It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU shock as 'out' vote sweeps 6% ahead!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Polls are as changeable as the wind and as we have learnt over the years not that accurate , until we have a confirmed date for the vote any poll is meaningless.
That being said I believe come the day of the vote it will be a close run thing but think we will stay in the EU , I will be voting to leave.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Certainly the Scottish government is pro EU but not all Scots are pro EU. I am not, for one. I truly hope we have independence one day, independence from UK, the monarchy, EU, UN, NATO, private banking cartels, et all.
We can still trade with the rest of the planet, just not be bossed about by it or scammed by it.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos
Good to hear from a Scot who doesn't drop to their knees with a begging mouth for the EU.
Good luck with your independence ambitions, I hope we both get what we wish for.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The UK being dictated to by Brussels is essentially an enlarged version of Northern UK (or indeed the South of the UK) being dictated to by Westminster.

I envision a UK with States in the next 3 decades... Much fairer.

Why should people in Newcastle have to take the second dish served while Central London profits...

I say this as a Lifelong Londoner.

Something needs to be done.

In case you're wondering screw the EU as well. I see that as a larger version of a problems at home.
I can't wait to vote us out of that bureaucratic bulls#.

edit on 17-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, if you all did vote to leave the EU, how would they keep you in?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

With an invasion of the Isles and WWIII.

And while I'm not a fan of war, that would be worth being conscripted for.

Rule Britannia.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Why just cry tears for 'the north' all the time?
The SW of England is just as removed from Westminster and skint as the north just better weather.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I just used the north as an example...

Same applies to south of London as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
The Scots can vote out and do one from the UK then, won't affect my life, be quite happy to see them go independent

The nationalists like to paint the Scots as different from everybody else, especially the English. However, the British Attitudes Survey shows that actually (surprise, surprise) the Scots and the English, Welsh and Northern Irish have pretty much the same view on things.

When it comes to the European Referendum, the polls (flawed that they are) show marginal differences. Yet if you listen to Salmond and Sturgeon and their ilk, you would be forgiven in thinking that the Scots were an entirely different species.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I'm not sure how. You guys have the only serious army as far as I know aside from the Swiss who are neutral.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well the figures in the Daily Mail last time in the same poll had the in crowd in the lead ot makes a comparison in the article.

A lot of the politicians and big news editors are saying it looks likely to be this Summet so we will have to wait and see.

It certainly looks like all the trickery is now coming together with Cameron's negotiations as suddenly Counties are agreeing although I believe that has been the plan all the tkme make it look difficult what he is asking for so he can come back and say look how well I have done with the hope the gullible will believe it and vote to stay in.

If it carries on until nexy year Im beginning to think the EU will have fallen apart so much all Countries will be begging to leave.

I will vote out. I want to live in a democracy where we vote for laws in our own Country not to be governed from Brussels however, I know it will be difficult at firsf but I am sure as a Country we will deal with it afterall in our history there have been many difficult periods and that is when the really good characteristics of British people has come to forefront.a reply to: AngryCymraeg

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The French mass produce Air Craft Carriers for the likes of Russia, although I think sanctions have put that on hold...
German forces are very efficient...
The likes of Spain & Belgium also...
European armies are not to be scoffed at...

But no, they're not on the level of the British.

Even if they outnumber us 20-1...
It's the size of the fight in the dog, not the size of the dog in the fight.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Double.
edit on 17-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yes I agree. If these polls turn out to be true I think Cameron will delay as well.

Boris will jump ships according to which way the wind blows.

Many dont believe we will be allowed to leave even if we vote to. I think there would be real trouble on the streets if that was the case.

I am really surprised at the likes of Michael Gove now supporting the in crowd as he has always been a Eurosceptic.a reply to: Cobaltic1978

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Oh, I didn't say they didn't have some good forces, but there is a reason why they continually have the US maintain so many bases over there in Europe when we shouldn't have to. We supply their numbers.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A lot of Scottish people arent pro EU though. I have a lot of Scottish friends who voted SNP but want to leave. However, if it forces another referendum for Scotland then so be it. Although I personally dont understand the logic of not wanting to be part of UK because they think London doesnt reflect Scotland's best intetests (which by the way a lot in the North of England feel the same wau) but then wanting to be governed by unelected in Brussels.a reply to: AngryCymraeg

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A lot of Scottish people arent pro EU though. I have a lot of Scottish friends who voted SNP but want to leave. However, if it forces another referendum for Scotland then so be it. Although I personally dont understand the logic of not wanting to be part of UK because they think London doesnt reflect Scotland's best intetests (which by the way a lot in the North of England feel the same wau) but then wanting to be governed by unelected in Brussels.a reply to: AngryCymraeg

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Rule Britannia.

Absolute round objects. An invasion and a war???? Fat chance.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Rule Britannia.

Absolute round objects. An invasion and a war???? Fat chance.

It's the only logical answer to the question we were asked.

I never said it was likely though.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yes it is. I have been going down to Devon and Cornwall since being a child and the changes are astonishing. Torquay in Devon used to be very upmarket these days it is run down with mads unemployment and drug problems. All the rich bankerx etc have priced locals out of the housing market due to 2nd and 3rd homes.

Same with the security risks in the Country at the moment with regards to terrorism all we hear about is that London have thousands more armed Police on the streets its like the rest of the UK doesnt exist.

The biggest bomb to go off on mainland Britain was actually in Manchester so if I was a terrorist I wouldnt head for London I would head for other cities where police numbers have been cut to make sure Londoners habe more to protect them.

Trident is in Scotland and then there is Sellarfield do our politicians not believe these places may be ripe for a terrorists attack!a reply to: grainofsand

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join