It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the astral plane artificial?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Teratoma

Well......

As I will be dead one day I want to know now what the astral world is about. So it's not just a big question hanging somewhere out there. To me it's really pragmatic to research it, hence me trying to astral project.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Qote from Anonentity:

"What is consciousness? it is unquestionably the ability to observe. What are we observing,? information of an electromagnetic nature, which builds a reality. Why are we not chaotic quivering heaps with information overload? because the information is being filtered through our senses, so it is only relevant to our personal niche. So are we actually being trained , for the main event when the filter is removed"

I agree. According to some our brains do Fourier translations to see/hear/feel/smell/taste what we do. It's all EM waves.
Actually the other day saw something on Discovery Science about magnetic repulsion beeing the key to not falling through the floor (as an example).

edit on 12-1-2016 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I thoroughly agree with both of you. And for sure, my little disclaimer was all about supporting the continuous asking/pragmatic research of those questions!

Quite a bit of what QueenofWeird has been saying is congruous with my current curiosities, especially the whole technology-based aspect.

A friend of mine used to put it in a way that wouldn't be as easy for him to illustrate without sci-fi like 1983's "Brainstorm" and 1999's "The Matrix" making giant chunks of it more understandable:

He would first ask you if you believed that some day, we would develop technology that could fool the consciousness into believing 100% that it was experiencing something other than *reality*. This simulation would be so much like the real thing, that it would have the capacity for an infinite number of recurring loops. I.e., the simulated people would eventually make simulations too, and so on, etc.

Given time, this is certainly what would happen - we have shown that we have an interest in developing VR technology, so there is no reason an exact simulation wouldn't do the same thing.

SO - only part of the above represents a "leap of faith". That being, we know this tech doesn't exist currently, but seeing its development from concept, to *wherever you understand it to be* now - you *believe* it will someday. That's the 'faith-based' part of this theory.

If you don't believe it's possible, the rest is moot. If you do, however:

Statistically, the odds that we are the original OR ANYWHERE NEAR the first or second or even 10 Million sims deep are quite low - considering the simulation can simulate itself infinitely.

Anyone who answers 'yes' to the first question - especially those of a scientific mind - MUST consider the unlikelihood of any of this being 'real'.

Also, we have no way of knowing if we're exactly like the thing we are simulating, or if we're the equivalent of a pixelated Mario in a world that is just as dumbed-down as the first Donkey Kong is to us. Or how about TRON?

Quote from Anonentity:
"So are we actually being trained , for the main event when the filter is removed?"

Trained? Schooled? Punished? Is it like an obstacle course our "higher selves" run through? An amusement park? A video game? Or a recreational drug experience, and reincarnation is a symptom of some kind of cosmic addiction?
edit on 1/12/2016 by Teratoma because: TIME TRAVEL HICCUP. MOVE ALONG.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If the astral is a second level reality, I think it has been made by someone as maybe an experiment. Or to collect data. Now where would this simulator be? I guess somewhere it can't be tampered with.

Furthermore, I think that the astral is a perfect duplicate of here, plus the "astrals". Objects aren't solid because it would take too much computing and also doesn't resemble what the astrals remember. It isn't neccessary, so in the astral you fly through stars for example.

Now, what about ghost sightings here? Maybe they're duplicates of there projected into here. So lets say A sees a ghost. A dies and meets the ghost. Both remember the same. But A saw the duplicate of the ghost and the ghost saw the duplicate of A.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

I've thought about your question a lot since you first asked it. I haven't read every post of late and was following along at first, but here is what I would answer. I don't think it was artificial when it formed but over time, and especially since the advent of computer technology, the lower realms are artificially manipulated to a great degree.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I've thought about your question a lot since you first asked it. I haven't read every post of late and was following along at first, but here is what I would answer. I don't think it was artificial when it formed but over time, and especially since the advent of computer technology, the lower realms are artificially manipulated to a great degree.

You really need to explain that

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I also wonder whether we can "give matter" to ghosts via a better version of Xbox Kinect. Now we only have stick people. But the fact that we get these stick people could by the way also seen as proof that they are being projected from the astral plane.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

I will. I'll be back later.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
On the subject of ghosts/spirits, it has occurred to me before that their actual appearance might be a result of glitch in the system, and that in some cases we might be perceiving the astral bodies of people who are dreaming (and accidently traveling OBE) or perhaps deliberately astral projecting, but not putting any energy or thought into their 'residual self image', probably since they don't expect to be seen!

Except they are sometimes seen. By people who's minds are in the half awake/asleep dream state (or any number of other possible variations thereof.)

...So what is observed appears 'otherworldly.'

After many dreams about flying over my city, or drifting through houses, I began to feel that these experiences could not easily be dismissed as simply dreams; the physics and sensation of movement has always stood way out to me. I arrived at this theory after realizing not only that certain people in the dream could see me, but that my own behavior after that was exactly the same as how "shadow people" are reported to act.

A person will see me - they don't react like they would seeing a human intruder, they are more like "What the-?!!". And I desperately look for a way out - usually through the nearest wall - in a bit of a panic. Usually enough of one to wake me back up.

WHERE WOULD THE 'SIMULATION TECH EXIST?"

Your theory seems to be that the afterlife, astral, and possibly other layers are the ones being 'simulated' - as opposed to the whole shebang being one. I suppose this actually makes more sense.

My theory is that our entire realm is artificial, and somehow a representation of some 'previous' system. The afterlife/astral might exist alongside/above, but specifically **outside** which is also where the tech you speak of would exist, in my theory.

OR...

Both of our theories have room for this detail. What if the "light at the end of the tunnel" is the Earth's moon, and the tunnel it self is our very spiritual essence/ones and zeroes on its way to the Lunar "soul catcher" reincarnation device that Lear used to talk about all the time way back when?

TL;DR:

The first place I'd look for that device would be the moon.

edit on 1/18/2016 by Teratoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

I am able to sense things going on around me in the lower astral as well as with other people if I am tuned into them. It's not something I seek or practice or like but something which is. It's just a part of my awareness capacity. A lot of what I sense is not nice. There's much anger, coercion and manipulation going on in the lower astral. People interact on the astral level all of the time via thought.

The astral holds a template of all that is in the physical. In order for something to manifest physically it must come through the astral and first be present in the astral. The physical realm is a step-down from the astral in frequency.

I'v known quite a few people who can see the astral so I also based what I initially wrote on those discussions. I've had many validations over the years from what I sensed.

People have figured out how to force things to happen in the physical by creating them in the astral first. Energies flowing into the astral from higher levels can be and are subverted for nefarious agendas. Technology makes it easier because it is connected to a Web. A device -- a phone, a PC, a tablet -- can be manipulated in the astral for whatever reason. An astral body can be attacked in the astral and the physical body can experience and manifest the results of that attack as well.

I hope what I've written helps to explain.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I have also thought about the moon being a good place!

As to what is the simulation, sure this here could also be one. Anyhow, I think both realities are "written in the same code". Doesn't necessarily mean that here is a simulation of somewhere else.

As to glitches, damn the light in my house seems to go out for a split second several times.....

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Yes have read about it needs to first be in the astral before it can be here. So I suggest something else

Anywho, when I finally master the art of astral projection I'm going to check it out from the inside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join