It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of black voters and 45% of Hispanic voters support Donald Trump..historic GOP numbers!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's a point I think we can take away from the discussion ... a lot of people want Donald Trump for their next President.

Yes, the OP's poll is nonsense as evidence for their claims ... but ...

Democrats, or perhaps more accurately, those who would vote for ANYONE but The Donald ... should not fall into any sense of false security that Americans don't like Trump ... they do.

And not everyone who "likes Trump" is a bigot or a racist, and even if they are, we are all in this together.

I suggest we stop living the media-generated virtual reality ... and try to find our way back to the real world.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

That's part of why the 80's were fantastic... And no cell phone in the hand of every Tom Dick and Janie...

Are you old enough to remember the eighties? Over glorified largely because of conservatives hyping Reagan. It started with a major recession and high unemployment for a long time; the savings and loan industry collapsed, Iran/Contra, the Iraq/Iran war; the U.S. military driven out of Lebanon by terrorists; global markets crashed in 87 on black Monday,the President senile for a lot of his second term.

By a lot of standards we were better off or at least as well off in the nineties under Clinton.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

That's part of why the 80's were fantastic... And no cell phone in the hand of every Tom Dick and Janie...

Are you old enough to remember the eighties? Over glorified largely because of conservatives hyping Reagan. It started with a major recession and high unemployment for a long time; the savings and loan industry collapsed, Iran/Contra, the Iraq/Iran war; the U.S. military driven out of Lebanon by terrorists; global markets crashed in 87 on black Monday,the President senile for a lot of his second term.

By a lot of standards we were better off or at least as well off in the nineties under Clinton.

Judging by his picture, he's old enough to remember that he enjoyed watching Saturday morning cartoons during that decade. He's looking back to a time in which he personally had zero responsibility and little to no concept of finances, politics, societal issues, etc. Hmm, could those glasses just maybe be tinted a certain shade of rose?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why are we talking about what we think about another member again?

Aren't we here to discuss the issues, and specifically, the topic?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I suppose you have to find something to talk about when the OP has been thoroughly debunked and the entire premise is laughable.

I'd like to hear your take on it though.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I think the ignorance is in the Trump supporters ignoring what he says and still thinking he'll be good for the country.

He says something extreme and then later on when called on it, lies and says that he never said it when there is evidence of it. Much like Huckabee or Fiorina, they double down and say that they never said those inflammatory remarks.

To have a presidential candidate lie, and then get caught in the lie WITH PROOF, and then deny that they lied, is a sign of the kind of president they'll be. To ignore that is literally ignorance.

They're also ignoring his business record. He's NOT a good businessman either in the ethical sense OR the literal sense.

I don't know if you've noticed, but he's also a racist, a misogynist, and just not a very nice guy. Ignoring those things and thinking that he can be diplomatic about running a country would also classify you as ignorant if you are a Trump follower.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I suppose you have to find something to talk about when the OP has been thoroughly debunked and the entire premise is laughable.

I'd like to hear your take on it though.

Take on what ... the OP? See a few posts up.

The poll is ridiculous, the conclusions the OP wants to draw from it equally so.

However, there are, whether some of us like it or not, a large number of our fellow Americans that think Mr. Trump is a great guy.

Those of us who don't aren't going to get very far by calling all these people who are "racist idiots."

Trump is a reality. He's not going to go away because some of us think he's ... well, what we think he is.

I've become rather painfully aware again, in the last few days, that we are all to a greater or lesser extent embedded in a sort of virtual reality being carefully crafted for us by ... someone/somewhere.

That fact is starting to really piss me off like it was when I first showed up at ATS... a lot more than people I have philosophical or political quibbles with.

(Well, you asked ...
)
edit on 30-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Trump supporters are bigots, racists, ignorant, and xenophobes...

And some, I assume are good people.

It's scary how the far right have gone from wanting a president they could have a beer with (W. Bush) to wanting a president they can share racist and mysogynist slurs with.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

However, there are, whether some of us like it or not, a large number of our fellow Americans that think Mr. Trump is a great guy.

Those of us who don't aren't going to get very far by calling all these people who are "racist idiots."

I agree. He has his supporters and that cannot be denied. I also would not go as far to say they are all racist idiots.

I've become aware again, in the last few days, that we are all embedded in a sort of virtual reality being carefully crafted for us by ... someone/somewhere.

That fact is starting to really piss me off ... a lot more than people I have philosophical or political quibbles with.

Well said.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Trump supporters are bigots, racists, ignorant, and xenophobes...

And some, I assume are good people.

It's scary how the far right have gone from wanting a president they could have a beer with (W. Bush) to wanting a president they can share racist and mysogynist slurs with.

And what have you accomplished by that observation ... true or not?

We sit around calling each other names ... and while some of us may be brain-dead louts ... not everyone that disagrees with us is. I think we need to be aware of wide-sweeping generalizations because I've found that, on all political sides, that is the tell-tale sign of "external influences."

