It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An outsiders questions on US gun control.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i bought one of these:

en.wikipedia.org...

I have kept a good eye on it but so far i am disappointed. I thought it was supposed to jump up and slaughter people at random. So far it hasn't so much as moved on it's own. maybe mine is defective?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xtrozero

but every inch of the plane spotless.

As it should be.
Federal property needs to be well cared for. Especially anything that flies.

Then sir you never want to step foot on a KC135 from McConnell... hated catching them in the desert they were a bloody disgrace in my eyes..

to few maintainers to high of an ops tempo and no good supervision in the Maintenance group.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackmoonJester

Xtrozero, I disagree that Americans are more violent by nature. I lived in South Korea for five years, and whoa. After 6PM, Ajoshi starts drinking and it's crazy.

Spent a year there myself...

Let me rephrase that. We have areas in America that are extremely violent and those areas are where the vast majority of our gun problems happen. So an area like where I live has a lot of guns and very low gun issues, and an area like Chicago will have more issues on a weekend then I would see in a decade or longer here.

I probably missed a few, and may have gotten the order mixed up, but you get the idea.

You missed one "When seconds count the cops are minutes away" hehe

edit on 31-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

all pretty spot on. Look at the level of gun ownership in a state like New Hampshire, who also has the lowest rate of gun crime in the US. and as far as "When seconds count a cop is only minutes away..." I don't like calling them, for any reason but a couple of years ago I caught a guy dumping a ton of garbage on the back portion of my property thinking he was hidden by the trees. He apparently didn't count on either the Akitas or the security cameras I had(it's only a few acres but I'm kind of out there and have had a few similar issues in the past) and the guy was armed and this was clearly visible on my monitors. Once the dogs started alerting me the first thing I did was check the camera feed, 2nd thing I did was open my safe and grab a rifle as my wife called the police. their response time to a report for an armed man on my property with young children in the yard? 18 minutes. The guy was long gone by then because I waited until I walked outside to load a magazine and lock a round into the chamber. Not as menacing a sound as the 12 gauge but it gets the point across. He left rather quickly. By the time the Sherriff's deputy arrived I was already going through the boxes(looked like the guy was moving because it was frozen food, dried goods and a bunch of liquor) and had identifying information because the dumbass had left mail in one of the boxes because he freaked and ran like a girl once I started walking across the yard with the AR. I don't carry when I leave the house typically but I've always got something I can access in 30 seconds or less when I'm in the house BECAUSE you never know how long it will take someone to arrive and honestly, all they're going to do is file a report anyway so 9 times out of 10 you're wasting a phone call.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

When it comes to your home, cops are more crime investigators and not stoppers. Why did the guy dump good stuff on your land, that is so odd.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
i bought one of these:

en.wikipedia.org...

I have kept a good eye on it but so far i am disappointed. I thought it was supposed to jump up and slaughter people at random. So far it hasn't so much as moved on it's own. maybe mine is defective?

Every time you tickle it in the trigger it spits lead...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

When it comes to your home, cops are more crime investigators and not stoppers.

oh absolutely. I would have better luck hiring Scooby and Shaggy to investigate a crime after the fact than my counties Sherriff's dept.

Why did the guy dump good stuff on your land, that is so odd.

that's a good question that never received an answer. He was dumping it on the access road/driveway behind me as well where my neighbor was trying to sell off parcels of land. It was very odd, especially when I opened a box and it was filled with still frozen seafood. Totally bizarre!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Stolen merchandise perhaps.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

i bought one of these:

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you get one of the first gen models or a newer variant? Just curious if you had run into any of the technical problems that a lot of people had reported. I like the Kel-Tec bullpup 12 gauge. I'm a big fan of that company and have owned a couple of their Sub 2000's in .40. A solid company and the Sub 2000 was one of the better made rifles I've owned aside from builds I've done myself.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Perhaps, but none of it was new. It looked to me like someone had cleaned out their kitchen in anticipation of a move or perhaps a sketchy landlord doing a clean out after an eviction? There were 2 boxes of bottles of liquor in various levels of fullness, half eaten dry goods, rice cereal etc... and then a couple of boxes with frozen goods like shrimp, scallops and some other random crap.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

i bought one of these:

