It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An outsiders questions on US gun control.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Sure. If a state, or county, or city created a law which prohibited people from owning bear arms, the SCOTUS could rule on the Constitutionality of that law.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage also
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn and others

thank you for being open to discussion

thank you for talking between eachother

I know no one would reply here if they didn't care .. I know all of us going against each other putting out an opinion can turn a friend against a friend

I know this is also not up to any of you .. nobody here is responsible for any of this maybe I am just being hysterical for no reason (it was the story of the 5y old boy who shot his little sister over a dog .. that real shook me bad .. it's no ones fault .. but watching news similar to those is not pretty that's all)

Upfront thank you for talking to 'outsiders' .. the place this is coming from is genuine it may not look that way.. It's none of our business I fully understand

Just looking at the stats makes me yeah left feeling yucky

edit on 31-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

It's none of our business I fully understand

I disagree. We US citizens have a hard time understanding each other but ultimately, it's all everybody's business. I like it here. I was born here and I have little doubt that I'll die here (barring an accident). I've been to a few other places so far but I still prefer my home. Warts and all.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
is not that Americans are more violent by nature. It is because they have strict gun control laws.

Actually it is that Americans are more violent by nature. I lived in 3 EU countries and we most diffidently are.

or the equivalent of $700 for every American, according to a new investigation.

Sweet a new hand gun...

If no one had a gun, no one would need a gun for protection, and if no one needs a gun, no one will die.

Then big guys rule... And people who want to kill will still kill.

Having a gun should be a privilege not a right

Its a right for a reason but rights also have responsibilities too. Remember the old you have a freedom of speech but you can not yell fire in a theater?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FreebornAnd please don't try and say its because you have an armed populace - bollocks - its a bit like taking a pea shooter to The Gunfight at The OK Corral.

Funny I thought you were better trained than to think such a ridiculous idea as that.
Hell YES we can take over anything we want ,holding it wouldn't be possible but then again we wouldn't have to.
It is a horrible idea and it would make a mess but you really shouldn't doubt us in such a fashion.
www.oregonlive.com...
edit on 31-12-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Funny I thought you were better trained than to think such a ridiculous idea as that.
Hell YES we can take over anything we want ,holding it wouldn't be possible but then again we wouldn't have to.
It is a horrible idea and it would make a mess but you really shouldn't doubt us in such a fashion.
www.oregonlive.com...

I never thought of my 308, 556, 300 blackout as pea shooters, same scopes as the marines too..Hmmm I have always wondered how our billion civilian guns have played over the years into Russia/China thoughts of invading America. I also wonder if WWII would have happened if a large armed civilian population in Europe was in place too.

On another note about takeover of the federal government that has gone wacko like a military coup. People need to understand we are not a democracy, we are a republic of 50 states and each state has its own military, so it would not be the 308 pea shooters against the federal military, it would be many state's military and the civilian pea shooters together against the federal military. A rather different scenario of what most seem to spout in debating the militia part of our rights.

edit on 31-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

each state has its own military
Which is under federal authority. Which is why they can be deployed overseas.

Article 1, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution (the Militia Clause) also authorizes use of the National Guard under continuing state control but in the service of the federal government to “execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions.”

www.ngaus.org...

Any actions against the federal government would be an insurrection, no? Are you suggesting that the Guard act against the Constitution?

edit on 12/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Any actions against the federal government would be an insurrection, no? Are you suggesting that the Guard act against the Constitution?

Of course it would be, it would be an act of war. Not saying it would happen, but if states broke away they would have a military in place already. A military coup is against the Constitution too I think...hehe.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So your assumption is that the members of the Guard would foreswear their oath. That can't be good.

“I do hereby acknowledge to have voluntarily enlisted this __ day of ____, 19_, in the ______ National Guard of the State of ______ for a period of __ year(s) under the conditions prescribed by law, unless sooner discharged by proper authority.

“I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and of the State of ______ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to them; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of ______ and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.”

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

So your assumption is that the members of the Guard would foreswear their oath. That can't be good.

The guard..lol hell ya they would...lol

Now we are talking some extreme situations too, but most guards are good old boys, if you know what I mean. when they pick people to join the most important part is do they want to work with that person for the next 30 years. The Guard is not like the normal military. I'm not saying they are not well trained or professional, just different.

If you the President is not in office who is next?

Governor of ______ and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.”
edit on 31-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I'm not saying they are not well trained or professional, just different.

In my day it was mostly about not going to southeast Asia. Different now? Truly dedicated to... what?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Maybe one day a film director will show the equivalent of a city wide "million dollar minute" when some country is attempting land paras.
We would go after their stuff and hide it.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It's been done. Twice. Both times it was a really stupid movie.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

In my day it was mostly about not going to southeast Asia. Different now? Truly dedicated?

The vast majority of the Guard today are people who get out of the military at 10 years or so and go back home and join the guard, so experience wise they are above the normal military. They take their turn too in Afghanistan Iraq etc, and their equipment is like spotless.. I use to love flying on guard C-130/C-141s, on the C-141s they actually had spittoons on the flight deck, but every inch of the plane spotless.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

but every inch of the plane spotless.

As it should be.
Federal property needs to be well cared for. Especially anything that flies.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

a reply to: cavtrooper7

It's been done. Twice. Both times it was a really stupid movie.
en.wikipedia.org...

Those movies really pissed me off. I vision is 1000 para troupers go in to East LA..lol none of them would survive.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

As it should be.
Federal property needs to be well cared for. Especially anything that flies.

I know what you are saying, but spotless like what you would do to the car you love. This is not typical in the federal military. Good equipment but not at that level, but they see it all as if it was their favorite car and everyone in the guard as family.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

NOT hardly.
Both movies soft pedal things and SEVERELY limit the scope of such an even to that of an 80s movie (CGI is expensive)
ALL that is new is the plot and actors. It's hard to show that many fire arms shooting without tracers.
We are LITERALLY a nation of snipers compared to the rest of the planet.
edit on 31-12-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Xtrozero, I disagree that Americans are more violent by nature. I lived in South Korea for five years, and whoa. After 6PM, Ajoshi starts drinking and it's crazy. Not to pick on Korea, just an example. I think it's more on the lines of fear in America. The United States was founded by white people. I know, Native Americans were here first, I'm Native American myself, but the States were founded by whites. Now, ever since then we've been told "Someone is trying to take our stuff!!" First it was the British, then it was black America. And after we took a big chunk of Mexico and named it Texas, then the Mexicans were "trying to take our stuff." Immigrants started coming over and trying to take our stuff. The government passes a bunch of new taxes so they can take your stuff. The only reason Japan didn't take our stuff was because if they invaded there would be "an America behind every blade of grass with a gun." -paraphrased-. Cold War, Russia has nukes and they might try to take your stuff. "Guess what white America, you're about to be the minority in America and then everyone is going to take your stuff." I probably missed a few, and may have gotten the order mixed up, but you get the idea. With the invention of mass media the fear mongers got even worse. I can't even stand to watch the news anymore on MSM because it's almost all fear and fluff. I agree that something should be done, but any attempt at disarmament isn't going to go well, and the very people that try to take those weapons are the ones that pushed the fear.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Our founding fathers gave us the Second Amendment so we can protect the First Amendment, the freedom of the press, speech and assembly.
Not only from foreign governments but if we had to, our own.
The Second Amendment is the protector of all of our rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join