It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the astral plane artificial?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

sure no problem.

Thanks, this is Gold. I am going to try to implement aspects of your technique.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

Interesting idea! I have thought about it also... The astral plane could be some sort of webway, that can be used to travel between dimensions and at the same time, it could be the resting place for spirits of the dead... reminds me of the space that the ship from the philadelphia experiment allegedly travelled through..

But then again i am tired, and play way too much warhammer 40k... good fluff there..

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i cannot s[peak for admirethedistance - but in my case :

i regect his claims as he provides no evidence for them

if evidence is presented - i can evalutate it and decide whether to accept or reject it

but with mere assertion - i CBA

Sorry your right, he offers no proof. It is an interesting idea to to explore however. which unfortunately he said not to dispute.
it won't stop me from trying though

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I am glad that you started to wonder about this stuff, the more people know and experience it, the better. And don't throw any energy to anyone who doubts your claims. This thing is real and imaginary at the same time and therefore hard to get external proof, but internal/personal evidence is easy to get with some practice.
Everyone can get his own proof of it if a person is not lazy, so there is really no exuse for doubting something until you have really given it all. It is our natural ability, you only have to drop your own beliefs and wrong concepts about reality based on only waking state.

With experiences you will start to learn about the limits if there are even any on the astral plain and see wonderful things and meet various beings. I have had a lot experiences since beginning, but sometimes I still get scared and forget that nothing can hurt me there so there is no reason for any sort of fear. Well almost nothing can hurt you, if you are a normal person with positive/love and compassion for all mentality than everything should be ok and such persons can have a blast or else you can attract something nasty I guess. But in such cases there is probably an easy solution once you figure out what caused attraction and get over it.

There are many different dimensions and places. This thing is bigger than our universe. According to vedas, our material universe is only, I think one third or even less of the whole cake. Which means our supposed "reality" while awake is not real reality at all, just one small part!

There is no time, there is no real place. You can be anyone you can go almost anywhere. So be careful of your desires and thoughts even during the day if you want to progress further and learn about yourself and what it the real nature of reality (waking, dreaming, deep sleep state)

Yes, reality is even stranger and way more awesome than fiction, this is true to a fault! But only for the ones who dares to drop all stupid beliefs and concepts and who are courageous enough to admit, that I know nothing but my own experience and well... start experiencing.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Reading all your comments and right now pondering. With artificial I mean a copy, probably digital. But as I think that this reality communicates with there, here is also digital. Binary, bit and bites. Which does go along with the idea of the universe as being made of quantum information. Or, a layer beneath the quantum that is deterministic, a fundamental place suggested by Gerard 't Hooft.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It is possible that both planes you speak of are artificial and somewhat linked with one another via code as you have suggested. So yeah in this case it would be possible to travel between planes and there would most likely be glitches or soft spots where the two planes would interfere with one another because no code is perfect (would explain seeing ghosts at certain places).

Problem is that there is no evidence of this being true but in the future we may find out that this thesis was not far from the truth and so what people now call OBE is just a hack to get from one place to another without authorization

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Real. I know....just as virtual reality is real while one is in it. Astral reality found within...projected up and outward.

Speaking from 45 years of practicing and traveling.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Mind sharing why you dispute every word of what he says?

This type of response is inherent in the system.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Real. I know....just as virtual reality is real while one is in it. Astral reality found within...projected up and outward.

Speaking from 45 years of practicing and traveling.

Actually, I'm wondering if the afterlife is technology based. You could not figure that out during an OBE as you're not only in that software but also the software itself. So the way to find out is here. Now it could be a machine within or outside this universe. Or the universe itself could be the machine.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Yes a hack! Or it could be coded and intentional. The thing is that the afterlife to me sounds more and more like virtual reality. Let me explain. I saw a YT video of a man who told that during an OBE if he wanted to see what was behind him, back of front switched BUT LEFT AND RIGHT NOT. Now for us to achieve that is to look between your legs with upside down glasses.

It sounded to me as some sort of "efficient glitch", not to waist capacity on switch left/right as he wanted only to see what was behind him.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to say interesting thread and ideas ...especially from the woo woo "kooks" as the tired ol' "it's all hooey" worldview is something we all know ...if we've read more than one book, anyway.

For myself, I've had non-physical reality proven due to interaction with non-physical ghosts... so all the rest sort of becomes apparent once spirits are a given, but the idea of the "astral" as "artificial" is rather novel, though once in the occult realm it could be thought that everything is artificial as everything comes from thought... definition of terms is likely the most important concept for communication!

And I've only had a couple experiences when I've been "out of body" and one had verification of seeing a Frisbee on a roof as I passed through it and when I awoke I checked and sure enough, there was an ancient Frisbee there... but that won't convince anyone who didn't experience it, and heck, could've been a lucky guess.... but the technique from booy is interesting and maybe I'll work up the courage and seriousness to try it... but I haven't even figured out a smidgen of what it means to be physical, yet, and figure I'll have a long time after my death to explore the "astral" ... heh...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If you combine mind clones and VR it eerily becomes the same, at least to me, as the astral.... That's why I wonder whether the astral is a piece of technology made by X = unknown.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Baddogma

If you combine mind clones and VR it eerily becomes the same, at least to me, as the astral.... That's why I wonder whether the astral is a piece of technology made by X = unknown.