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you get one of the first gen models or a newer variant? Just curious if you had run into any of the technical problems that a lot of people had reported. I like the Kel-Tec bullpup 12 gauge. I'm a big fan of that company and have owned a couple of their Sub 2000's in .40. A solid company and the Sub 2000 was one of the better made rifles I've owned aside from builds I've done myself.
Gen III. all bugs worked out. i saw the (terrible) early reviews. glad i found some reviews of the newer models.

Eventually i hope to get a KSG, a Ar-15ish magazine fed semi auto and that one with the rotating 4 magazine 16+1 shot, and maybe a benelli m4 tactical. and thats just the shotguns on my list.

edit on 31-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Perhaps, but none of it was new. It looked to me like someone had cleaned out their kitchen in anticipation of a move or perhaps a sketchy landlord doing a clean out after an eviction? There were 2 boxes of bottles of liquor in various levels of fullness, half eaten dry goods, rice cereal etc... and then a couple of boxes with frozen goods like shrimp, scallops and some other random crap.

You chased off Santa Claus.

edit on 31-12-2015 by BlackmoonJester because: Can't spell too good. heh

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
the scariest thing about the UTS 15 i have found so far is the pump action. it is easy to grip it wrong and potentially put your hand in front of the barrel. but the KSG also has that problem. the incidents i have read about (complete with gruesome pictures) involve the KSG. i am thinking seriously about an after-market forward grip or something.

thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com...

one of the ksg incidents may have involved such an aftermarket add on though.

when i was working the action of my new UTS (dry firing) to familiarize myself with the weapon i twice found my hand on the action in a way that put part of my hand in front of the weapon. i do not think that it got farther up than the end of the retaining nut. But that is scary. i need a lot more practice in proper hand positioning to get it habitual.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackmoonJester

If it were Santa he wouldn't have drank half the liquor before he dumped it in my back yard. Maybe that's why it was there and he missed the chimney though haha

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: greencmp
I feel sad if I am honest that people feel the need to be armed on a daily basis, something that is truly alien to me and most UK members.

As someone who carries a concealed firearm on my person daily...I don't feel the need to, but I have the right. What are rights if they are not exercised?

Likely I will never draw my firearm with the intent to shoot anyone. However it is FAR better to have it and not need it, then need it an not have it. When seconds count the cops are minutes away, so they say.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

i bought one of these:

en.wikipedia.org...

Gen III. all bugs worked out. i saw the (terrible) early reviews. glad i found some reviews of the newer models.

Nice! I'm not terribly familiar with them, just through reviews I've read. Glad you waited long engh to get one that had all the kinks worked out.

Eventually i hope to get a KSG, a Ar-15ish magazine fed semi auto and that one with the rotating 4 magazine 16+1 shot, and maybe a benelli m4 tactical. and thats just the shotguns on my list.

That's a heck of a Christmas list you've got going there! I really want a KSG myself. Like I said earlier, I'm a huge fan of Kel-Tec and have never had an issue with their weapons.

Per your other post further down(though I guess it is now above this reply) getting used to any type of bullpup has itS inherent learning curve. With tragic results for some as you already know! I've not fired a bullpup shotgun but have had the chance to play around with a steyr-aug and had a bullpup AK at one point. I got rid of a bunch of the toys when I got into building AR's so that I had a little more liquidity in the fun fund to pimp them out how I wanted. Upgraded Timney triggers, higher end uppers, better add ones that had longevity as opposed to less expensive items that looked cool but would break down quicker etc...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
the DP-12 shotgun is a bullpup with the magazines under the barrels. two 6 round magazines and two barrels. it's kind of heavy but at least it should be a lot harder to accidentally blow your hand off.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join