It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of black voters and 45% of Hispanic voters support Donald Trump..historic GOP numbers!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They dont want to fight the caliphate. They do not want to see jobs decline.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

Correct. The GOP is preparing to force a brokered convention if need be to bypass Trump alltogether.

I personally dont think they will go down the brokered route - they wont need to. The split of proportional and winner takes all states and which states they are is a really significant advantage for Bush (and Rubio if Bush fails). Early on it might look really good for Trump and/or Cruz. But their state wins will neither count towards the 8 minimum needed to have a platform to be elected at the conference nor give them a significant delegate lead over Bush /Rubio. Then we move into the winner take all states and they are geared towards the GOP establishment.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I honestly don't think Trump will run 3rd party.

Watch, he'll become someone's VP -- and people will vote for the main guy (Maybe Cruz?) because he's NOT trump, and people will vote for the both of them BECAUSE of Trump.

Both sides win. Trump supporters get him a VP spot, and the GOP keeps him out of the White House.

The GOP voting base isn't splintered or fractured, and they as a party can maintain a united front.

How much you wanna bet we'll be seeing "Cruz/Trump 2016!" bumper stickers?

EDIT: The only thing that strikes me as odd is Jeb! ... He's well-connected and wouldn't waste people's money or his time/effort unless he'd talked with some very powerful people who convinced him he had a shot. He had to have been told he has a shot at this...why else would he run? The only other reason I could see Bush running is to herd people in another direction to avoid putting another Bush in the WH.
edit on 4-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I honestly don't think Trump will run 3rd party.

Watch, he'll become someone's VP -- and people will vote for the main guy (Maybe Cruz?) because he's NOT trump, and people will vote for the both of them BECAUSE of Trump.

Both sides win. Trump supporters get him a VP spot, and the GOP keeps him out of the White House.

The GOP voting base isn't splintered or fractured, and they as a party can maintain a united front.

How much you wanna bet we'll be seeing "Cruz/Trump 2016!" bumper stickers?

EDIT: The only thing that strikes me as odd is Jeb! ... He's well-connected and wouldn't waste people's money or his time/effort unless he'd talked with some very powerful people who convinced him he had a shot. He had to have been told he has a shot at this...why else would he run? The only other reason I could see Bush running is to herd people in another direction to avoid putting another Bush in the WH.

Bush is still running because he is well financed and the delegate allocations have been set up to keep in him firmly in the race until March 15th - and the vital Florida winner takes all primary.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Then we move into the winner take all states and they are geared towards the GOP establishment.

That's only going to help an establishment candidate if he/she has enough votes to actually be the winner.

The way the polling is now the winner-take-all states will help Trump.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: UKTruth
Then we move into the winner take all states and they are geared towards the GOP establishment.

That's only going to help an establishment candidate if he/she has enough votes to actually be the winner.

The way the polling is now the winner-take-all states will help Trump.

www.americanthinker.com...

Trump is somewhat of a spanner in the works, but the structure still stands.
It is not at all unlikely that a candidate with fewer votes than one or more opponents will win the nomination.

Delegates are the key and more importantly how they are allocated.

I read through the article in the link - thanks. Its interesting and contrary to the one I posted on anther thread. The one I posted had much more detail about the actual rule changes and schedule and why that favoured Bush.
edit on 4/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Correct. The GOP is preparing to force a brokered convention if need be to bypass Trump alltogether.

Yes, but how? If Trump gets the number of required delegates (and we are still a month away from Iowa, so anything can happen) then there's no chance of a brokered convention. I've given up trying to predict what Trumpster will do next or when his campaign is finally going to implode. He's defying the traditional political narrative. It's like watching a three-year-old wander across a rugby pitch during a Wales-France match. Every time you think he's about to be smeared across the pitch he changes course and survives a bit longer.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Yes, but how? If Trump gets the number of required delegates (and we are still a month away from Iowa, so anything can happen) then there's no chance of a brokered convention, I've given up trying to predict what Trumpster will do next or when his campaign is finally going to implode. He's defying the traditional political narrative. It's like watching a three-year-old wander across a rugby pitch during a Wales-France match. Every time you think he's about to be smeared across the pitch he changes course and survives a bit longer.

I think Trump MIGHT have the most delegates going into the convention, but by no means certain and I thnik it highly unlikely he will have a majority. I think he will win the national vote but delegates will be much closer. The sheer number of candidates that are in the field and the proportional nature of the caucuses and primaries up to the 15th March means there will be quite a few delegates that end up being unbound come the convention - for example all Bush's delegates could swing to Rubio at the convention and vice versa if one of them has dropped out.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Jeb! seems to be still in out of either sheer cussedness or a genuine belief that all the polls are totally wrong. It's puzzling, he's a bit like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. At the moment his PAC is burning through a shedload of money with adverts attacking Rubio. Why? Rubio's poll numbers are faltering. I can't see Rubio's voters suddenly bailing on him en masse and going for Jeb!, they'll break for Cruz or Trump.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Jeb! seems to be still in out of either sheer cussedness or a genuine belief that all the polls are totally wrong. It's puzzling, he's a bit like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. At the moment his PAC is burning through a shedload of money with adverts attacking Rubio. Why? Rubio's poll numbers are faltering. I can't see Rubio's voters suddenly bailing on him en masse and going for Jeb!, they'll break for Cruz or Trump.

ha, the Black Knight,, brilliant scene. Will think of that next time I see Jeb.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
November 24, 2019

Donald Trump had a 19% Approval Rating amongst Black Voters, when elected President.

