It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning of LIFE??? In your opinion???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Sometimes I feel like the older I get the more I'm losing my mind or something. Like I'm middle age lets just say. I've done a lot of things in life so far. I've reached some initial dreams and goals. But by lack of experience it can be so easy to then lose all your work for, which often happens to people. But it's as if all the material gains and goals are now sort of a thing of the past. I've been there done that and it's a bit out of my system.

I'd like to go from renting to owning a place again, but like I said in my other post I'd like to just build my own place in future and live sort of like a hermit.

But what I'm kinda wondering at times is what exactly is the meaning of life??? ..... Like seriously what is it??? ..... I don't get it???

Maybe I'm not suppse to get it?

Now I heard one thing in a movie which goes: a person needs 3 things to be content: 1) something to do 2) someone to love 3) somewhere to live. So I guess that perhaps covers some of the basics. But still doesn't really address the bigger picture, in that what exactly is the meaning of life???

Maybe there is no ryme or reason to it all? Like I believe in God, but I'm very confused as to how involved he is in the world. My latest thought is I think that to a large degree the world works like clockwork. It's not being micro-managed by God. But again that's just my speculation based on my lifes circumstances. I mean I could be dead wrong. I still pray and believe in an afterlife, but I really am a bit confused about all that. Is there like a heaven and hell? Well probably. But it's kinda a crazy thought to try and wrap your mind around.

Meanwhile we're stuck here trying to make sense of it all. And once you get a bit older like me and you've disassociated yourself from the slave title you grow up with like: Baker, Butcher, Barber etc etc. Then you sort of snap out of that idea that you "are what you do" and you're like all of a sudden left thinking: "What am I doing here?" ... and ..."what is the meaning of all this?" and "what is all this about anyway?"

It's so confusing at times. Like what's my purpose now in life? And what's the meaning of life? Or is there any meaning to it? Or are we all just worms and we're gonna likely be eaten by robins.

Half the time I just wonder what even matters anymore. Sure I'd like to have a second go at things but when you're older everything is like double the work. It's very difficult. And I am working on some new goals and stuff. But as I do I still often wonder, what's the purpose of all this? Like we just have to make ends meet and survive? Like that's it? Like that's all life is about? Survival of the fittest; dog eat dog? That's all??

I just wish I could have a clearer understanding of what's the point of anything. Anyway whats' your experience been like? Have you figured out anything? Or made sense of life yet? If so then what is the meaning of life???

tell me.

edit on 19-1-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

edit on 1920160120161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

So my original post that I deleted was annoying, I said 42. Google it if you don't get it.

My honest opinion? We have no idea. I think the point is to leave this place better.

You look around at the news and sites like this and it sounds like the world is falling apart. It's getting better every year by every measurable metric.

So maybe you don't know where you fit in, but you found a girl, fell in love, got married and had some kids. Your job is to raise those kids to be better people than you were. It's simple (ha!). It's what your heart tells you.

Maybe you don't find a girl, it's still simple, you do what your heart tells you. You can contribute just as much.

I believe in God, I pray nightly, but I don't for a second think someone who doesn't isn't instrumental in the growth of humanity.

We should all strive to leave this world a better place when our time comes. Show some passion, even if you're remembered as wrong some people will thank you for it.

We don't need religion or an afterlife to make positive changes for future generations.

Open your heart, and make the best decisions you can to help those that are going to replace us have a better life. It's an unwritten rule. Perhaps it should be written.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
There is no "meaning." Just live. There are good times and bad times. Roll with the punches. Don't over think it.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

there isnt one - simples - we are born - we do crap - we die

the actual realistion of this is what freaks so many people out

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The first reason of our existence is the need to survive, for now and next generations. We share this necessity with any other living thing in our universe.

As humans we're not done with keeping our DNA alive, there is a second reason for us. But this one you have to find out for yourself

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I never understood why people need to apply a 'meaning' to life.

Why is it so bad to simply just live without a meaning behind it?

Sure, we can place purposes within our lives, for instance, if I have children my self imposed purpose may be to care for these children, help them thrive, and to always be there for them.

But a meaning for life?

I don't see a need for one.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We're indoctrinated at a young age to assume life has meaning by the inculcation of entertainment, friends, society, etc... We're told and pulled in so many ways when we're younger, that we forget to ask: "What's the point of all this?". Why am I here? Why am I doing this? Life, at that age, seems to have intrinsic meaning, which gets us by.

