It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethan Couch the "affluneza" killer has run off to Mexico......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
meanwhile his parents have no responsibility for the legally declared negligent upbringing and the kid is given behavioral goals he will never achieve (again, admitted legally when it was declared he was too special for accountability).

Plus if he wont ever be responsible for his actions and is incapable of obeying the laws in civilised society he should be locked up for being a public danger. He is a criminal sociopath.

You cant bring back the ones this little #s killed but you can prevent him from doing it again

"Affluenza" is just another way of saying sociopath.
edit on 30-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't disagree about equality under the law. Would never think to argue that. Not in a million years.

Im just looking at what has happened objectively, and thinking that there HAS to be a better way. He ran to Mexico because he was given terms of release that he couldn't meet in a million years. He's young, he's a hot mess, and likely tends toward the same general sociopathy that the average teenager has. Add to that absent parents who never really seemed to mind providing parental direction (which, due to the affluenza thing, is actually a matter of court record).

Its bad enough that the judge let the kid get away with it by saying he was raised poorly. But then the parents, who didn't raise him properly, aren't accountable either. Then the stipulations of his "punishment" create a situation that he cannot be successful in.

Everything that judge did was a complete turd.

That aside: punishment for manslaughter should be monetary.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I believe when you are on probation you are not allowed to leave the state you live in without permission from the courts. I wonder if he will get additional charges for leaving the country.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He was given extremly generous probation terms!

If he can not meet even those simple requirements he is not fit to be free amough civilized people.

He got a secound chance 99.9% percent of people in his situation would never get.

If he is incapable of takeing that secound chance and changing his life around and becoming at least a half civilized human being then really he is a danger to society.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

I believe when you are on probation you are not allowed to leave the state you live in without permission from the courts. I wonder if he will get additional charges for leaving the country.

Hopefully.

This kid is a dangerous human being and sociopath.

He needs locking up for as long as possible.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Given the fact that he was raised without consequence to a degree that a judge considered him to be unresponsible (yeah, im making words up now) for consequence...what on Earth would make anyone think he could recognize the situation for what it was? He was released on conditions, as easy as they are to meet for you and I, that were just not possible for him to meet. The kid is a hot, runny freaking mess.

All teenagers have sociopathic tendencies. Its why you cannot, at least in the US, diagnose someone as a clinical sociopath as a child....or everyone would carry the diagnosis.

That said...this kid may truly have no conscience. Empathy, while not a wholly learned trait, certainly can be positively reinforced in learned situations (like learning to serve others in return for money...i.e, "having a job"). I further believe that the mothers complicity reinforces my belief that, regardless of what the law decides to do with the boy...the parents need to share in the full burden of it all. You cannot on one hand say the childs rearing relinquishes him from responsibility without holding accountable those who reared that child. Someone has a pound of flesh to pay out. I guess at this point its a few people.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Given the fact that he was raised without consequence to a degree that a judge considered him to be unresponsible (yeah, im making words up now) for consequence...what on Earth would make anyone think he could recognize the situation for what it was? He was released on conditions, as easy as they are to meet for you and I, that were just not possible for him to meet. The kid is a hot, runny freaking mess.

All teenagers have sociopathic tendencies. Its why you cannot, at least in the US, diagnose someone as a clinical sociopath as a child....or everyone would carry the diagnosis.

That said...this kid may truly have no conscience. Empathy, while not a wholly learned trait, certainly can be positively reinforced in learned situations (like learning to serve others in return for money...i.e, "having a job"). I further believe that the mothers complicity reinforces my belief that, regardless of what the law decides to do with the boy...the parents need to share in the full burden of it all. You cannot on one hand say the childs rearing relinquishes him from responsibility without holding accountable those who reared that child. Someone has a pound of flesh to pay out. I guess at this point its a few people.

Well then if he is truly incapable of following even the most simple of rules and probation terms then he is a menace and danger to society and needs to be locked up.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
good thing he wasn't black and poor, he'd be dead by now.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Obviously he get's it from his parents and they should really make an example of his mom for helping him evade. When that is what your parents teach you they are responsible just as much as he is.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I've thought about this case for about ten minutes, or so... My conclusions will, without a doubt, reflect that.

