It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of black voters and 45% of Hispanic voters support Donald Trump..historic GOP numbers!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They dont want to fight the caliphate. They do not want to see jobs decline.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

Correct. The GOP is preparing to force a brokered convention if need be to bypass Trump alltogether.

I personally dont think they will go down the brokered route - they wont need to. The split of proportional and winner takes all states and which states they are is a really significant advantage for Bush (and Rubio if Bush fails). Early on it might look really good for Trump and/or Cruz. But their state wins will neither count towards the 8 minimum needed to have a platform to be elected at the conference nor give them a significant delegate lead over Bush /Rubio. Then we move into the winner take all states and they are geared towards the GOP establishment.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I honestly don't think Trump will run 3rd party.

Watch, he'll become someone's VP -- and people will vote for the main guy (Maybe Cruz?) because he's NOT trump, and people will vote for the both of them BECAUSE of Trump.

Both sides win. Trump supporters get him a VP spot, and the GOP keeps him out of the White House.

The GOP voting base isn't splintered or fractured, and they as a party can maintain a united front.

How much you wanna bet we'll be seeing "Cruz/Trump 2016!" bumper stickers?

EDIT: The only thing that strikes me as odd is Jeb! ... He's well-connected and wouldn't waste people's money or his time/effort unless he'd talked with some very powerful people who convinced him he had a shot. He had to have been told he has a shot at this...why else would he run? The only other reason I could see Bush running is to herd people in another direction to avoid putting another Bush in the WH.
edit on 4-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I honestly don't think Trump will run 3rd party.

Watch, he'll become someone's VP -- and people will vote for the main guy (Maybe Cruz?) because he's NOT trump, and people will vote for the both of them BECAUSE of Trump.

Both sides win. Trump supporters get him a VP spot, and the GOP keeps him out of the White House.

The GOP voting base isn't splintered or fractured, and they as a party can maintain a united front.

How much you wanna bet we'll be seeing "Cruz/Trump 2016!" bumper stickers?

EDIT: The only thing that strikes me as odd is Jeb! ... He's well-connected and wouldn't waste people's money or his time/effort unless he'd talked with some very powerful people who convinced him he had a shot. He had to have been told he has a shot at this...why else would he run? The only other reason I could see Bush running is to herd people in another direction to avoid putting another Bush in the WH.

Bush is still running because he is well financed and the delegate allocations have been set up to keep in him firmly in the race until March 15th - and the vital Florida winner takes all primary.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Then we move into the winner take all states and they are geared towards the GOP establishment.

That's only going to help an establishment candidate if he/she has enough votes to actually be the winner.

The way the polling is now the winner-take-all states will help Trump.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: UKTruth
Then we move into the winner take all states and they are geared towards the GOP establishment.

That's only going to help an establishment candidate if he/she has enough votes to actually be the winner.

The way the polling is now the winner-take-all states will help Trump.

www.americanthinker.com...

Trump is somewhat of a spanner in the works, but the structure still stands.
It is not at all unlikely that a candidate with fewer votes than one or more opponents will win the nomination.

Delegates are the key and more importantly how they are allocated.

I read through the article in the link - thanks. Its interesting and contrary to the one I posted on anther thread. The one I posted had much more detail about the actual rule changes and schedule and why that favoured Bush.
edit on 4/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Correct. The GOP is preparing to force a brokered convention if need be to bypass Trump alltogether.

Yes, but how? If Trump gets the number of required delegates (and we are still a month away from Iowa, so anything can happen) then there's no chance of a brokered convention. I've given up trying to predict what Trumpster will do next or when his campaign is finally going to implode. He's defying the traditional political narrative. It's like watching a three-year-old wander across a rugby pitch during a Wales-France match. Every time you think he's about to be smeared across the pitch he changes course and survives a bit longer.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Yes, but how? If Trump gets the number of required delegates (and we are still a month away from Iowa, so anything can happen) then there's no chance of a brokered convention, I've given up trying to predict what Trumpster will do next or when his campaign is finally going to implode. He's defying the traditional political narrative. It's like watching a three-year-old wander across a rugby pitch during a Wales-France match. Every time you think he's about to be smeared across the pitch he changes course and survives a bit longer.

I think Trump MIGHT have the most delegates going into the convention, but by no means certain and I thnik it highly unlikely he will have a majority. I think he will win the national vote but delegates will be much closer. The sheer number of candidates that are in the field and the proportional nature of the caucuses and primaries up to the 15th March means there will be quite a few delegates that end up being unbound come the convention - for example all Bush's delegates could swing to Rubio at the convention and vice versa if one of them has dropped out.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Jeb! seems to be still in out of either sheer cussedness or a genuine belief that all the polls are totally wrong. It's puzzling, he's a bit like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. At the moment his PAC is burning through a shedload of money with adverts attacking Rubio. Why? Rubio's poll numbers are faltering. I can't see Rubio's voters suddenly bailing on him en masse and going for Jeb!, they'll break for Cruz or Trump.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Jeb! seems to be still in out of either sheer cussedness or a genuine belief that all the polls are totally wrong. It's puzzling, he's a bit like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. At the moment his PAC is burning through a shedload of money with adverts attacking Rubio. Why? Rubio's poll numbers are faltering. I can't see Rubio's voters suddenly bailing on him en masse and going for Jeb!, they'll break for Cruz or Trump.

ha, the Black Knight,, brilliant scene. Will think of that next time I see Jeb.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join