Instead of provoking a conscious introspective thought process, we simply became reactive to every event in our lives. We didn't deliberate long enough on our decisions or take in the scope of our actions. To be honest, it's the gross negligence and ignorance of parents that have led us all down this road of retrospection. When life becomes predictable/banal, it soon begs us to ask those questions.

My personal answer is...I thought I knew. There was a time when I'd have told you that life is the growing process for the spirit so that God could cultivate you when you were "ripe" - metaphorically speaking. Since then I've learned that ANYthing we learn here, is nothing but deprecation and disappointment. I've experienced every high and every low (generally) and I can tell you that none of it will bring you a consistent joy/happiness. Some people will tell you that it's the struggles that make life worth living, but then that just makes them masochists. If you enjoy a constant battle, spiritually, emotionally, and physically, then life is heaven. I, personally, detest struggle and consider it to be the antithesis of happiness.

Love used to be my haven, which I longed and hoped for. When I finally realized humanities version of it, it became an eyesore. It became nothing more than an illusory perception of what we expect in another human being, rather than based on the actual substance of who we are and what we stand for. Now, with varying degrees of perception, we will all have our own interpretations of "reality" and what is "real". Life, here....is entirely subjective, which makes it the worst archetype for spiritual growth, which is the process of acquiring The Truth and Wisdom. Human wisdom is not the same as gaining Wisdom from The Truth - that which is the substance of all known and unknown things.

I've made it my mission to find The Truth. Needless to say, I've not gotten very far.

TL;DR or Moral of the story:
Life only has a meaning if you interpret one.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
We're indoctrinated at a young age to assume life has meaning by the inculcation of entertainment, friends, society, etc...

I believe that just the opposite is true...

Mainstream social programming tells us that there is no purpose for life.

In order to find the truth, one must believe the OPPOSITE of what propaganda is telling us.

The good news is that modern culture, based on the premise there is no inherent purpose or positive design in human life, has been exposed as a long-term Illuminati psy-op designed to demoralize us. It will fail.

The Satanic Origin of Modern Cult-ure

...historians, educators and journalists collaborate by upholding a false reality and distracting us from the truth. Our world, our perception of the human experience, are shaped by an occult secret society. Our culture is an elaborate psy-op.

The Satanic Cult That Rules the World

POPULAR CULTURE = BRAINWASHING. "Popular culture" (music, TV, movies, books, fashion etc.) is NOT spontaneous but corporate controlled and manufactured. "Today's mass culture operates like the opium trade: The supply determines the demand."

Bankers Are Behind The Counter Culture

Modern Western culture is based on denying objective truth and erecting a false reality in its place. The New World Order is dedicated to replacing Truth with a solipsism created by the same people who create money from nothing and charge interest.

Modern society is based on a solipsism created by Illuminati (Cabalist) Jewish bankers and their Masonic minions. The word "solipsism" means a self-created reality that has little or no connection with Truth. Instead of being dedicated to Truth, humanity has been hijacked by the bankers. The "New World Order" is a solipsism that stymies and enslaves mankind while increasing the bankers' power and wealth. We are being drawn into a solipsism that inverts good and evil; truth and lies. We are being inducted into a satanic cult.

WESTERN CULTURE BASED ON DENYING REALITY

Thus kulture is contrived. How do we know what we know? We are taught by the mass media and the education system. But what if they were subverted by a satanic secret society, i.e. the Illuminati? The mass media and education system promote this suspension of reality. Truth is suppressed. Lies are promulgated. Negative or self-destructive behavior is portrayed in a positive light.

How the Illuminati Control Culture

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Life is strange, and stranger still because each one is different. They start from different positions geographically, financially, according to different situations with ones home life, some kids grow up in happy families, others in sundered homes, and others still grow up orphaned and alone on the streets. What with just the STARTING point being uncertain and varied massively across the breadth of human existence, it makes sense that not all life has the same meaning, because the meaning of ones life depends on who one is, what store one places in the various aspects of living it.

