It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning of LIFE??? In your opinion???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Life is pointless and when it ends its even more pointless to have existed in the first place.
You are born, life is both quick/short and a bitch, then you die. So what was the point!
I recently lost 2 brothers and one day I will join them. All painfully pointless!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

All mainstream programming says exactly the same thing...

I see no reason to believe it's true.

The good news is that modern culture, based on the premise there is no inherent purpose or positive design in human life, has been exposed as a long-term Illuminati psy-op designed to demoralize us. It will fail.

The Satanic Origin of Modern Cult-ure

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well, if we are talking about these things from our own perspective, then I would agree with you.

However, an ability to imagine other lives complexly requires that one consider frames of reference beyond oneself and ones beliefs, otherwise I would have said much the same in my own response! Religion, with regard to the topic at hand, is yet another way we are different from one another, and yet another thing which has bearing on what we perceive as the meaning in our lives. We do not all hold to the same meaning, because we do not all have the same beliefs, experience, or attitude.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

YOU

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The meaning of life is to offspring, thats it. No magic

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Life is meaningless? To all those that think life has no meaning, I'd like to see your response to someone trying to deprive you of your "life'.

lets start with your stuff, Whisk!… all gone, it has no meaning after all. Your kids, your wife, your home, meh.

zzzt… gone.

Watch how quickly people rush to defend their 'meaningless' existence.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think the trick is not to think about it; then, life has meaning.

Contemplating whether life has meaning is, paradoxically, to discover that it doesn't.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What is the meaning of fire. It starts small, it grows to tremendous strength and consumes all it can, and then expires.

That is us.

nothing but the conflagration of a spark... we are nothing more.

Life is nothing more.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

What is life?

~~~ Imaginary!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the purpose of life?

~~~ Close your eyes, for a moment.
Imagine a meadow on a beautiful sunny day.
In the center of the meadow stands a purple unicorn, and it is pooping sparkling diamond encrusted Twinkies!
Got that?
See it?
Good!
Now, I have a question for you;
What is the purpose of that diamond Twinkie pooping unicorn?

