It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Police Arrest ISIS Suspects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ahahah, and tomorrow we'll hear that Turkish police arrest the other guy for smuggling two barrels of oil.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ReadLeader

Do you think ISIS would attack NY or another large American city in retaliation for two nobodies being arrested in Turkey?

No, but they would carry out an attack on any city because that's what they do.
Do you think that the guy who bought a bunch of ball bearings and box cutter blades was worried about two clowns in another country who had the same idea?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This is the link I was eluding to Intro

www.nbcnews.com...

Nearly 6,000 police officers — hundreds of them with long guns, radiation detectors and bomb-sniffing dogs — will be guarding New York's Times Square as a year punctuated by terrorist attacks draws to a close, officials said Tuesday.

The NYPD and the FBI unveiled plans to protect the more than 1 million people who will throng to the Crossroads of the World on New Year's Eve — including multilayered checkpoints and a new 500-member Critical Response Command of elite counterterrorism cops launched two months ago.
edit on 30-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: theySeeme

Do you think ISIS would attack NY or another large American city in retaliation for two nobodies being arrested in Turkey?

How do you know these two were nobodies?

That is an assumption because I cannot read the entire article. A subscription or WSJ account is required. But if these two were higher-up on the chain of command, their names would have been released and this would be a bigger deal than is being reported.

So you admit it's an assumption, and then you make another assumption that their names would have been released and it would bigger than reported?

seems like unpractical logic

No. That is how it has been since they began reporting on these sorts of arrests/killing since the war on terror began. When anyone with any real position is arrested or killed, the names are quickly released.

Either way, it's irrelevant. They have been arrested. Good for them.

Like I said, I can only assume since the article is not completely available to those without a WSJ subscription or account.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

What does that have to do with Turkey and these men that were arrested?

I ask because it seems like you are trying to spread fear. That's irresponsible.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I do note that the WSJ published the arrests...
nowhere does the Turkish press/News agencies enter the picture...

If one were to quickly read the short paragraph...

((2 Islamic State Extremists..arrested in Turkey..plot to conduct a terrorist act on New Years Eve at the Nation's Capitol))

one might get the wrong impression that 2 'extremists' (sanitized version of terrorist for American PC consumption)
were caught in Turkey with plans to attack Washington DC during new-years celebrations

~a case of American press/media hyping an incident out of proportion to get an exciting news snip~
also to:
glorify the ever vigilant, & ally, Turkish police~
reinforce the PC language that actual blood-lust Sunni Jihadists are only 'extremists' in the news copy

sensationalism attempt, propaganda, sanitization not much else

this news blurb has gotten more attention than it deserves,
the men are probably sympathizers and not connected to ISIS & this was their feeble attempt at Jihad in Ankara (for what reason, who knows---just a story to make Turkey look like they are foes to ISIS & vise-versa
edit on th31145150392630322015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

This is just a BS story to show Turkey isn't supporting ISIS

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Little possibility

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Agreed!