For example, I have lived on the street, and although it was not strictly comfortable, I found certain aspects of that life very freeing. Others who have lived that part of life, had a different outlook on it, both at the time, and afterward. Others never made it out of that life, and are still living it. We cannot all look upon that moment in our lives the same way, and therefore the meaning of that period in life, though I might have it in common with someone else, will naturally be different. A man who ends up on the street having had it all, might rue the experience entirely, while I, having had bugger all and not been afraid to loose that bugger all at the time, had a totally different opinion of the whole event.

Similarly, a man who has never left the rice field he works on, would have a totally different opinion of the meaning of life, to a man who has spent his entire life flying from continent to continent, taking meetings with other fast moving tycoon types, because his frame of reference is totally different.

The meaning of life is, therefore, dependent on what meaning you give it, by living it. It is a question that only you can answer, and your answer will, by necessity, fail to match most other peoples answer to that question. We are all alike us humans, but one of the most important ways that we are alike, is that we are all different from each other, and thus the meaning of our lives differs also. While no one life has greater or lesser significance than another, they are all different, unique, as is their meaning.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You prove my point exactly. We have become a non-thinking collective, engaging in society, entertainment, friends, technology, etc... we feel a sense of meaning, false meaning, but meaning nonetheless. Intrinsic meaning. It satisfies our senses while it lasts. We all experience this.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I researched the heck out of this subject once.

Below are some of the results, notice the correlations between some of them...

In early morning prayer, Jesus dressed in a white long gown and embraced by a very bright light appeared before me and said the following to me: "Before we were born in the world, all of us were given a special mission by God."

Rev. Joshua Do Shick Joe

This life is a preparation for the next...

Fire on the Altar MP3

One of the main reasons you were placed on this planet was to be tested by God...

HOW CAN I FIND GOD?

We all have scroll prepared by God before we were conceived in our mother’s womb. It’s important we discover what is written on it so we can walk in it and fulfil our Testimony; for it is on this that we will be judged and rewarded. At the end of this life Jesus will compare what we have done with what we should have done with our lives. We have a lifetime to discover what is on our scroll and work it out and achieve it.

Your Scroll and Testimony ~ The Testimony of Your Scroll MP3

About a year ago, I bought a piece of property for $80,000. Today, it is worth approximately $600,000. This highly profitable transaction required no effort on my part, except walking into a lawyer's office to sign the papers. I have asked the Lord, "Jesus, why do you bless me like this?" "Because you passed my test," He answered. "How did I pass your test?" You fulfilled the Scripture," He said. "My test for the human race and the Church is obedience to the Scriptures." He said, "I don't have any other test except the Scriptures. Tell my people that there are blessings attached to each verse that is fulfilled by any believing Christian."

Norvel Hayes

Not long ago, the Lord gave me $200,000. I said, "Lord, what am I going to do with it? I don't need it. What did You give it to me for?" He said, "You passed my test." I said, "Passed your test? What in the world did I do to pass Your test?" He said, "You fulfilled a scripture. Tell them everywhere you go...tell them that the Bible is my test; every time they fulfill a scripture, tell them to never worry about the answers to their prayers."

Misguided Faith by Norvel Hayes.

A couple of links that go into more detail:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

That is absolutely beautiful. If only a life like that could be enough for me to embrace...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
You prove my point exactly.

Come again?

Unless I'm mistaken, we both said just the opposite.

You said that we're indoctrinated as kids to assume life has meaning.

I said that just the opposite is true...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid I would say we are indoctrinated as kids to believe life has a goal, but the goal is seen to be something at the end of a journey, when life isn't really a journey and seeing as such is where some of us set ourselves up for disappointment. It's more of a game to be played than a journey to be completed. It's like music to be listened to or a dance to be enjoyed

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

lol.... good answer

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

because some of us are actually awake to the reality of life. Some of us are not brainwashed mindless retarded slaves anymore to the man, and we actually think.
edit on 19-1-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

ya good point

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I suspect that what you and I call indoctrination are two entirely different things.

Invariably, when ever this topic comes up, we see post after post stating that there is no purpose to life without any kind of evidence or examples to back it up.

I always find it rather telling whenever I see these types of arguments without the evidence to support it.

edit on 19-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
From a Christian perspective
We were created for relationship, with each other and with God

Created to be His children and be in a relationship that is perfect, harmonious and loving

This place will teach us why the future promise of Gods kingdom is better than this, what we thought was worth living for was a shadow, a darkness of no value.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join