Hehe, it does, doesn`t it? It all depends on how you look at it...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
My current theory, which is encompassing - or at least congruous - with a lot of the stuff posted here, is that our consciousnesses are 'compatible' with a number of different 'data feeds'. The main one is the "real world". It has the capacity for any of billions of users to interact with each other within. We are 'hardwired' to *stay* in this network, and to think of it as the 'default', but there are many others.

In this theory, we join other 'channels' when we dream. These channels are made up of various parts of 'reality'. So when one suggests that an OBE is simply a dream, they are only partly correct.

Some of the channels we can tune into are 'shared', meaning it is possible to share a dream experience with someone else.

When you dream about flying over a familiar area, but there's a big Ferris Wheel in the middle of an intersection, you are receiving data as a remote viewer, but your mind is also in a highly suggestible state, and shows you a mixture of 'reality' and what you expect to see.

I digress - what I'm trying to say is that waking life, dreams, astral projection, remote viewing and OBEs are all different data streams that we can 'tune' into, and all represent 'reality'.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The 'simulated universe' theory postulates that any civilization (like ours) will eventually/have previously developed a means of simulating the universe down to the most quantum detail, for the purposes of learning and observation. Once you wrap your head around that, the idea that this isn't the *actual* universe, but merely one of possibly billions of *versions* of an eternally looping cloning system of *the actual universe* is hard to dismiss.

The odds are that this, and every other thing you ever experience, are all completely "artificial".

That is not to say that if you bonk your head on something, or wander outside the atmosphere without a spacesuit, it's not gonna hurt.
edit on 1/10/2016 by Teratoma because: ***TEMPORAL ANOMALY. NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG***

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What are you really asking or theorizing?

Is the astral plane artificial ?

to my senses/worldview...the definition Artificial in this case...would mean existing only as a mind construct...
having no space-substance-volume-or direct interaction with the physical world in which we live

Astral Plane is more a place of thought or introspection...call it a place of Prayer(Meditation State) moreso than another, unique, dimensional reality...

the Spiritualists had to create the thought-scape that the Astral Realm was composed of Aether
and entities that existed in that place were of a substance called Ectoplasm (analogous to flesh & blood bodies)
all that kind of Spiritualism finally dropped away from the pop culture vocabulary for good reason...

a·nal·o·gous
/əˈnaləɡəs/
adjective

1. comparable in certain respects, typically in a way that makes clearer the nature of the things compared

"they saw the relationship between a ruler and his subjects as analogous to that of father and children"
synonyms:
comparable, parallel, similar, like, akin...

I go to the Astral realm for either OBEs to other places
or to the hall-of-records for learning/researching, trying to access 'wisdom'
or going into the realm where prophecy and symbolic language is the coin-of-the-realm---some might call it also the collective memory/consciousness/universal mind....but hey i'm schizo so these are just flights-of-fancy to the outsiders

edit on th31145244813010482016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31145244994510192016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
wrong button
~sorry--- had to delete)
edit on th31145244988410182016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What I mean by artificial is a simulation, a second level reality so to say. Within a story everything is real, but at the readers' level it's just a piece of fiction.

Now the next question is whether this simulation is somehow generated by the universe or actually made by somebody. In the latter case, where is the device? And why was it made, and also when.

The tuning into streams is related to what I suggest, but leaves the question open what the receiver is when you're in the astral.

Anyways, I am working on projecting. If and when I'll start to research the realm I'm in. See if I can find clues or glitches. Or interview people I meet there.

edit on 10-1-2016 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

Now the next question is whether this simulation is somehow generated by the universe or actually made by somebody. In the latter case, where is the device? And why was it made, and also when.

The tuning into streams is related to what I suggest, but leaves the question open what the receiver is when you're in the astral.

Those are the fundamental questions, aren't they? What is consciousness? Where does it reside? Can/does it survive without the body? Are we the random product of an amazing set of circumstances, or are we 'creations'?

I don't mean to trivialize your questions at all though - it's when new concepts like 'simulated reality' come about that we take long strides toward a greater understanding of the universe.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teratoma

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

Those are the fundamental questions, aren't they? What is consciousness? Where does it reside? Can/does it survive without the body? Are we the random product of an amazing set of circumstances, or are we 'creations'?

I don't mean to trivialize your questions at all though - it's when new concepts like 'simulated reality' come about that we take long strides toward a greater understanding of the universe.

What is consciousness? it is unquestionably the ability to observe. What are we observing,? information of an electromagnetic nature, which builds a reality. Why are we not chaotic quivering heaps with information overload? because the information is being filtered through our senses, so it is only relevant to our personal niche. So are we actually being trained , for the main event when the filter is removed?

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join