It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kylo ren(star wars)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So Rey being Luke's daughter seems too obvious..

Any chance she's related to Obi wan Kenobi?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
So Rey being Luke's daughter seems too obvious..

Any chance she's related to Obi wan Kenobi?

That's quite possible.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I think JJ is going for the obvious. He wants to the movie to be as easy as possible to follow because it's made with children in mind, you know Disney and all.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I imagine Luke being lazy at a cantina over in some lame planet and had a kid he ran away from/didn't know about until later.

The backstory on the origin of darkness in Kylo ren should be great.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

I get the idea that Luke was raising her and when Ben started killing the Jedis he sent her away to protect her. Her care taker was the alien that she turned scraps in for rations. He was supposed to be her guardian but clearly he did the bare minimum to keep her alive. She basically grew up alone and counting on no one but herself.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Cant see it,

if that were true wouldn't Kylo Ren have known he was fighting his own sister???

I think she is Luke's child and started her Jedi training very young (like Annakin) but when kylo Ren went all postal, Luke blocked her memories, and sent her to live on that dessert planet,

when you think about it, the first movie is setting this up, also Luke gave her a look at the end which to me was a "glad your alive" look,

the only other person who could be her family is Obi Wan, and she is grand daughter, but that (in my mind) is a cheap writing skill,

think of this: The last 6 movies have revolved around the skywalker family, why would this on be any different?, it works, and fans love the family story

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

I don't think she would be Obi's kid because Jedi's weren't allowed to marry or have sex. Luke put an end to that nonsense once he started the school back up.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Also,

I love this theory, (not about the film)

but the whole story:

George Lucas quite naturally believes that he wrote "Starwars", when, in reality, he was told telepathically what to write in the original first three Episodes (4-6), by the very "Force" to which the films refer, and was "forced" to make only episodes 4-6, first, as a very important step in the preparation of mankind for the long-awaited TRUTH, about the real reasons for human life on Earth the meaning of life and its purpose,

Souce

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Where are you taking us?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Where are you taking us?

To a galaxy far far away.........

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I need an adult!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i like the theory of luke being rey's father.
the memory scene showed her being left on dakku. never says by who

i like it

im going to get the book too. i need to know more.
swills do you know what book the next movie is going to be based off? i want to read that too

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What you are seeing is a character in transition to the Dark Side, he has not been fully swayed which is why he needed to Han to 'help' him. The scene where he is speaking to the mask makes this clear when he says he can still feel the pull of the Light.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
swills do you know what book the next movie is going to be based off? i want to read that too

It is not being based off of any book. They are using a treatment that Abrams and Kasdan wrote that Rian Johnson has turned into a screenplay. The novelization will come out the same time as the next film.

All reports are that the screenplay is even better than the previous one.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

thanks for the info.
have you read the force awakens? any info thats not in the movie? worth reading

kylo being in transition makes sense. im coming to terms with it.
my fault for just assuming he was going to be some vader caliber mofo.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
thanks for the info.
have you read the force awakens? any info thats not in the movie? worth reading

Yes. Between that and the screenplay you get to see some of the subtleties that Abrams used in the film during certain scenes. Particularly the scenes where Rey finds the saber, where she fights Kylo and the final scene.

kylo being in transition makes sense. im coming to terms with it.
my fault for just assuming he was going to be some vader caliber mofo.

Flawed characters are always more interesting. He has a good deal of internal conflict and it make the character more interesting.

edit on 10-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: boymonkey74

I hate to be a party popper but she's a he. Originally they wanted him to be a her but soon realized people always associated droids with the masculine. Can you think of a female droid in the Star Wars universe? I've only watched these 7 films and read one expanded universe book, which Chewie died in by a Moon falling on him (I think).

Had to double check and i was right in remembering a female voiced protocol droid TC-14 [phantom menace]

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kountzero

So is PZ-4CO who appears in a scene along with Billie Fisher, Carrie's daughter, in the current film.

edit on 10-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah i must have missed that one, only been a week since i saw it at the cinema. Must be an age thing

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

JJ knew not to over do the CGI and relied mostly on practical effects.

And film. The use of actual film also contributes heavily to it having the look of the first movies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join