That number has steadily climbed to 34% today.

Source: www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
November 24, 2019

Donald Trump had a 19% Approval Rating amongst Black Voters, when elected President.

That number has steadily climbed to 34% today.

Source: www.theepochtimes.com...

Always go to the source.

The Epochtimes is wrong. That's the total support among all voters, not Blacks.... and here's the poll that Epochtimes was talking about and the company's analysis: emersonpolling.reportablenews.com...

No 34% among Blacks. They're polling everyone. Recent polls show he hasn't made much inroads in Black and Hispanic voters
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

President Trump had enough Black and Hispanics vote for him in 2016 to make a difference. In November 2020, there will be even more Black/Hispanic citizens voting for President Trump.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thanks for bumping this thread.

Was funny to read so many people so sure of themselves.

Can't wait to see it all unfold again. Sure it will go exactly the same way with some extra delusional sauce this time around.

Either way it will be fun to watch.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I'd like to know by what standard this "greatness" is measured. What does it mean for America to be great? When was it great? What did that greatness look like? The 1950's? The 1950's were great for some folks, not so much for others...

You really can't point to a specific time in US history and claim it was "great" for all of its citizens...
The 50’s probably is the standard bearer, because of the prosperity after the war. Even during the war, there was the sense of all people supporting the effort, even to the point of saving scrap metals and creating Victory Gardens.
How do you gauge greatness? By how many different kinds of genders we recognize and allowing men into girls bathrooms ? If you gauge greatness by how much of our money the government can extort from us .. then I’m sorry you don’t understand the experiment of the Founding Fathers, but then people who cone from other cultures don’t get it and there is one of the problems.
So why not point to any time in world history where there was “greatness”? How about Medieval Times when women were forced to marry into a neighboring country for peace? When the King sanctioned marriages or not? When Lords has servants ?
How about when people had to make their clothing from skins? Would anyone dare throw pigs blood on their neighbors coat then ? Now we have radicals who want us to go back to ancient times because they want to save the smelts in California and they are trying to save us from climate change.
edit on 27-11-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am curious if this is true, how it would play out in the future.

The one thing that has been brought into sharp focus by Bernie Sanders, for me anyway, is the difference between people with conviction and people who pander. It seems Bernie, whether he is wrong headed or not, has conviction for what he says. He doesn't seem able to be bought off because he proposes policy based on his own common sense and sense of empathy (although it doesn't seem he "gets" mathematics very well...but thats not relevant here).

The entirety of the rest of the political jungle is made out of panderers. If there is proof in voting records that DJT has policies and approaches that a true majority of people appreciate, especially when that majority could represent just about anyone beyond the "true believer" lunatics on the fringe....how will that effect pandering? Will we see our "left" move quickly and resolutely to the center, while our "right" tries to hone in on that sweet spot of ideology to continue what DJT has started?

Im just really interested in seeing how it effects the lies we are told in exchange for votes.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Snippets from the Right Winger Virtual Reality Tunnel

"The Government (aka Guvment) can't be trusted on employment numbers, but can be trusted on welfare (or any other statistic that suits the argument some are making) ... ":

"There's no racism in America anymore ... except when rightist rhetoric requires a race/class war, and then it's on again ... "

"Polls can only be trusted when they say what you want them to say ... "

"Numbers don't mean anything if you don't like them ... "

"All media is questionable (except fringe extremist reactionary sites) ... "

What did I miss?
What you missed is that whole diatribe is a left leaning radical Democrat version.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes, but how? If Trump gets the number of required delegates (and we are still a month away from Iowa, so anything can happen) then there's no chance of a brokered convention. I've given up trying to predict what Trumpster will do next or when his campaign is finally going to implode. He's defying the traditional political narrative. It's like watching a three-year-old wander across a rugby pitch during a Wales-France match. Every time you think he's about to be smeared across the pitch he changes course and survives a bit longer.
What makes you think his campaign is going to implode ? Even the impeachment proceedings are good for his numbers because people are seeing his detractors for what they are.
edit on 27-11-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

What makes you think his campaign is going to implode ? Even the impeachment proceedings are good for his numbers because people are seeing his detractors for what they are.

Completely confused by this. Wasn't my original post about the 2016 election and therefore has no relevance whatsoever to 2020?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You really can't point to a specific time in US history and claim it was "great" for all of its citizens...

Middle class by world standards is 32 to 64 dollars a day per house hold....I think it is safe to say living in America is greatness....

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join