It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mini tsunami' along Washington coast caught on camera

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is a link to a tidal bore on that same location (Joe Creek) in 2008. FWIW, it is upstream, and only a photo, but evidence that it has happened before. That doesn't mean it wasn't caused by some event, just that it has happened in that location before.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I have lived on the Ocean for 31 years. I guess I missed all those sneakers lol. A wave is a wave. Rouge waves, been there done that, absolutely hate them. That much water shown in the Washington video had to be pushed, no two ways about it. Something large had to push that water, what was it? Probably an underground shelf falling but not a real quake. That would explain why only one wave.

We would have heard about hundreds of people being sucked out to sea off beaches all the time if this USGS concocted story were true.

Think about it, the explanation is BS!!

I HAVE thought about it, and told you exactly what I thought in my posts above. That doesn't mean they, or I, am right. But not everything is a conspiracy you know. What reason on the planet would the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center, as well as all those other agencies have to deny that this was a tsunami if it was one? Do you know how hard it is to get consensus among that many scientists, all from different agencies? It's amazing they agree on anything, and in this case they all did after careful analysis.

But ok, suit yourself and believe what you wish.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
That's some cold water too, I have lived on the ocean since 89, I have never seen anything like that unless there was a hurricane or tropical storm off of the coast and the tide was coming in. There was no full moon a few days ago, only about 3/4 full that day. Waves can travel pretty far so I don't know.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I wonder how long the buoy was triggered before the wave, and their relative points on the map? Ill check tomorrow unless someone beats me to it. All 3 theories sound plausible at this point (sneaker, tidal bore, or shelf cracking). But how could all that wind energy charge waves up, without a regional storm at that time?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

National Weather Service investigates

The National Weather Service Office in Seattle, working with the National Tsunami Warning Center (in Palmer, AK), and the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center reviewed the videos, along with meteorological, and oceanic conditions and determined that the wave was what's known as a "sneaker wave."

Sneaker waves result from a build­-up of wind­-generated wave energy, normally from distant storms, NWS said. Sneaker waves run significantly further and higher up the shoreline than other waves arriving at the shore before or afterward.

www.king5.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well I don't know what it is.
I'm headed to Yachats Orgeon this summer. It's on Highway 101 and the coast.
I was watching footage there of the Japan Tsnami and in about 14 to 20 minutes you can see a wave come in like that cover all the sand and fill the Yachats river..then it pulls back out at some point and back in again. This video was at low tide as it said in the video.
Edit link Japan tsunami In Yachats
m.youtube.com...

Another video from the same area mentioned a small tsunami in 2011 or 2001.
Might be best I simply find the links but there really wasn't much on tsunamis in Yachats Orgeon anyway. The second video looks near identical to the one posted here.
Edit link 2011
www.youtube.com...

Anyway it looked near identical. Slow low rolling in like a surge.

After reading the evacuation maps made up by...some geological survey..for the communities the evacuation point lol seemed rather low but I don't know.
Japan was 70 foot? I don't know allot about this stuff and I'm still researching.

This video in question is only long enough to show one wave comming in.
It doesn't mean it didn't come in again or move back out to the pacific.

I've also heard that there isn't a decent tsunami weather warning system put in so maybe their only reporting what they can anyway. Japan had a better system.
Still I heard that some time ago and don't have a source. It was that Japanize looking scientist with the long white Einstein hair on a news channel talking about "the big one" around Portland and Seattle and what a 9.3 would do. This was sometime after Japan was hit and the weather system to monitor and warn on these west coast Tsuamis was brought into question.
He made a "big one" sound a few decades over due.
Edit link:
m.youtube.com...

I can scrounge for links but don't know what I will come up with as it was a while ago on YouTube I spotted this info.
Edit:did that lol

I guess my point is if the other listed Tsunami videos near Yachats look near identical to this posted video how and the hell can anyone know what a minor Tsunami looks like? If I'm on the coast and this weather warning system sucks compared to what Japan had then how can I see it's time to head up the coastal hills?

I'm Not sounding any alarms or saying what is going to happen.
I am only posting some links to raise awareness.
But anyway if your interested I came across these evac maps if your already in the area or plan on visiting the coast. Regardless of a disaster it's good info to know or have when your in the area anyway. Sure it can fire up the paranoia meter on an immediate threat but it's not bad to be aware either.
www.oregon.gov...
Washington most likely has its own this only covers Orgeon.
Google at this point is your friend.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Might be the bloop or kraken or leviathan or jormungar, or godzilla, or kaiju, or MUTO awakening

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join