It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mrs Obama's $2,095 Dress at the State of the Union Address

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
During the Presidents State of the Union Address he brought up the issue of financial inequality in the USA and we as a nation need to work toward correcting it. (not his exact words)

In this mornings Huffington Post news it stated Mrs Obama's dress is worth $2095.

Am I missing something here!?
edit on 1 13 2016 by bucsarg because: Correction needed.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If I was a designer, I would be sending Mrs. Obama dresses at every chance. It's a huge advertising opportunity. I highly doubt she paid for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That's politicians for you, saying one thing then doing the exact opposite. It's not limited to Obama either.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
If I was a designer, I would be sending Mrs. Obama dresses at every chance. It's a huge advertising opportunity. I highly doubt she paid for it.

Doesn't matter if she rented it or the dress was free; it sends a destructive mixed message.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

As much as I dislike these folks politics etc... They make 400k and more a year. 2k for a dress is pretty low priced for couture.

Even an ass like me sees no problem there. Heck every day gals pay half of that for a silly prom dress. Don't even talk to me about wedding dresses.

2k for the sou speach, I can live with that.
edit on 13-1-2016 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg

Doesn't matter if she rented it or the dress was free; it sends a destructive mixed message.

That she likes to wear pretty dresses?

Are you kidding me. The POTUS makes 500K a year. She can't buy a 2000$ dollar dress without getting a bunch of crap from people?

What a silly thing to complain about all things considering. This is just more of the same, let's bash Obama and his lady for no apparent reason than it's politically acceptable to do so.

Just because she bought a 2000$ dress doesn't make anybody's commitment to solving income inequality is any less serious.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

During the Presidents State of the Union Address he brought up the issue of financial inequality in the USA and we as a nation need to work toward correcting it. (not his exact words)

In this mornings Huffington Post news it stated Mrs Obama's dress is worth $2095.

Am I missing something here!?

Honestly I have come to the conclusion that some members of ATS will literally complain about every and all aspects of the current Presidential Couple.

"Omg the POTUS took a breath, burn him!"

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Welcome to hypocrites anonymous !!!

Watch what I do, but don't do it yourself.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I don't really see a mixed message. The key point Obama was making was that we believe that everyone should get a fair shake not that everyone should be equally successful. It's about guaranteeing the existence of opportunity not ensuring the results.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Would you be happier if she bought her dresses from second hand/used/thrift stores?
I have female friends who pay £1000 for a handbag, what a ridiculous issue to whine about.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

What it demonstrates is just how deep a level some will stoop to FIND destructive messages. Just keep digging and when you find out how much her bra cost, let us know and we will all rise up in revolt and toss off those who promote these vulgar displays of elitist fashion.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Well.......Mrs Obama's dress was an "off the rack" dress that can be purchased HERE, except that it SOLD OUT before the SOTU speech was over!

How's that for economic disparity? Middle class women all over the country wearing the exact dress that FLOTUS wore......

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Just like actresses don't purchase their red carpet designer clothes, often a designer will create something for someone as advertising. I sincerely doubt she bought the dress. My two cents b

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Wait till you hear how much food and unstopping the toilet costs.

The richer you are the more expensive your emergencies are.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

"Let them eat cake!"

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, if she bought it, with money Mr. Obama gave her, and it came from his presidential paycheck......I'm glad to see my hard earned tax dollars being put to good use

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

"Omg the POTUS took a breath, burn him!"

At least tax that breath.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't care what the dress looks like or who the designer is, there isn't a dress in the world that is worth that much money. Hell, hire a local seamstress to make one.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I don't care what the dress looks like or who the designer is, there isn't a dress in the world that is worth that much money. Hell, hire a local seamstress to make one.

Maybe Monica Lewinsky's ?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Welcome to hypocrites anonymous !!!

Watch what I do, but don't do it yourself.

Leadership by example.This is a perfect example of hypocrisy. The POTUS JUST spoke about how poor we are, and how income levels are so down, and that be-YATCH spends that kind of jack on a friggin dress?????? What a slap in the face to the American people!!!!

"Many Americans are still feeling the squeeze of an economy too weak to raise income levels. We're feeling a crushing national debt, a health care plan that has made insurance less affordable and doctors less available, and chaotic unrest in many of our cities.

source

First, how do we give everyone a fair shot at opportunity and security in this new economy?

Anyone claiming that America’s economy is in decline is peddling fiction. Now...

But after years of record corporate profits, working families won’t get more opportunity or bigger paychecks just by letting big banks or big oil or hedge funds make their own rules at everybody else’s expense.

source

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join