It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't law enforcement at least secure the Malheur site?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I really think they are just going to leave. They are in an isolated area and law enforcement has not seen it useful to force a confrontation.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Exactly.

Law enforcement is smart to just observe, but otherwise not contact them and give them an excuse to start something that will, in all probability, end in disaster.

Here is an extreme example of waiting someone out in an armed standoff; ironically, this 15-year standoff ended a couple of days ago...

TRINIDAD, Texas – After almost 15 years, what is believed to be the longest armed standoff in American history quietly came to a peaceful close Wednesday.

"Being a peace officer, you do have some emotions — that you would like to see him brought before court and the case tried — but on the other hand, was it worth all that it might have cost to do that?" said Henderson County Sheriff Ray Nutt.

Nutt said he didn't go get Gray because deputies could have died.

LINK
edit on 9-1-2016 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

have they opened the schools yet, or should they keep them closed for the next 15 years while these guys enjoy free rent on the taxpayer's expense?

if they want to occupy the place that's one thing, but they should be just coming and going as they please. seal them off and if they start complaining that they are hungry, drop them a supply of mre's if that ain't good enough for them what the heck they have guns and they are on a wildlife preserve, they can go shoot them a couple ducks.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well we learned how stuff can go down hill fast like Waco. Branch Dividians had kids too they were all killed by the fire from the raid. Let those idiots sit and stew. After they run out of food they will disperse cause they are a bunch of morons. Why send in law enforcement they WANT a confrontation. Why gove it to them.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Letting them come and go is ridiculous. I can understand not trying to charge in and apprehend them, but they should be stuck in that building. No food, no water, no electricity, no heat. If they leave, arrest them. Otherwise leave them in the building.

They should have three options. Life stuck in that building, life in federal prison, or death.
edit on 9-1-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The smartest thing these guys could do is give up. The only thing they're accomplishing with this foolishness is making people who are critical of the government look dangerous.

I will not endorse this. This is a dangerous situation and these people are crazy.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
LOL Well if they are coming and going as they please, and no one is trying to stop, or arrest them then they are not occupying anything, they are just very vocal and publicized repeat visitors.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Letting them come and go is ridiculous. I can understand not trying to charge in and apprehend them, but they should be stuck in that building. No food, no water, no electricity, no heat. If they leave, arrest them. Otherwise leave them in the building.

They should have three options. Life stuck in that building, life in federal prison, or death.

That is what they want. They think they are martyrs for a cause. By ignoring them it has destroyed refashions between several of these groups of nutters and humiliated them because they have been treated as irrelevant. As the media dwindles and they have no mission they will at some point slink home in embarrassment. And nobody will pay them any attention again. When you dealing with stupid people, you just let them go ahead and let them make fools of themselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think that any law enforcement people want another Waco.

I think that law enforcement will just ignore them until they all have to go home to their families and jobs.

What can law enforcement do ? If they go in they know it will be a gun fight. People will be killed and for what?

I think they will just wait them out.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
That is what they want. They think they are martyrs for a cause. By ignoring them it has destroyed refashions between several of these groups of nutters and humiliated them because they have been treated as irrelevant. As the media dwindles and they have no mission they will at some point slink home in embarrassment. And nobody will pay them any attention again. When you dealing with stupid people, you just let them go ahead and let them make fools of themselves.

Perhaps, usually I feel like we should just let a lot of things slide. I can't get past the idea that these people should be in prison though. If it was just an isolated incident I probably wouldn't feel that way but this is a direct response to these people getting away with what they did on the Bundy Ranch. We have a big problem with these militia groups and every time we let them go it's just going to embolden them.

Maybe you're right about taking action now, but I still feel like when all is said and done these people need to be apprehended and thrown in prison. If that takes a year or two for them to leave, disperse, and each be grabbed individually then so be it but that should be the end result.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

That sounds very much like last Thanksgiving at my Dad's house. As long as the Feds don't attack, and they won't, there will be no bloodshed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join