It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kylo ren(star wars)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My favorite was when Luke and Emo Kylo were having a Twitter war and Luke said, "I never saw my dad and when I finally met him, he cut off my hand!"

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
my biggest gripe is Chewie when Han was killed. yeah he was pissed and practically nut shotted kylo. gets him in the flank instead. but I'm hoping the prior was where he was aiming. but i would have liked to see more wookie rage at that monent. some epic scene where chewie is body slamming stormtroopers, picking them up by their necks and tossing them off the bridge. maybe use one of the stormtroopers like a pair of nunchuks.
edit on 10-1-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
thanks for all the help.

gonna start with the force awakens since i just watched it.
then gonna read the old republic series then go onto the novelizations of ep1-6

thats a good start

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i think the thrawn book's were the best. but i agree that was a bitch move Ruhk! in the back!?! don't you see! it was all done so artfully!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

There is a cut scene where he rips off an arm or two.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

what! that shoulda stayed in the movie. can I watch it somewhere! that's the kinda wookie rage I'm talking about. a example of when Han warns to let the wookie win, he's been known to tear off limbs.
edit on 10-1-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I went and saw this movie for a second time yesterday. Something that I missed the first time around is when Kylo Ren is interrogating Rey, he reads her mind (or tries) and he says something to the affect of "I see an island in vast ocean". This vision he saw in her mind was of Luke Skywalker's hiding spot. So, one can assume from that statement that Rey has been to that planet before...and likely received Jedi training from Skywalker at a young age.

What does this mean? I don't know, but that line was spoken for a reason. Theories? Lukes daughter? Han & Leia's? Immaculate conception?

Also, I noticed at the Rebel Base, there was a female in the background who was wearing her hair in buns. I thought she looked a LOT like a young Princes Leia. Well, it turns out that the girl is Carrie Fisher's daughter in real life. I wonder if this aspect will develop into any sort of plot line.

Photo of her

Anyhow, I have more that I am mulling over and will post them as I complete my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Well, it turns out that the girl is Carrie Fisher's daughter in real life. I wonder if this aspect will develop into any sort of plot line.

Photo of her

Anyhow, I have more that I am mulling over and will post them as I complete my thoughts.

Casting her was a favor to Carrie Fisher, I do not think she will have a consequential role in the upcoming films.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The entire Star Wars expanded universe has been thrown out when Disney bought the rights so the next book about the next movie will be out when the movie comes out?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I went and saw this movie for a second time yesterday. Something that I missed the first time around is when Kylo Ren is interrogating Rey, he reads her mind (or tries) and he says something to the affect of "I see an island in vast ocean". This vision he saw in her mind was of Luke Skywalker's hiding spot. So, one can assume from that statement that Rey has been to that planet before...and likely received Jedi training from Skywalker at a young age.

What does this mean? I don't know, but that line was spoken for a reason. Theories? Lukes daughter? Han & Leia's? Immaculate conception?

Also, I noticed at the Rebel Base, there was a female in the background who was wearing her hair in buns. I thought she looked a LOT like a young Princes Leia. Well, it turns out that the girl is Carrie Fisher's daughter in real life. I wonder if this aspect will develop into any sort of plot line.

Photo of her

could it be a situation where she had that memory/image of the planet because luke was there and luke is her father. you know luke kind of using the force to show rey where he was?

kylo did train with luke for a while but not on the planet luke was on in the movie

starwars.wikia.com...

Kylo Ren was a Force-sensitive human male who trained as a Jedi pupil under Jedi Master Luke Skywalker before turning to the dark side of the Force and joining the Knights of Ren. He was born with the name Ben to Princess Leia Organa and the smuggler Han Solo. In his youth, he displayed traits similar to that of his grandfather, Anakin Skywalker, who had turned to the dark side and became the Sith Lord Darth Vader. Ben, who was sent by Organa to be trained by his uncle, fell under the influence of Supreme Leader Snoke of the First Order and destroyed the new generation of Jedi that Luke Skywalker was training. Skywalker vanished, while Ben took the name Kylo Ren and served the First Order. His goal was to complete what Darth Vader once started and destroy the Jedi.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

From what I gathered Rey has a for sure affiliation with Luke, whether she is his daughter or not, she is drawn to him somehow, or Luke is using Jedi mind tricks to lure her to him.

The first clue is how she is oblivious to the outside world on the planet she so desperately wants to stay on, and thinks Jedi were nothing more than a myth, let alone knowing who Luke Skywalker was.
Second clue is her having almost absolutely no recollection of her past, and she has seemingly no knowledge to why she has a need to stay on the planet.
As the movie progresses, she learns why.
Third is the calling from Luke saber, if you remember back in the original 4.5.6 there is a scene where Obi Wan scares off sand people, with a Jedi scream type thing, it kind of reminded me that, was Luke making that noise?

Fourth is the flash backs or predictions in the future, powerful Jedi can predict the future, or see peoples past, you can clearly see Luke giving R2 details to his whereabouts, and it's not really revealed in the movies, but I dug a little and found out in the books Luke went off to train a new order of Jedi, that fell through, with Kylo Ren being one of his students who betrayed him, and you see this betrayal, but there is something interesting as well.
Rey gets some of her memory back with a glimpse of someone leaving her behind, and will come back for her later. (remember this part)

Finally, we have Ren opening Rey's mind, and her ability to bring out the force mentally and physically. He does this when he attempts to tap into her mind, and finally when they duel it out in the forest, in the movies they don't mention this, but in the books Rey is in a constant struggle between the light and dark side, to the point where she almost kills Ren, this is a trait we have seen before, Anakin? Luke? Kylo Ren? Rage and inner fights seem to be a thing in that blood line.

