It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tabletop RPG Brainstorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
OK, this one will take a bit of explaining.

Teikiatsu is running a tabletop supers game for his friend's kids to help keep them out of trouble. We're talking 14-16 year old boys with his old buddy along to help mentor and keep tabs.

He's using one of my old PCs in a sort of alternative universe, Star Trek goatee style evil version, but since she's my PC essentially, I am masterminding the evil org out after these kids' PCs. Basically, one of them is our little science experiment, and I need to collar him and bring him back into the fold before he figures out he's not the human he thinks he is.

During the last session, two of the PCs went to an old Guard Armory that I had set up as a sort of trap. They need a certain solvent for their plans, and I had it set up to look like it had simply been warehoused there. The armory sits on one of our bases which was being kept quiet. Baiting the trap. Well, the one we wanted didn't go, and the two that went made a royal hash of things, turning a quiet recon into a video game leveling up experience.

In the end, they melted down buildings and ended up kidnapping the head of the small guard detachment assigned to basically keep the lights on. The guard knew nothing about anything, and all of it was caught on film - big guy with a flaming sword flying off with the hapless guard commander against a backdrop of flaming buildings so hot they're melting.

Right now, I'm thinking of starting an anti-mutant media campaign using the tactic of releasing various rumors and reports through the fringe anti-supers blogs. It's similar to how it's done today - the fringe reports and sooner or later the more mainstream sources can pick it up and carry it on as thought it's true without verifying. So, that's what I'm asking for, some good conspiracy theories to sow out there that would turn the public and law enforcement against these guys and help do some of our work for us in keeping an eye open for them.

Remember, we are talking 14 to 16 year old kids, so let's keep it reasonably PG-13.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Mutants are harvesting human organs to enhance their own physical capabilities?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I can't really help you but I just wanted to say that your placement in my "cool book" just went waaaaaay up. I may disagree with most of your views but you two are excellent parents for doing this.

Good job, Tetsuko. Seriously, bravo.

edit on 28-12-2015 by Abysha because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You have no idea ... I had forgotten how illogical 14 to 16 year old boys are! They've avoided every plan just because they're so erratic I can't begin to guess what they're going to get interested in next.

edit on 28-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The mutants have developed a virus that makes regular humans have the genetic markers of mutants without the powers. (to make it harder to detect real mutants)

The mutants created a designer drug that gives humans mutant powers that cascade out of control killing the user.
(to get revenge on all those "normals")

Mutants are the result of a disease, its lethal and contagious. (the media loves to fear monger)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid

Those are good for the mutant angle.

I forgot one thing that might help with some more.

The guy with the flaming sword sort of looks like a rejected extra from The Lord of the Rings Trilogy who rides a dragon. This is why supers are so much fun, you can accommodate all kinds of tastes in one game since the other kid is more sci-fi tech and the third likes Deadpool.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

LOL,

Teenagers and RPG's.

Forget about depth and plot completely.

Weapons, Battle, Loot.

That is what will keep them interested. They want better stuff. Better Ship, Better weapons, etc.

Are you using the old Star Trek RPG rules? If not, the Dreampark rules are awesome!

Now, If you want an interesting game. Go Star Wars with Tie fighters, AT At's etc.

The plot: Your Players are the crew of the Imperial Senate Star Destroyer which is manned by troops loyal to the Senate (maybe the remainder of the clones). When the Emperor dissolves the Imperial Senate (as mentioned in episode 1) your Star Destroyer and crew are attacked.

They Hyperspace outside the known galaxy and the adventure begins (with a star destroyer and full complement of troops and vehicles).

The PC's can play Officers assigned to ship functions, ground assault, vehicles, etc.
edit on 28-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Negative. They will navigate through a plot, and they will see that there are some consequences for their actions

Right now I plan to use doctored footage from the attack on the Guard base to implicate the one character in a string of arsons that are happening in NYC. There is a cold/ice-based super that has been fighting those. If the two of them get into a fight it could get pretty epic with *lots* of collateral damage.

top topics

join