It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kylo ren(star wars)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
gonna be spoilers below so be warned.

i just got back from seeing it in 3d. first let me say the 3d was awesome. im so glad i paid way too much to see it that way.
overall i thought the movie was pretty damn good. very good effects. pretty solid acting from the actors who played rey and finn. i was not sure about finn from the trailers and little comments i read but i liked him.
he had some humour.
bb8 was cool.
some pretty sweet new characters.
maz kanata and of course rey.

the movies leaves with her handing luke his sabre. kylo ren is going back for a spanking from snoke.
i am hoping the next movie develops reys character into a bad ass jedi trained by luke.
ren will be back as will as an unnamed villian played by benecio del toro.
so i am hoping for a big face off in that one between rey and kylo.

kylo said that rey is very strong but does not know how strong she is.
she has had no training and she was already able to convince a trooper to let her go and she resisted kylo.

ok.
the complaining part.
why do they give us these sith, dark side dudes that are little baby bitches?
look at anakin. he was a total punk. crying all the time. killing the younglings. crying some more.

then we have kylo. i really wanted him to be a bad ass mofo but we got the same thing.

he killed han. that was the only kick ass dark side thing he did really.
he was crying when he was talking to han.
he was crying when rey resisted him.
then he gets tuned up by rey and finn who have not had any training at all.

his sabre was slick. his voice was slick. his mask was slick. i walked in thinking i was gonna get a guy that was on par with vader. if not vader i was thinking we would at least get a bad ass like darth maul(killed qui gon jin)
we got none of that.
no yoda and a bitch ass sith/new order whatever.

overall i did like the movie a lot. im a fan for life no matter what. it never goes the exact way i want it to but theyre always good.

im glad i didnt go out and by kylo ren # before seeing the flick.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

He will be more bad ass in the next movie.
He has more training to go through.
We are seeing the evolution of his character in the 3 films.
I chuffing hate him he killed my real Dad.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I think as his character develops more he will become stronger and more "bad ass".

As stated in the film by snoke, his training is not yet complete and part of it was what he did/didn't have the power to do (you know what I'm talking about).

Aside from that his backstory makes him out to be quite the powerful sith having caused so much trouble to Luke and his apprentices;
so I think he will simply continue to develop into the character we all want him to be.

If anything it's a good portrait of the weakness that is the dark side, which is essentially living by your most selfish and base emotions among other things.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I really like this movie also. My only problem is that Abrams played it safe with the movie. There are several parallels to A New Hope ex: Info hidden inside a droid, son/father conflict, older man helps the heroes then gets killed in front of them, lonely person on a desert plant who's a scavenger and learns that they are powerful. There are other parallels but they don't come to mind right now. The Prequels were crap; except for the last one. I think Revenge of the Sith is excellent!! Lucas took risks and didn't just play it safe.

I still loved the Force Awakens. A fan for life.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I was mad at how they killed Han.

Everyone knows you don't talk down the one everyone knows will be the villain in the next two movies. I understand that's meta for the audience, but c'mon JJ, you can't really play that for tension as well because the audience knows that about Kylo. There is no suspense there to be built. Han was NOT going to talk Kylo down, but JJ tried to make it an Oscar clip anyhow.

JJ should have looked for something much more surprising as a means of killing Han.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I watched this movie in 3d just the other day. I was a great film but regurgitated plots. I was expecting something fresh in the storyline. The stormtrooper guy that crossed over was cool.
Gonna have to pull out the D20 RPG books out of the wardrobe.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have a prediction for the next movie:

***SPOILERS***

Rey is Kylo Ren's sister, Leia and Han's daughter. It would explain why Kylo offered to train her near the end of the movie and how Han seemed to show up on the Millennium Falcon just in time to meet Rey, he was looking for her.

Just an idea I've been having. Star Wars seems to be pretty big into revealing family members as its big plot twists. Either Kylo and Rey are siblings or Rey is Luke's daughter, which would explain why Luke's lightsaber was calling her.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Han and Chewie were looking for the Millennium Falcon.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Movie was awesome but it's not perfect, nothing is. I loved all the characters and the new twist of a stormtrooper renouncing the only thing he knew. It was great to learn he worked in sanitation, which was funny because when he told Han this we all thought back to the garbage compactor scene. This explains why he lost it when he saw the massacre and chose to leave, asap! I love our new female badass jedi who I'm positive is Luke's daughter and I love BB8. R2D2, C3PO, and BB8 is gonna be so much awesome in the next two films.

As far as our new bad guy, he's a badass but obviously still conflicted as seen by our giant hologram dark overload who is worried about the light that still resides in him. Because of who his parents are the kids gotta a lot of light in him to overcome. And that's why he's upset, he did just kill his father hoping it would lead him straight to the dark side, but it didn't. I'm sure he'll continue to work overtime being the new Vader but I'm guessing we're gonna see him rejoin his family in the last movie.

I'm gonna pick up the novel form of this movie to get more details because there are a lot of questions that need answers. For instance, at the end when R2D2 suddenly woke up and presented the map with BB8 joining in, why did he just wake up? Did Luke set a timer or somehow use the force? Well, what happened was, and wasn't in the movie, BB8 started talking with R2D2 about the map and that's when he woke up. This information is in the book but I'm sure we'll see a deleted scene in the directors cut.
edit on 9-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I gotta say I love BB8 even more than r2

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Don't feel bad. Harrison wanted Han to die in the Return of the Jedi but Lucas was against it and wanted a happy ending. Probably to sell more toys. So I'm sure Harrison pushed for Han's death this time knowing JJ would agree.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I only know Han Solo don't know who this Harrison dude is

(It's all real like my Dad said in the film....all of it).

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

JJ just followed Lucas's same method of paralleling the prequels with the original trilogy. Besides the awful acting and terrible story/script, what killed the prequels was the horrible saturation of CGI. JJ knew not to over do the CGI and relied mostly on practical effects.

So with this movie, he made it for the fans keeping everything the same while at the same time changing everything. Quite brilliantly too.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I will hurt you. No one is better than R2D2. That said, I love me some BB8. I'm so damn excited to see those 3 droids interact with each other.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I see, I see. I'm sure Chewie will pour out some liquor for his fallen besty!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I think BB8 is a girl and will have a robot wedding to R2 imagine the babies

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

In that case, Luke's daughter!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I hate to be a party popper but she's a he. Originally they wanted him to be a her but soon realized people always associated droids with the masculine. Can you think of a female droid in the Star Wars universe? I've only watched these 7 films and read one expanded universe book, which Chewie died in by a Moon falling on him (I think).

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Nah she felt like a girl robot.
Maybe a trans gender robot

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I support his right to be a her.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join