It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are On The Verge of Interstellar Flight...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Mentioned this in another thread....but human have likely been warlike since before we were human. Chimpanzee's are quite warlike as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Humanity's capacity for great evil and her warlike tendency do seem to be part of our makeup.

That being said we also have great ability to empathize and create wondrous artistic and engineering marvels. End of the day through we fight for resources, just like any other animal.

Hopefully if we ever do manage to get out there amongst the stars this will change given the near unlimited resources our universe would place at our disposal.
edit on 22-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
a reply to: SLAYER69

Joseph Farrell from what I understand, somehow implies that we could already be a type 1 civilization or on the verge of it. Is a type 1 civ capable of Interstellar travel or inter-dimensional or still at the threshold?

I think we are, but i think our tech development has left our emotional development hopelessly behind.
If we are to beleive the CIA RV stories then we are being quarantined, yet if we beleive Gene Rodenberry's vision of an advanced culture then they are simply here to observe & are not allowed to interfere. Most of them,those little grey one seem to interfere a lot

I get the impression there are several camps out there, some want to help and some want to dominate, it has been said that we are all property of someone already...well just come and take me, you pointy head green villains, one of you will get a pitchfork up his butt

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think that we can start thinking of interstellar flight after we have travelled beyond the moon. I find it difficult to understand why we have not gone beyond earth's orbit since 1972 (last Apollo mission - Appolo 17) when a lunar rover were landed on the moon and driven by Eugene Cernan. This is assuming of course there was no hoax landing on the Moon.

Even when I hear talks of landing on Mars, I still have difficulty in understanding why not make a start by sending astronauts/cosmonauts back to the moon to test technology. Why this unrealistic approach to only go up to the space station and then somehow one day make a leap and land men on Mars? You would have thought that the practical way to go about this would be to make regular flights to the Moon; even if it meant just going around the Moon and back.

I ,for one, believe that we will be doing interstellar flights at some point in the future. The technology , however, will require a complete breakaway from primitive technology such as burning tons of liquid fuel by the launch rocket.

Once Science finally removes its shackles and explores the "unknown" forces, we will make huge leaps towards this objective of space travel.

Science fiction does turn into reality and it is probably only a matter of time.

edit on 24-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
From what I understand, which is not much, we already have interstellar capability.
Research is funded by corporations and governments have observational role only. Pilots are expendable, but have to undergo some sort of esoteric initiation. Weird Chakra stuff because their heart is involved in the process somehow. Somehow the heart is how they made the bridge to FTL...I don't really understand it.
They also supposedly have LEO and HEO craft. They are the ones that also have what people report as cigar shaped ufos. They aren't ufos, they're us.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If we have interstellar craft, we most certainly got it from aliens, and we are out in our solar system policing the planet. Otherwise we are still a long time away from inventing it. I do think the government may have some secret space ship more advanced than the space shuttle.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WashMoreFeet

Cant really see how the human heart could possibly pertain to FTL travel considering its a pump, nothing more, nothing less.

Energy requirements and material issues aside for a moment i dont even think the ability so sustain high G forces would come into it considering the velocity involved.

Meaning without some form of negative inertia cancellation technology any occupants of any craft traveling at such velocity's in the conventional sense would be reduced to particulate matter.
edit on 24-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm not sure, supposedly it acts like some sort of spark plug. From what i understand, Interstellar travel requires science to incorporate esoteric bruhaha into the equation. Once you reach that level of physics, you are forced to reconcile things that can't be explained, nor understood by conventional scientific method. Most quantum scientists would probably agree, however I don't know any personally so I couldn't say for sure.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

They are "stretched" if that makes any sense. The craft has an extremely pointed front, like a long pole or something.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Joint gov't action taken to avoid asteroid impacts. AIM. Used to change coarse of asteroids before they impact earth. Are currently working on the situation at hand. Link. youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sounds more like esoteric religions practice than science to me in the genera of Pleiadian light ships and such like.

Its not our level of physics that's holding us back its the exponential energy requirements and material issues involved that make FTL travel impractical.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Why should anyone care about that (at least in a positive sense)?
The problems - and the salvation - of humans are not in the stars.

Look inside. Travel there.
There's the cosmos - in a very real sense - that we need to address.
It's cheaper, too.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

When there are 10 billion souls to feed and water on our world i wonder if you will be singing the same tune?

We need to get off this rock, stands to reason. Keeping all our eggs in the same basket can and will have rather final results for our race.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Look, I totally agree with what you're saying. I always said FTL would never be possible because it requires an infinite source of energy and matter can't hold together at that speed. But apparently I was wrong.
I'm still not sure how much I believe, and probably still wouldn't if I hadn't personally met someone involved in it. Not sure how much I was told is true, but without going into personal detail, there was too much weirdness involved to be explained away. I'm sure there are people on this site that know what I'm talking about and understand it much better than I can explain.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Aim and dart , a action of asteroid impact and deflection is NOT intersteller flight. They are just trying to alter a coarse of an asteroid satellite ditty moon in 2021. Why, I do NOT know. Interesting. They have several countries working on this project. Now this is where it gets interesting. Why would they ALL do this IN A joint mission ? They are going to probe it and nuke it , then put a tracking device on it to see if it gets out of orbit with the massive large asteroid. Then they will track it to see where it goes from there. More interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well you are in the correct place to voice any weirdness pertaining to the topic(As long as Slayer69 dont mind). I say fire away buddy, actually quite interested.

By the way the shape of the craft is not the issue, its the gravitational force exerted on any occupants that's the problem.

Meaning any sustained acceleration factor over 1 g is going to cause problems.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Why don't they set up a base on the large asteroid underground? Put electrical power on it with the use of solar panels. There, a natural intersteller flight spacecraft. All they would have to do is figure out how to eat and drink.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well you are in the correct place to voice any weirdness pertaining to the topic(As long as Slayer69 dont mind). I say fire away buddy, actually quite interested.

By the way the shape of the craft is not the issue, its the gravitational force exerted on any occupants that's the problem.

Meaning any sustained acceleration factor over 1 g is going to cause problems.

They already figured that out. Tr3B.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: operayt

Could even use our Moon provided we could achieve the correct thrust.

Dont know how our Earth would react all the same given the lack of tidal force. But as a last chance ditch attempt its closer than any significant sized asteroid.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: operayt

That would indeed be a choice craft but end of the day pics or it did not happen.

TR-3B is about as plausible as Bob Lazar claims the property's of element 115.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join