Therein lies your answer, grasshopper.
Whether or not it has any meaning, is strictly up to your state Consciousness!
Ponder it.
*__-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the meaning of life?

~~~ ALL 'meaning' exists in the thoughts/imagination of the beholder!

Life means whatever you imagine it to mean!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

to build strong connections with other people and the world around you (animals, nature). To uplift others and do good, and appreciate the beauty that is Earth.

Sorry to get all sappy, that's genuinely what I think the meaning of life is

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well, if we are talking about these things from our own perspective, then I would agree with you.

However, an ability to imagine other lives complexly requires that one consider frames of reference beyond oneself and ones beliefs, otherwise I would have said much the same in my own response! Religion, with regard to the topic at hand, is yet another way we are different from one another, and yet another thing which has bearing on what we perceive as the meaning in our lives. We do not all hold to the same meaning, because we do not all have the same beliefs, experience, or attitude.

Hence why I said in a Christian perspective
Everybody has their own road they choose to walk down, just giving others mine

All sounds so dreary reading other people's meaningless life's

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
im here to tell leftist feminists to F off.
thats about it really.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sit by a fire with a full tum,good friends,smoke your favourite smoke,a bottle of what you like best at your side and talk rubbish.That's why we exist.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Money,power,sex,drugs and rock n roll!.

Geez I thought everyone knew that.....

Just poking a bit of fun

i roll with the punches of life like skunkape

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: Ghost147

because some of us are actually awake to the reality of life. Some of us are not brainwashed mindless retarded slaves anymore to the man, and we actually think.

Ah, so you must have some evidence to further your claim?

Baseless supposition is not 'thinking', it's not an 'answer', it's a way to cop-out of actual critical thinking skills in order to appease a fragile, vulnerable, and insecure mind.

Also, those thoughts, which you directly requested for, are my own, not a conjuring of 'the man'.

Nice try though. Enjoy your fragility and insecurity.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Aedaeum
We're indoctrinated at a young age to assume life has meaning by the inculcation of entertainment, friends, society, etc...

I believe that just the opposite is true...

Mainstream social programming tells us that there is no purpose for life.

In order to find the truth, one must believe the OPPOSITE of what propaganda is telling us.

The good news is that modern culture, based on the premise there is no inherent purpose or positive design in human life, has been exposed as a long-term Illuminati psy-op designed to demoralize us. It will fail.

The Satanic Origin of Modern Cult-ure

...historians, educators and journalists collaborate by upholding a false reality and distracting us from the truth. Our world, our perception of the human experience, are shaped by an occult secret society. Our culture is an elaborate psy-op.

The Satanic Cult That Rules the World

POPULAR CULTURE = BRAINWASHING. "Popular culture" (music, TV, movies, books, fashion etc.) is NOT spontaneous but corporate controlled and manufactured. "Today's mass culture operates like the opium trade: The supply determines the demand."

Bankers Are Behind The Counter Culture

Modern Western culture is based on denying objective truth and erecting a false reality in its place. The New World Order is dedicated to replacing Truth with a solipsism created by the same people who create money from nothing and charge interest.

Modern society is based on a solipsism created by Illuminati (Cabalist) Jewish bankers and their Masonic minions. The word "solipsism" means a self-created reality that has little or no connection with Truth. Instead of being dedicated to Truth, humanity has been hijacked by the bankers. The "New World Order" is a solipsism that stymies and enslaves mankind while increasing the bankers' power and wealth. We are being drawn into a solipsism that inverts good and evil; truth and lies. We are being inducted into a satanic cult.

WESTERN CULTURE BASED ON DENYING REALITY

Thus kulture is contrived. How do we know what we know? We are taught by the mass media and the education system. But what if they were subverted by a satanic secret society, i.e. the Illuminati? The mass media and education system promote this suspension of reality. Truth is suppressed. Lies are promulgated. Negative or self-destructive behavior is portrayed in a positive light.

How the Illuminati Control Culture

This one!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

How hard you're willing to work to build something others benefit from makes you special...not race, religion, gender, etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
In my opinion its to live...do everything you want to do as long as its at no cost to others. Love. Make others lives easier whenever possible. Now get living!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The more I know the more I know what I dont know yet...it keeps me alive - this thirst.

I ponder the meaning of life - when I get despondent I wack on Monty Pythons the meaning of life, having read the bible many times I no longer read it, I get more out of studying philosophy or science.

My latest thought is I think that to a large degree the world works like clockwork

Ah, but it doesnt...start looking behind the scenes and you will see its pretty much unnatural, going from one crisis to the next.

Try this experiment - look ahead but occasionally in a dreamy state pay attention to what your peripheral vision is showing you. You might be surprised; depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

Try a hobby or exercise. also perhaps check your testosterone levels. I noticed in your other thread you were thinking of Greece and the cost of living there. There are some nice houses for around 70,000 euros. Great place to chill or retire.

Remember all our lives we are conditioned to beleive that we are just a consumer and our place is to be a producer of money so we can keep the illusion of materialism fed. The most expensive joyous things in life are FREE...stop pause pay attention - slow down and really breathe. Smell nature and give it your full attention - it takes some practise,
called "living in the Now"

For a while I contemplated giving up on ATS, I discovered that it helps me learn new things and also they say that helping others is good for soul. I'm not an expert by any means, but if I can help someone, I'll give it a try.

Remember you are not alone, we all go through this crisis of asking " who am I " We can rewire our brains to get off this rat race treadmill. Give it a go, dare you take control of your own destiny. Wherever it leads you, remember, its not the destination thats the be all and end all. Its the journey that counts.

You are spiritual being in a skin of flesh
The meaning of life IS LIFE...enjoy the rest of your life...

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

for once we see eye to eye...well said...every word

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join