Civil forfeiture should, won't, but should apply here. The families of those victims should receive a huge cash settlement, were-gild if you will. The balance remaining after said settlements should be given to victims rights organizations, or something of the sort.

Parents are punished. Kid is destitute for the remainder of his little useless life.

Jail is fine, too. But civil forfeiture would be even worse for folks of this ilk...IMHO, of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Let them sit in the Mexican jail for a while. It won't take too long, and they will be begging to come back to the states.

I think they (Law) have them exactly where they want them.

These people are idiot's.

They found them because the stupid idiot ordered a pizza on HIS cell phone.

What is that saying? " Stupid is, what stupid does? " Something like that.

edit on 30-12-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

When I heard about this case a few years back, I about had a gd stroke.

The entire case was an absolute joke! Mommy dearest must have either paid the judge in cash or perhaps in sexual favors bc NONE of it made sense to me. AT ALL!

This waste of human space deserves to pay for what he did....plain and simple. Who gives a rats ass how spoiled the little puss pimple was growing up.

Who gives a rats pimply ass how pathetic his parents were in raising this douche bag the right way.

Everyone knows that drinking and driving is wrong....Everyone knows that being the cause of 4 other lives being lost is WRONG!

Any ethical judge in this country should know better!

I SAY LOCK THEM ALL UP!!!!

What a horrible mother protecting that POS based upon her own failures.

Actually, the mother and father are the worst out of all....they raised that douchey monster.

Affluenza my AZZ!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Where's Dexter when you really need him?

www.foxnews.com...

Report: Mother of 'affluenza' teen has been deported from Mexico to US

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

This judge should have been hung from the lamp posts for starters.
a reply to: forkedtongue

Agreed! Who in their right mind lets someone off with 10 years probation for killing 4 people and permanently brain damaging another? I don't care how old he was at the time! You have to wonder how much money his parents slipped the judge. I would have sentenced this kid no less than 50 years!

I can't begin to think how the people who lost loved ones because of this a-hole felt when this judge let him off with just 10 years of probation! I know I would have beat the kid to a pulp if I was in that court room. I would have also done whatever I could to get that judge removed from the bench.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Where's Dexter when you really need him?

www.foxnews.com...

Report: Mother of 'affluenza' teen has been deported from Mexico to US

It's hilarious that you mention Dexter...LOL!

I've been watching the re-runs on Showtime off and on this past week.

Dexter indeed!

Affluenza.....For Serious?!!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute injustice to the families that lost kids bc of this POS!

Lock up the douche, the douche's parents and, the POS Judge.

They are useless to our society.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

im sure a few good kicks in the ass by life (or people wanting to keep him honest) will go a long way to helping him understand consequence.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

lol.
I got my son hooked on him. He had never seen it and became interested when he sat and watched an episode with me a while back. Now that they are on Christmas/New Year break, he watches 2 - 3 episodes a day.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

lol.
I got my son hooked on him. He had never seen it and became interested when he sat and watched an episode with me a while back. Now that they are on Christmas/New Year break, he watches 2 - 3 episodes a day.

I can't believe I just recently discovered the show...I guess bc I'm not one to pay for premium cable crap.

I also just discovered that it's on Netflix.....

Even better!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It does tend to have that effect most of the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN
If he did not leave the country and just left the state, then there could be an argument and possibly it going back to juvenile court. However, as it is coming out that apparently it came out that this was all planned, there is talk, and the latest is that the DA and the Probation office is wanting to switch him from the Juvenile court to adult court.

Plus, I do not think that he will be going back before the same judge, but another Judge. His attorney is working for him, and right now trying to delay or outright prevent him from being brought back to the United States, as he has a 3 day stay of extradition.

His mother, well that is another story, she is being returned to the United States and right into the custody of the Federal Marshals, and then to the state of Texas, and will be going directly to Jail, where she will face felony charges, and jail time. Most experts agree, when he does get back to the USA, neither him or his mother, probably will have any bail and will have to sit in jail until their court cases.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join