It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Do you want UFO to show themselves

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
dont u think like if aliens were smart they would now how religious we are, i mean if they came down and showed themselves there would be panic throught the world, just think of living in a world were when aliens came down they proved that there was no god and almost half of our human histroy was completly bogus.

i mean for the people, like u and me who belive in aliens it would be cool, but for like your grandma and mother or some one religious it would be like they lost a life and gained a fake one...

but man it would be so cool if aliens came

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm religious. I believe in God and creation... however, who is to say that ETs aren't the creators themselves (I don't believe that personally) but what if?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
ok recently i was reading the bible and a little bit of the Koran and i have to admit some stores have to seem like regular ufo encounters and Yahweh can be considered god but just think, in the laboratory when we create new cures and vaccines and play with mice we are playing god..

so what if they are the higher force..
i no there is a post about this somewhere...

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ned316
dont u think like if aliens were smart they would now how religious we are, i mean if they came down and showed themselves there would be panic throught the world, just think of living in a world were when aliens came down they proved that there was no god and almost half of our human histroy was completly bogus.

i mean for the people, like u and me who belive in aliens it would be cool, but for like your grandma and mother or some one religious it would be like they lost a life and gained a fake one...

but man it would be so cool if aliens came

Hate to burst your bubble ned. But just because an alien shows up DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS NO GOD. And just because aliens got here doesnt mean they are "smart" as in how we see it. There could be a whole lot of differences. Ever hear of culture shock? Happens to smart people all the time.

[edit on 16-7-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
no i never heard of culture shock, and i no that was a little bit to extreme but ever since thoese history channel movies iv been thinking

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
For those of you who have not read the alien message "DO YOU WISH THAT WE SHOW UP?" you might want to check it out. That race of aliens (pleiadians), asks us humans the same question as this thread, in a very interesting message supposedly given to some people who are in contact with them. All you have to do is answer the question to yourself, seriously, for they will hear you. It is a good read!

It is said that this particular species is apparently more neutral towards us, and does not appear to have any bad intentions for the human race. I answered yes, when I found out more about them.

I don't know who that message (DO YOU WISH THAT WE SHOW UP?) is from... but I know it was not from "pleiadians".

Because "pleiadians" only mostly talk about themselves and us Humans.
(from our research) Pleiadians are said to look just like some Humans. (Nordic ladies and/or old and bearded men, etc)

The intelligent beings in 'DO YOU WISH THAT WE SHOW UP?'
mention these words.... "Like in any other organized structure, hierarchy exists in our internal relationships. Ours is based upon the wisdom of several races. It is with the approval of this hierarchy that we turn to you."

I respect the "several races" part.

And my answer to this thread and poll is...

Yes.
Because I've studied astronomy and seen the magnificence of the universe.
And yes, because it would be wonderful to work with 1000's of different species of intelligent beings from various areas of the universe.
And yes, because I'd like to see more than just good olde planet Earth.
Although I think we should all care about planet Earth more before thinking about leaving it. (dead or traveling)

So I came up with an "EARTH CARE DAY" idea...
earth-care-day.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Actually I had a ufo show itself and come clean. Turned out it was a speck of fly poo on my shades... so i cleaned it off.

Seriously tho I would say yes to ET's announcing they are here. However I would be concerned that someone would (upon these et's officially announcing their exsistence) start some alien worshipping religion.
Perhaps when the human race learns that death is something not to be feared, that life is sacred and forms of external controls like religions or laws and law enforcement to try to remind people to do the right things are not necessary the ET's will be more willing to 'mingle' uncloaked.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Bring on teh ET's
Willy Smith where you at!

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I am betwixt and between on this topic. I would have to say that they would be little green madmen to show themselves now (or little gray madmen
). Given the immaturity of the global society, we'd either go ga-ga over them and start worshipping them as "god", or we'd start shooting at them (evil evil...exterminate, exterminate). Our speicies as a whole is rather too immature to deal with an alien landing in public.
Still, the TV coverage would be interesting to say the least. But alas, we are not yet ready.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I cast a vote for YES is my first impulse.

However, if their involvment with mankind has been far greater than most can even comprehend, full disclosure may deconstruct the very roots of all percieved paradigms. What I mean by this is that humanity may loose an enormous amount of socially perceived truths that stretch back generations, and more than likely back before any human records of historical events.

I think it may also be paramount for their own safety that they do not openly make themselves known with full disclosure. We may not percieve the level of sacrifice we ask of them. And, this is a direct result of our dysfunctional dna, especially the instinct of "self preservation", aka: Self Before I Serve (anything/anyone).

And, what if we are dealing with intelligent beings who may have shattered 1 paradigm into numerous paradigms because of their capability of time travel? We must be humble enough and possess enough humility to realize that we do not comprehend a great deal of truth and variables that factor in. Perhaps they are here because they are obligated, because they have somehow divided 1 possible timeline into numerous timelines, by their presence alone.

