It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran School Has 'Barbie Burning' To Stick It To America:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Schoolgirls Burn Barbie Dolls in “Death to America” Protest

They look just like normal school girls. Wearing black chadors over pink manteaux and headscarves, they stand around the yard gazing at a tin can marked “Death to America.” A fire is burning inside the tin.

One by one, the girls approach the fire. With a show of fury and hate, they snap the heads of the dolls off and throw them into the fire. The camera comes to rest on a school official, who holds her chador tightly around her face. “Barbie is a propaganda agent for Western culture,” she says. “So they are destroying the dolls in this ceremony.”

The schoolgirls throw the rest of the Barbie doll bodies into the fire. As a reward for their actions, they are given dolls with covered hair. The national TV news program 20:30 broadcasts a short clip of the ceremony, which took place at a school near Tehran.

Barbie dolls are very popular in Iran, and it is not the first time that they have been called a symbol of Western cultural invasion. On January 20, 2012 the national police force warned toy shops that it was an offence to sell Barbies and that those businesses caught selling them would be forced to close and the proprietors punished. “Tehran’s Public Places Police will carry out an operation to seize Barbie dolls across the city,” reported Mehr News Agency at the time. “The declared goal is to counter Western symbols, which promote moral laxity.”

“Up to now, the police have closed the shutters of at least 20 toy shops selling Barbie dolls,” the news agency reported, quoting an informed source.

The police operation followed the introduction of a new generation of made-in-Iran “Sara and Dara” dolls. According to Mohammad-Bagher Adousi, who at the time was the cultural deputy at the Institute for the Intellectual Development of Children and Young Adults, these dolls were not produced to counter Barbie dolls, but to make dolls inspired by authentic Iranian traditions available to children. Adousi also said that the ban on selling Barbie dolls was necessary because the toys set bad moral examples.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sigh!..only six or seven days into the New Years and the silly season is in effect, really Iran?? there is nothing more pending than dolls?? burning Barbie and having kids inhaling toxic fumes while shouting death to American because your local toys sucs and no one wanted to buy that crap, so can't compete just closed down stores that sells Barbie.
Death To America

Madtv

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You know, the act would be rediculous and humorous if the tenants of their faith didn't turn them into potential martyrs willing to be consumed by fire while taking innocent lives with them, unfortunately many have more in common with the burning barbies then the rest of everyday humanity, including peaceful Muslims.
edit on 7-1-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Why would they even have Barbies? Another question, do they burn Ken too? And how does THAT whole Barbie and Ken thing go down in the ME, I mean the mind just literally boggles.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Quite right too.
If they're not Americans, owning Barbie dolls is cultural appropriation.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Seriously ? Does this piece of news deserves it's own thread? Some girls burning their dolls ? Wow,ATS reminds me more and more of The Daily Fail. Jesus #ing Christ
edit on 7-1-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What part of parody, don't people understand.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Best propaganda for the day I expect. And what do people in the West expect? Iran, like all the miserable islamic countries is ruled by clerics who, like early christians I would add, love to see people miserable and obedient to their whims and these clerics backed by their own police force can deal punishment publicly whenever they want.
Prime example of cleric hate is forcing little girls to burn their dollies and brainwashing them to hate some of their dollies.

Lets face it burning dolls in comparison to crucifying someone who gives king saud the birdie - small fry if you're honest!

Iranians are hard working and education there is for both men and women plus as a race they are very innovative - copy dollies. They have survived the most ferocious American sought sanctions against them, so for them not to have some form of dislike for what they naturally perceive as bullying saudi and israeli lackies would be unnatural.

When has Iran harmed the West unlike the sly religious war the saudi's have launched or their likely involvement in 9/11 or indeed the arrogant disregard for international laws the israeli's have. People forget there is a strong, but minority Jewish presence there treated in a very different way to the Palestinians.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Come back Hitler, all is forgiven.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Seriously ? Does this piece of news deserves it's own thread? Some girls burning their dolls ? Wow,ATS reminds me more and more of The Daily Fail. Jesus #ing Christ

At the behest of adults especially dudes with beards, it is the same poisoning of the minds like our fundamentalist over in the states have for anything Muslim .

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

They look just like normal school girls. Wearing black chadors over pink manteaux and headscarves, they stand around the yard gazing at a tin can marked “Death to America.”

Lol. That seems super normal.

I have no idea what a chador is, no idea what a manteaux is, but I know what a headscarf is and I think it's gross.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You guys need to give your heads a firm shake and sort yourselves out.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Best propaganda for the day I expect. And what do people in the West expect? Iran, like all the miserable islamic countries is ruled by clerics who, like early christians I would add, love to see people miserable and obedient to their whims and these clerics backed by their own police force can deal punishment publicly whenever they want.
Prime example of cleric hate is forcing little girls to burn their dollies and brainwashing them to hate some of their dollies.

Lets face it burning dolls in comparison to crucifying someone who gives king saud the birdie - small fry if you're honest!

Iranians are hard working and education there is for both men and women plus as a race they are very innovative - copy dollies. They have survived the most ferocious American sought sanctions against them, so for them not to have some form of dislike for what they naturally perceive as bullying saudi and israeli lackies would be unnatural.

When has Iran harmed the West unlike the sly religious war the saudi's have launched or their likely involvement in 9/11 or indeed the arrogant disregard for international laws the israeli's have. People forget there is a strong, but minority Jewish presence there treated in a very different way to the Palestinians.

Thank you for posting this response Shiloh!

So much truth wrapped in this that it put a smile on my face.

This is a wonderful piece of propaganda to continue the half a century worth of crap spewed by our media about how much of a threat Iran is to America, I mean Christ they are burning BARBIES!

It is a funny thing when Americans will rally behind a doll that has exploited, if not created, most of the insecurities that has plagued generations of women in the good old US of A.

I mean this country is deluded enough to make the freaking barbie doll a model for Sports Illustrated, I remember when this was pointed out to me and I simply could not believe it till I saw it. It is disgusting, yet somehow normal in this strange culture.
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amThursday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

The title was too much mate ...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

The title was too much mate ...

Not mine the link had it.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

See - trying to start inter-racial wars !!

Pfft !

Peel me another Prawn !

Barbie ?
Is that short for Barbarian ?

Just wondering ...
edit on 7-1-2016 by Timely because: the above reason for edit

edit on 7-1-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Why would they even have Barbies? Another question, do they burn Ken too? And how does THAT whole Barbie and Ken thing go down in the ME, I mean the mind just literally boggles.

Because there is no such thing as a true ban.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, even sending them Barbie Dolls is a microaggresion unless she was Arabic/Persian looking and drabed in a burka or other garb deemed appropriately modest by Islamic standards.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

See - trying to start inter-racial wars !!

Pfft !

Peel me another Prawn !

Barbie ?
Is that short for Barbarian ?

Just wondering ...

I want to stop one Timely, hoping our crazy fundies and theirs can dial some of the toxic and ridiculous speech and actions back.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Fundies and spiflamagories to you too !

Run with it !

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Sorry,took your prior post the wrong way ...

Agreed - we are allseeking the same truths - some just want to change the answers ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join