christian imagery is the topic here, Christian art has always represented the cross as a lowercase t not an uppercase one.

edit on 1/21/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Nothing to do with the Southern Cross then?

edit on 21-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

For sure, there are many layers to biblical symbolism. Though I see other stars within the picture that were not used to form a symbol. What I mean by this is that man has shaped things around him to fit his understanding of the world for all of recorded history.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

A good point however the gospel mentions the sign hung over his head "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews" or though I can not remember the correct spelling of this "Iesus Nazareneus Rex Iudaeorum" which was in the oldest images written three time's in Greek, Latin and Arimeic/Hebrew though most likely the soldier only wrote in one language that of the empire Latin.

Ron Wyatte a dental nurse and extremely devout christian as well as amateur archeaologist believed that he had found the site of the True Golgotha when he felt something telling him to dig there as he walked past it one day, the site has since been damaged by a later excavation/cover up and three post holes bulldozed away but I think he was correct, he believed that the signs over the cross saying what the crime of the individual was were placed in holes in a rock face behind the site, since Jesus had commited no crime he was not labelled as a rebel or a criminal just what his followers believed him to be the promised one of God the Messiah or annointed one which is to say King.

It may have been a T shape or it may have been a cross shape but it does not really matter and the whole point remind's me a little of the argument about which side our lord was pierced though it has to be said that for his heart it was most likely his left side under or between the rib's especially as that is were the ancient thought it was and indeed were those of us with heart problems feel most of the pain as well as in our left arm's and shoulders.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It matters not? one could be a tesseract the other would be not.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I'm glad you brought up Golgotha because it literally means "place of the skull". That just so happens to be where the mind resides, within the brain which is located within the skull. Jesus was crucified on Golgotha, a.k.a. the mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Christian imagery is the topic here, Christian art has always represented the cross as a lowercase t not an uppercase one.

Absolutely true, though the early symbol of Christianity was the fish and many early empire period Christians actually though of the crucifix as an insult, the most terrible insult heaped upon our lord as it was usually reserved for traitors and criminals in the empire but the earliest symbols of the cross in christian literature including the Syriac writing do show a crucifix rather than a T however both styles of crucifix were used throughout the rule of the empire especially when a sign was to be placed over the victim to indicate the reason or to warn others why this person had been crucified.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

In ancient time's the priest of the tabernacle and the temple would use hissop to sprinkle the blood of the sacrificial lamb onto the people and also onto the ark of the covenant as an atonement, the blood of the innocent was accepted in there place as they not it had sinned but the law had to be fullfilled and so a sacrifice in there place was needed.

This man Ron Wyatt
jonah135588.wordpress.com...
What he found matched perfectly with the fullfillment of the Scriptures and the prophecy of the prophets as he found at the site of the three square post holes in front of a skull like formation a crack running through the centre hole, the gospel speaks of the rock of golgotha being cracked and the temple veil being rent at the moment of our lords death.
The blood seem's to have ran down the cross into this fissure in the rock which the earth tremble had caused and to have dripped onto the mercy seat of the ark of the covenant below fullfilling his name as the LAMB of God.

If you are interested it is worth reading up and looking at the video's about his discovery, it was suppressed as when news leaked out about the possible find there was a riot on the temple mount and several people were killed, the isreali authority's however sent several men believed to be descendants from teh tribe of levi into the cave to try to retrieve the ark but they apparently dropped dead and they asked Mr wyatt to recover there body's, they then sealed the entrance with a steel place and concrete before backfilling it with rubble.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

In 6 steps, the "cross" folds up into a 6 sided cube.

6 is the number of man. Created on the 6th day, man's reality is an up, down, north, south, east and west 6 sided box.

Egyptain mythology tells us that Set created a beautiful box, tricked Osiris to get onto/into it, then locked him and sent him down the river!

When Osiris opened the box, Set was able to capture him inside with no hope of escape.

Christianity asks it's followers to "take up" their cross....666....get in the box!

I say, Pop Goes the Weasel!

edit on 21-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I like this idea as well! The tesseract is the same concept except in a higher dimension. We need to open the box/mind, not sit inside it and wait for things to happen for us!

All religion originates from a central theme, that of the universe and life itself. When religion tries to explain the mysteries of life, it is trying to explain the mysteries of the self.

It's a very deep rabbit hole that has been dug over thousands of years, but it all leads to the same place which is the very act of "being" itself.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

whats funny is the cross the romans used didnt have a place to rest the back of the head against. it was a T shape.

Perhaps not when it came to crucifixion, but when it came to religious symbolism they did.

Image of Julius Caesar's wax effigy on display

A "Clemency Coin" struck to represent the forgiveness bestowed by the deified Julius Caesar.

edit on 21-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

OK, tradition for 2 Millennia is that the cross was not a T.

Some have said that the cross was just a post because it is described as a "stauros" in Greek. Yet Simon the Cyrene was co-opted to assist Jesus in carrying the cross and the word used is "patibulum", which is a cross-piece, a second piece of wood.

So, then we must have either the T or a shape.

Matthew 27:37 says: They placed above his head the charge against him. It read, “This is Jesus, the king of the Jews".

If the cross was a T, then how could they place the sign above His head? Did they make if float there in space?

It is therefore reasonable to accept that Jesus was crucified on a shaped cross.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Nothing to do with the Southern Cross then?

How would someone in the first century, living in the Northern hemisphere, ever even know of the existence of the Southern Cross constellation?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That's an interesting coin because the cross is inside of a temple. Where is the mind located? Within the brain that resides between the two "temples" of the skull. And as we know, Jesus was crucified on the "place of the skull".

It all lines up. The story is not literal, it is metaphorical. That's why so many people are trapped inside their box, they read the story literally, both theists and atheists alike.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join