It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help my cat keeps crapping in the sink!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
personally i would try to put something over the sink say a cardboard box or something where the kitten cant access it and stick the litter box somewhere in the bathroom. If you get him using the litter slowly start to move it out and over time get it near the door then completely outside. The problem with putting the litter in the sink is it lets the cat know that even after its been moved he can still do his business in it. The cardboard lets him know he cant access it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
so what i have decided (once i make it to the store to buy some since i have none) is to get an actual lemon and then cut it up and maybe squeeze the peels and inside so that the oil and scent is released and then just leave it sitting in the sink...

somebody mentioned that earlier and i like that idea better then spritzing lemon juice because the juice will dry up.

today thankfully there have been no accidents but for the future i will report back if the lemon peels worked!

thank you for all of the creative ideas

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm telling u change the cat litter. My cat used to do the same thing only in the bath tub. I changed the litter because it is the first logical factor, I changed the litter and it worked she used to use the litter box using fresh step, I switched to unscented litter and boom she sh1ts like a pro. Unfortunately she died years ago at the ripe of of 16yrs old but that's what I did. She started that when she was 5-6 pooping in the tub. Just switch the litter and reintroduce the kitty

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

I don't like cats. They are too snide.

Have you considered the possibility of re-homing it?

edit on 26/12/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
so what i have decided (once i make it to the store to buy some since i have none) is to get an actual lemon and then cut it up and maybe squeeze the peels and inside so that the oil and scent is released and then just leave it sitting in the sink...

somebody mentioned that earlier and i like that idea better then spritzing lemon juice because the juice will dry up.

today thankfully there have been no accidents but for the future i will report back if the lemon peels worked!

thank you for all of the creative ideas

I feel like even "if" the ideas to deter your cat from the sink (lemons, spray, cyan pepper etc.) work, it could just move your cat to pick a new wrong spot because there is no designated pooping/peeing place (litter box) in the house. I think that the problem may be that the cat needs a permanent place to go vs. it just feels like taking a poop in your sink just because.

Also, to the cat haters that are posting on this thread, why even post here? I guess you enjoy trolling and getting a rise out of the animal lovers here. Typical personality of a cat hater. *eye roll*

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Do as I said I can guarantee it will work 100% but use it as a last option since people seem worried about my extreme measures.trust me I had cats for long all of them giving birth and having more cats who needed potty training but it worked everytime except u gotta let him have free access of the outdoors

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
OP,I've never had problems like this with any of my cats over the years. They all took to the litter box straight away. Best advice I can offer is to agree with the poster who said to place a litter to over the spot your cat has taken a liking to, and slowly move it away from there. It's not a guarantee they'll take to the litter box, but it's worth a try.

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: crazyewok

Different kettle of fish fella, if you compare children with cats genuinely then you need to ask questions about yourself and how you regard fellow humans.

Oh look, another one who can't see across the species divide. In terms of dependency, most pets, including cats, can be regarded as like children in terms of level of care, and reciprocation of love/affection. It may not be returned in human mannerisms and language, but you get back what you give. It doesn't have to be from your own species to do that, not even in the rest of the animal kingdom. Plenty of animals have taken to caring for animals of other species as if they were their own.

As the saying goes, if you can't take care of a pet, you probably shouldn't breed yourself. To expound on that,I'd go a step further and suggest that If you already bred and can't understand the dependent comparison, you probably shouldn't have bred in the first place.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Oh look, another one who can't see across the species divide. In terms of dependency, most pets, including cats, can be regarded as like children in terms of level of care, and reciprocation of love/affection. It may not be returned in human mannerisms and language, but you get back what you give. It doesn't have to be from your own species to do that, not even in the rest of the animal kingdom. Plenty of animals have taken to caring for animals of other species as if they were their own.

As the saying goes, if you can't take care of a pet, you probably shouldn't breed yourself. To expound on that,I'd go a step further and suggest that If you already bred and can't understand the dependent comparison, you probably shouldn't have bred in the first place.
Oh look, another childless person comparing cats with children lol, absolutely ridiculous but amusing so thanks for the laugh.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Oh look, another childless person comparing cats with children lol, absolutely ridiculous but amusing so thanks for the laugh.

I have two kids, so a swing & a miss on your part. If you cannot fathom that pets are serious responsibility more than just a novelty, you're a lost cause.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

One thing is that cats can't take care of you when you are older, your children can.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well said

Cats, or pets in general, are part of the family. Once someone accepts one in in to their home, there is a responsibility to treat them with love and care. Like you so eloquently stated, that love is often reciprocated.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!!!

Enough!!!

Please, let's stick to the topic.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
On topic, don't keep your cat a prisoner and it will crap outside. Don't treat it like a child and it will figure out it's a cat.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

On topic, don't keep your cat a prisoner and it will crap outside.

The op has stated they let them out multiple times a day. The problem as I understand it is that the cat wont pewp outside when let outside and goes in the bathroom sink instead.
edit on 27-12-2015 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join