It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough is enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Okay, I can't believe we the U.K can stand by as a nation and just accept what is happening regarding these storms and the flooding in the North of the country.

If this was happening in London, the Government would be pulling out all the stops in an attempt to prevent further damage and misery throughout the city.

They are stalling with the North, why, I do not fully comprehend. We have been sold out by our Government and we have been for many years. Sure they'll take our taxes, pay the benefits, apply more taxes to everything that gives us pleasure, but they will not dredge the rivers and why is this?

Some say It relates to an E.U directive called the European Water Foundation (EWF). It forbids the dredging of rivers because the directive relates to the upkeep of the natural habitat being maintained by Mother Nature, with no human intervention. In other words, all the gravel, silt, weed and driftwood build up can't be touched and it must be allowed to accumulate, thereby reducing the capacity of said rivers.

I read through the legislation and on the surface it looks fairly rational, keeping the rivers and water supplies free from toxic chemicals and waste. Then I looked at the Spatial management of river basins and it is left to local areas to deal with this. When money becomes tight and there have been some cold winters of late, what is there to decide? Spend the environment money of insulation, it makes perfect sense, it cuts down on heat loss, which in turn reduces energy costs.

The biggest mistake this Government has made whilst it has been in power for the last 5+ years (I almost spelt tears), is failing to provide finances in order to dredge our rivers. Stand up you chinless wonders and vote to get out of the E.U as quickly as possible.

Cameron needs to resign over this, but I know he won't.

Let's get the 'F' out of this E.U hellhole.

edit on 29/12/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The minute I saw your OP, I thought of this clip I had saved: (from an old cartoon)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The entire western world is in chaos.

Almost seems hopeless. Almost....

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Razmijix

Yes, almost my friend. But let's hope not.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If they would quit all the fracking and mining, maybe the planet's electromagnetics wouldn't be so screwed up.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

what would expect from the most corrupt goverment in the world sounds kinda like hurrican katrina to me

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh and the operations of 7 active Atomic colliders around the world, like CERN have nothing to do with messing with the planet's electromagnetics?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

ALL govts are corrupt not just the ones in the West.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

i never specified otherwise, i just pointed out which was the most currupt

new topics

top topics

join