Just a few of my thoughts.

My summary:

My vote is: Yes, but only if it promotes communication and unity in a way that serves truth. My vote will be no if faced with enough information to know it would be far more detrimental to us, and to them. I'm an optimist, and I truly believe that if they know of us, it has been their level of tolerance and love/reverence for life that got them here, and has also preserved our growth and evolution.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
No.

I don't personally believe "they" are here for our benefit, but rather the opposite. Full blown acknowledgement or disclosure may open more things up then we really want to see about "them" and what they want, and ourselves. (not that the latter would be a bad thing.)

I have my own ideas about the visitors through experience, and research, and no, I don't think any mass landing on the White House lawn would do anything...other then confuse us beyond all comprehension.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sure. Childhood's end eh? It would be quite a test for us and something tells me we'd do just fine.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezwaxes

Sure. Childhood's end eh? It would be quite a test for us and something tells me we'd do just fine.

Well, for one, there'd cease to be a "we" as in "us". You should read Brookings Inst.'s implications of an exotic culture from "out there" coming here, and what would happen.

The first would be acculturation. And I very much doubt a slow one...considering the obvious advanced nature of visitors.

The longer list of precursors though, were these "aliens" to land, would be a prerequisite that theyre actually physical...which to this date, we have no proof of.

I once read a document done by the govt think tank that must have delt with the alien question/problem...."these beings and their craft seem to have only as much ability to enter our reality as we give to them. The best defense would be to categorically deny their existance." Is what I recall reading.

So, if acknowledged, they'd have full run. At that point how many of us could even percieve "them". (We do know that these beings, if they exist, seem to be able to alter our perceptions) If all could not, then in turn such a culture would have to wear some sort of "mask" we ALL can realize.

That being said, "they" would, as an advanced culture, correct that problem before they even got here.

And that said...do you trust anyone who wears a mask?

Nope, until we have our own "mask", and some better handle on what "real" is, they can stay where they are.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Nope, until we have our own "mask", and some better handle on what "real" is, they can stay where they are.

I like your post.

In fact, "What The Bleep Do We Know" questions reality.

Reality starts with pine trees.
Pine trees were here before flowers.

We love pine trees, especially for some folks around Christmas.

Certain beetles are destroying pine trees in Canada and other parts of the world.

That is reality too.

Something will help the pine trees on planet Earth.
Either mind controlled beetles, human scientists, ETs, Humans that have gleaned information from ET technology, Humans with no clue about ETs but care about pine trees, pine trees themselves with an evolution, and on and on.....

The fact is pine trees are an important reality.

So is www.theaircar.com...

Life is easy and there for free and simple these days.

Now we know what is real, Jritzmann.

(and the Foo Fighters will just watch no matter what happens)

'respect'
- Ali G.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ok, did I miss a commercial?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Yes.

Something is needed to shake the world up. Something to get our minds off of corrupt politics and unecessary wars. If it takes a peace making alien race to show us the way, or a war mongering race for the world to rally together against...either way, I'm for it!

Great post. I'm a definite "yes" and my reason is stated in the above quote. It would also shake us off the fossil fuels, which I consider ultimately more important for the economy and world itself.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
YES YES YES and i think they should make their debut on that intervention show. just think an intervention for bush and iraq and iran and so and so on .do you think the intervention would work?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I am FOR aliens showing up in a public place for all to see. Even if they don't contact us at first. Make it gradual. Like that Mexico City thing where thousands of people all saw UFO's at once. I think if they came out of the UFOs all at once people would all freak out. Just sort of show up in a more-or-less undenyable fashion.

I am AGAINST personally meeting/encountering an alien. They truely scare the crap out of me. If I was personally taken up in a UFO or if one just showed up in my house, I would have a nervous breakdown and go insane. I only want to meet them in a group scenario.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
YES.Wholeheartedly.

The campaign of leaking alien footage to the public, shows like Startrek, Stargate, films like starwars etc have all desentisized the human race enough to the possibility of their existance.It would not cause widespread panic ( i dont think so anyway ).

On a related note, why do so many people think it would destroy religion?

I am catholic and it would only serve to strengthen my beleif in god if it was proved life exists elsewhere in the universe.

I have often wondered why God would create something so spectacular and vast as the universe and then just stick us little lot down here on an insignificant planet around and insignificant little sun ?

If I were a god I would want to fill something as vast as the universe with life.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanitarium
I don't think mankind is ready for it yet.

My vote is for YES.

But Sanitarium is right......man is not ready for it yet......just look at all the nuts freaking out over a CARTOON !! If man can't handle a simple cartoon then alien disclosure is not a option.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join