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sorry Gryph, you might have seen the light. However I can't respect anyone that supports this bloviating idiot that openly makes racist and down right fascists remarks while his crowds of even bigger idiots cheer him on.

I would respect them if they had decided to put their support behind Rand Paul or Ron Paul, but instead they decided to put their support behind Donald Trump.
edit on 30-12-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Sorry Gryph, you might have seen the light. However I can't respect anyone that supports this bloviating idiot that openly makes racist and down right fascists remarks while his crowds of even bigger idiots cheer him on.

I would respect them if they had decided to put their support behind Rand Paul or Ron Paul, but instead they decided to put their support behind Donald Trump.

I certainly haven't seen any light.

I don't think we should "support" anyone (any more than we owe basic human fealty to each other) merely for their political choices, nor damn them for them either, per se.

The question I'm asking myself is ... assuming that someone who supports Trump ISN'T a racist bigot ... how and why would they support him? That's the question I'm working on ... and sorry if I came off heavy-handed in my response to you ... certainly not my intention.

I mean some of us do our best to keep the focus here at ATS on reason, logic, facts, etc., and yet, I see us commonly succumb to the same tactics we accuse others of using ... we generalize, we insult, we dismiss people's right to hold a different opinion than we do ... and I'm wondering why that is.

Best, don't take me too seriously, Muse ...

edit on 30-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because he's a populist. He says what ordinary folk want to hear. Average joes don't care if their CEO's are making 700 times more than them, they don't care about how young people, which are our future, can't even move out of their parents home because of overwhelming college debt.

They don't give a crap about our crumbling infrastructure.

Trump wants to make America Great Again, so dude how can you NOT vote for him? Trump has spent much of his life in the entertainment business so he knows his way with words.

The mass media slobbering all over him also helps him.

But I don't know, perhaps you might get better answers if you made a thread on the topic because I'm also curious as to why people flock to him.

And no apology needed
People definitely have a right to their own opinion

Forgot to add: Bernie Sanders supporters, voting for Trump out of spite, if Sanders doesn't get the nomination...so there's another group of potential Trump voters. 😂
edit on 30-12-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'm not going to try and debunk the poll, because everyone with an IQ above 70 knows this poll is BS

But anyway, I find it extremely sad that Donald Trump has a large fan base on this website, a website which motto is "Deny Ignorance"
So you're happy with the status quo, eh??? Things are going right for ya...You probably wish Obama could stay for another 8 years...

The Democrats are working on a law that makes it illegal to insult Izlam...It's called sharia...You're good with that eh??? Yah, we're the ignorant ones...You bet...Keep telling yourself that...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

The Democrats are working on a law that makes it illegal to insult Izlam...It's called sharia

Can you prove that?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Its not called Sharia...it is called the Obama DOJ....

www.dailywire.com...

Bacon on a doorknob is now a hate crime

abc7.com...

but this is not looked into by the DOJ or in the MSM...

www.breitbart.com...

and you think they were not yelling cracka when they killed him?

I want equality back in my country. Not division which the current DOJ is causing. Visited the parents of M Brown but does not acknowledge the deaths of soldiers Like Major General Harold Greene who are heroes in person?
edit on 12pm31pmf0000002015-12-30T21:04:38-06:000938 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Is Reuter's useless also?

HIspanic Support
link

Actually, if you change the poll to say 'Hispanics', it reports that there are not enough people to count.

(see this link with only "republican hispanics' checked)

Female Support
Link

More accurately, that's "Republican Female Support."

Overall, Mr. Trump comes in second to "wouldn't vote" if you look at all women.
All women (link)

and it is not 'low income only' support
Link

Again, only among Republicans.

7% of Republicans would jump ship and vote for Clinton (according to these polls) - and 25% simply wouldn't vote rather than vote for Trump.
link - again

Democrats overwhelmingly vote for Clinton (8% would vote for Trump and 21% wouldn't vote)link to full results

Among Independents and other parties, the majority would refuse to vote... and it's a horse race between Trump and Clinton: Link

Among all people committed to voting in the next election, Clinton's ahead.
Link

Entertaining stuff to play with the filters.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2015 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Here's a point I think we can take away from the discussion ... a lot of people want Donald Trump for their next President.

Yes, the OP's poll is nonsense as evidence for their claims ... but ...

Democrats, or perhaps more accurately, those who would vote for ANYONE but The Donald ... should not fall into any sense of false security that Americans don't like Trump ... they do.

And not everyone who "likes Trump" is a bigot or a racist, and even if they are, we are all in this together.

I suggest we stop living the media-generated virtual reality ... and try to find our way back to the real world.

And coming back to the real world somehow entails we all vote for Trump?

Many of us have been in the real world for a long time, man.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Pardon me if I find your response to be idiotic.......Sorry. The correct term is "low information voter".

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

All while posting links to breitbart and the daily wire.....smh...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join