With Rey knowing she has the force in her, she is determined and almost compelled to find Luke. And it's all coming back to her now.
Remember how Rey was left on a desert planet, almost isolated away from everything? So was luke.
Remember how Rey was good with droids, and seemed to have no parents? So did Luke.

My theory.
Luke started his new Jedi order, but it was torn apart when the dark side started to infiltrate some of his padawans, Kylo Ren is evidence for this. Luke out of desperation to save some of his young apprentices scattered them all over the galexy, using his mind tricks to wipe their memory clean, Rey was one of those young ones, and obviously is somehow tied to him in on way or more than just a young padawan.
edit on 10-1-2016 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2016 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

My theory.
Luke started his new Jedi order, but it was torn apart when the dark side started to infiltrate some of his padawans, Kylo Ren is evidence for this. Luke out of desperation to save some of his young apprentices scattered them all over the galexy, using his mind tricks to wipe their memory clean, Rey was one of those young ones, and obviously is somehow tied to him in on way or more than just a young padawan.

nice.
makes sense.
rey was left on jakku by unnamed people. you probably got it right.

i have a question for all of you.
anakins mom, shmi became pregnant by the force. an immaculate conception kind of deal. is that the only time in the star wars universe that has ever happened.

something in the movie is bothering me. they said that r2 was in a power reserve mode since luke split. at the end out of nowhere he just came back to life and showed the map.
what made him come to life all of a sudden?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Problems. Leia looked old. That's because she is. Her character was convincingly evolved. On the onther hand, Han Solo at age 73 and showing it, struggles to play the young man he was 38 years ago. His character should also be evolved. As an 73 year old man playing a space pirate / bounty hunter, he should be trickier, fight dirtier, etc. Instead they cast him into the swashbuckling image. That was a noticeable fail. He simply lacks the youth in real life to pull it off and you can really hear it in his strained lines. The village slaughter scene is where Kylo shows mastery in the sith bad ass ways. He force grabs and interrogates a villager while being shot at with a plasma rifle from his blind side and doesn't even turn to look but freezes the plasma bolt in mid air and continues to interrogate the villager because he is a bad ass. The bolt stays frozen and only lets up when he goes to board the ship. He doesn't even turn to look. After this scene, he starts to fight like a beginner with a sparkler. Even a single storm trooper whirling a light saber can hold his own against him. Also. When he removed his mask, you get some emo dweeb that looks like he belongs in a Harry Potter movie. Not a scar on his face or sign of strain loss of soul after slaughtering so many people. And once again, we find a fail with Han and the light saber death. Han is the king of scams he knows a bad deal he knows a con job, because he is all of those things. Han would never be that stupid. What a freaken lame way to go. Bad writing. Death Star 2.0 destroys several planets and species in the blink of an eye. I don't think enough emotional Gravity was expressed here with what happened. I wasn't convinced through the actors that remained that several worlds full of living begins / friends / family / etc was just destroyed.

Star Wars was written by a man that researched the code and fighting style of samurai, echoed real world political struggles and spent hours studying with philosophy giant, Joseph Campbell. These are just a few factors that make the story he wrote so great. We know that Abrams is rewriting / creating his own version of what he thinks Star Wars should be. The movie was a rip with plot holes. We'll see if Abrams is even in the same league of story telling in the next movie or if it's more COPY AND PASTE.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If Rey is Luke's daughter, wouldn't Kylo know or recognise her?

He was trained by Luke, so if she was also trained by Luke, when did that happen?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argosnaut
We know that Abrams is rewriting / creating his own version of what he thinks Star Wars should be. The movie was a rip with plot holes. We'll see if Abrams is even in the same league of story telling in the next movie or if it's more COPY AND PASTE.

You do know that Lawrence Kasdan, who co-wrote Episodes V and VI, also co-wrote the new trilogy? Also, Rian Johnson, and not Abrams, is directing the next two films.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm curious about Poe Dameron ... with those mad flying skills is he potential Jedi material? Or could he be a relation to Boba Fett?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes

I'm curious about Poe Dameron ... with those mad flying skills is he potential Jedi material? Or could he be a relation to Boba Fett?

No, according to the new canon:

He was born the son of Lieutenant Shara Bey and Sergeant Kes Dameron of the Alliance to Restore the Republic... Source

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Technically, in the books, just because one isn't a Jedi, or Force User, doesn't mean they don't have some "focusing" Force ability that helps one be good at something. Basically, a good pilot may "use the Force", just passively vs. actively, to be a really great pilot.

he killed han. that was the only kick ass dark side thing he did really.
he was crying when he was talking to han.
he was crying when rey resisted him.
then he gets tuned up by rey and finn who have not had any training at all.

First, he's still in training, so kind of like Anakin in the second prequel movie.
Next, we know he is still kind of conflicted, light side/dark side at this time.
Finally, he just got shot with a weapon that sent others flying back 20 feet, so the fact that he's still fighting at all, is pretty impressive. The only reason Finn isn't dead (and he was mostly dead), and Rey isn't, is because they fought him while he was severely wounded.

In the next movie, he removed the obstacle (Dad) and should now be fully blown dark side, as well as better trained. Likewise though, no doubt Rey will be trained by Luke too.

Seeing as how the films have ALWAYS centered around the Skywalker bloodline, seems pretty easy to assume Rey is Luke's kid. That's why the lightsaber called to her. That's why R2-D2 came back online, and that's why Luke has that look on his face at the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join