It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas yanks funds from fraud-plagued Planned Parenthood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Texas and Oklahoma have been going against the PC crowd and the grain of the feds for the last couple of years. Oklahoma has really been sticking it to the PC crowd. Call everyone red necks or bible thumpers as far as I am concerned good for both states.

Guess what... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They mostly all scattered. HB1804. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Just this month, the state has voted and passed a law that ALL drivers' license exams will be printed in English and only English and no other language. They have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of the road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English. Really simple.

Just a few things that have been going on. Mean old Texas and Oklahoma ! I guess we will need road signs in many parts of the states written and posted in English, Spanish, and Arabic in the not to distant future, No ? Not in Oklahoma or Texas I would bet ! (sigh)

It appears you accidentally posted in the wrong thread, instead of in one of the many recent threads about the big bad scary "PC Culture."

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's all? These lying scum are getting off easy.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Gotta love these obscur blogs, also why does the article keep on repeating allegation a bunch of times, youd think theyd have more than allegations for that big of a suposed pay out.

Thank you mr X from bringing more non proof of PP doing wrong, you must be proud with yet another great example of trying to push your agenda to protect murika.

edit on 30-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I am not pro fraud, but hardly see the connection here.

The connection--and it holds true across the board--is that the more government money is involved, the higher the corruption rates.

Private businesses should not receive tax breaks and handouts from the government--if they truly provide a necessary service, they can get the funding for their business elsewhere, or the laws of economics dictate that they are either too big for the services they provide, or that they provide services that are not necessary enough to keep the business afloat.

Obvious political statement is all, one that IMO is going to bit them in the butt when the state has to fork out more money for the increase in cases of Aids/HIV.

Political statement--probably. But all you're doing with your increase-in-AIDS-cases statement is appealing to emotion and pretending to predict the future. If you're truly going to tell me that PP is the ONLY and BEST way that these people can get information that helps them avoid AID/HIV, then there's something wrong with these people if they can't find it another way with the myriad choices that we have for information these days.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It isn't an appeal to emotion when other states have done this and seen the numbers increase.

No where have I said that they are the only or best place, seems like a very common strawman in this thread. All I have said is that this will most likely lead to an increase which in turn means more state spending.
The fraud happened three years ago and they are just nown deciding that they are not going to renew the contract? After PP has been a political hot button recently??

Ya, IMHO, purely political.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It isn't an appeal to emotion when other states have done this and seen the numbers increase.

Then post up some stats, but I know for a fact that correlation does not equal causation. I live relatively close to Austin, Indiana (less than 1.5 hrs away), and I remember this recent outbreak of HIV diagnosis. Now, the level-headed of the world realized that, with the needle-sharing that goes on with the heroin/opiate epidemic in this part of the country, this was the likely (and all-but-confirmed) reason for the outbreak.

Cue politicizing an issue: This article ties in the epidemic to defunding Planned Parenthood years earlier. So, to rational people, the HIV problem is because of needle sharing due to an epidemic that has existed for years (and isn't showing any sign of petering out any time soon). To those driven by political ideology, the HIV outbreak only happened because PP was defunded.

No where have I said that they are the only or best place, seems like a very common strawman in this thread. All I have said is that this will most likely lead to an increase which in turn means more state spending.

No, you're modifying your statement. You stated nothing about "most likely," but made these absolute comments (with my emphasis):

And then they are going to wonder why their hiv/aids numbers are going to go up, which will still cost the state money...

So good thing they made this political statement!

And this gem, my own emphasis added again:

originally posted by: Sremmos80a reply to: xuenchen
I am not pro fraud, but hardly see the connection here.
Obvious political statement is all, one that IMO is going to bit them in the butt when the state has to fork out more money for the increase in cases of Aids/HIV.

So you see, you made an absolute claim at least twice that HIV/AIDS numbers will increase because of defunding PP. All I said is that you're pretending that you can predict the future...and now my secondary point is that you sound like the "Chicago Tribune," apparently using ideology to make a correlation.

But I'm not necessarily arguing that the motive behind the steps to defund PP isn't political, but I am arguing that trying to scare people with an increase in HIV/AIDS because of it is an appeal to emotion, whether you agree or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Ok fair enough, you are right I did frame my first statement as an absolute and I should not have done so.

The first one I did not say that it was my opinion, but the second quote you didn't bold that part, where I did say that.

one that IMO is going to bite them in the butt when the state has to fork out more money for the increase in cases of Aids/HIV.

And that is my opinion, you say that it is all but confirmed that the needle sharing was the cause for Indiana, while I don't doubt that is a factor guess we need to head back to your own point of correlation.
You said it your self, it is all but confirmed, so do we really know that is the case?
Needle sharing happened before the defunding, wonder if that placed offered an exchange...
Level headed is a rather subjective term, just because like minded people agree, doesn't make it a fact.
edit on thWed, 30 Dec 2015 15:49:53 -0600America/Chicago1220155380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
it's Texas, for god's sakes...they only care about whites, Christians, and the wealthy....the rest of the people of Texas are (what "W" Bush referred to as a "bud" of his....broke, ugly, and dumb)...I don't know why anyone is surprised.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

And that is my opinion, you say that it is all but confirmed that the needle sharing was the cause for Indiana, while I don't doubt that is a factor guess we need to head back to your own point of correlation.
You said it your self, it is all but confirmed, so do we really know that is the case?
Needle sharing happened before the defunding, wonder if that placed offered an exchange...

I don't know about the exchange, but I know other places (not PP) offer them in many surrounding areas.

As for my comment, I was referring to the past tense, meaning that at the time, it was the non-ideologically driven people who were opting to consider the actual cause--the needles used in the drug use. At the time it was happening, the ideologically driven were crying foul about Planned Parenthood.

The reality is that lacking a Planned Parenthood does not cause AIDS/HIV--it can stop diagnoses from happening, or if there was a needle exchange program there, it can reduce the ability for addicts and drug users to maybe avoid the disease, but facts dictate that it is the addiction to the drug and method of delivery to the body that causes the diseases. That's really the point that I was getting at about the level-headed people seeing the actual cause instead of a scapegoated, ideologically driven cause.

I know that just because a majority agrees does not a fact make, but when they agree on the fact, it does.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So it is a fact that the needle sharing caused the epidemic, or is it all but confirmed. To me it sounded like they did offer an exchange from the articles you provided.

I know that the lack of PP won't cause it, but it is one less place for people to go and get help to prevent the spread of it.

You are right that this will not guaranteed lead to an increase. Hopefully though I am over reacting and this won't have that affect.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Go, Texas!!

No reason any funds from The People should go to a crooked company.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
God bless Texas! Nice!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join