It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help my cat keeps crapping in the sink!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
ok so ive grown up with cats but the last cat i had from what i rememeber never had issues with learning to go outside.

now i have two kittens one is 6 months the other 8 months. the 8 month old goes outside just fine and the 6 month old insists on going on the bath mats, carpets (she ruined a nice beautiful carpet of mine), and even in a pet bed.

all of which i threw out to deter her from doing it again.

but her favorite spot above all is the the bathroom sink

and i literally let them out like 10 times a day.

what am i supposed to do it so infuriating everytime i smell feces and walk into my bathroom only to see a nice lump of fecal matter right in the sink.

edit on 26-12-2015 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

If it is a bathroom sink then most of the time it will not be in use. At those times you could put a small cat litter tray over the sink for a few weeks and see if the cat uses that. If the cat uses that then slowly move the litter tray to the place you would want it to be and even slowly move it outdoors.

That is about the only trickery I can think of to train the cat. Knowing cats, as soon as you put the litter tray there the business will be done in another inappropriate place, lol.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
well right now i have the original litter box sitting outside by the door. i thought that would work and it did for one cat but the other one just doesnt seem to put two and two together. even though i have seen her in it outside!

i could try what you mentioned but i fear that it will just cause her to keep wanting to use litter all of the time :/

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

If it is a bathroom sink then most of the time it will not be in use. At those times you could put a small cat litter tray over the sink for a few weeks and see if the cat uses that. If the cat uses that then slowly move the litter tray to the place you would want it to be and even slowly move it outdoors.

That is about the only trickery I can think of to train the cat. Knowing cats, as soon as you put the litter tray there the business will be done in another inappropriate place, lol.

Good luck!

Lol. But seems this one does not like going outside or might just have an odd schedule. I'd defiantly get a litter box. I used to have a cat that preferred a box. He'd play outside for hours then come in an use his litter box just like a person would go outside and then come back in to use the bathroom.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The litter box trick is a good idea. Also to keep in mind is that cats will do this when they're trying to get your attention, something their upset about, just like dogs tearing up the furniture. Our's would do this when we would go on a long trip or there was a new stress in the house.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

OP, yes it might keep the habit of the litter tray.

Maybee, my Mom had a cat that liked to use the bathroom, too. I wonder if, with their good sense of smell, they begin mimicking their host's use of bathroom, with the best intentions and all that. Or maybee (lol) it is the porcelain of the sink? OP, you could try putting some newspaper in the sink, like scrunched up, see if that affects the behaviour. Might be an easier job for you, too, to clear up the newspaper.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Spray the sink with a anti cat spray or make your own with a mixture of lemon and oranges.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
oh my gosh never thought of a spray! do cats not like lemons? i will have to try that out thanks!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
oh my gosh never thought of a spray! do cats not like lemons? i will have to try that out thanks!

Most cats HATE citrus fruits. Sour tastes to them normally = poison so they avoid the smell at all costs. Works with my little one.
edit on 26-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I had a cat from 11 yrs to 18 yrs old the best thing I can advice you to do is hold him from the neck while he's on the sink and make him smell his own crap by pushing his head towards it after the 3rd time he'll start running outside to crap..it worked for me everytime

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Umvericomb92
I had a cat from 11 yrs to 18 yrs old the best thing I can advice you to do is hold him from the neck while he's on the sink and make him smell his own crap by pushing his head towards it after the 3rd time he'll start running outside to crap..it worked for me everytime

DONT to this!

The poor kitty wont understand this and you will just traumatise the poor thing!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Do I have any possible solutions?....No
Did I laugh my azz off reading this?...Yes

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just eat the cat.

It works 100% of the time. That cat will never poop in the sink again.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Umvericomb92

Please, never have pets. I haven't heard this backward suggestion since about 20 years ago. It has no merit and unless you done it to the cat almost instantly after it defecated it wouldn't even understand why you were doing it. When your cat no longer feels safe to defecate somewhere it once thought was safe, that's where problems like this arise and exacerbate, especially if it associates that fear with you.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Rub the cats face in it. That'll learn it

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
CW is right. I use orange peels and/or lemon juice to keep my cats out of my Bonsai. They are in big, flat ish planters, perfect for the little ^&%$#& to dig in. Eat a couple of oranges and put the peel in the sink or just spray lemon juice.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I befriended an abandoned cat when I lived in the City. When we had builders around for some time the cat begged to stay in my apartment all day, presumably to avoid them.

One day I came home from work to find that the cat had needed to relieve itself - in the bath, right beside the plughole.

Not very pleasant, but I had to give the cat credit for at least trying to work out how to use the facilities

Perhaps your little one just needs a bit more practice to get things right - she sounds as if she's trying.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Some cats don't like to share litter boxes...that could be he problem.
And sometimes cats are prone to urinary tract infections that cause painful crystals to form, which causes them to pee and poop where they shouldn't. Easily treated by a vet.
Some cats prefer some litter over others, try a couple different types of clay, wood or paper based products.

I have had experience these scenarios.

Had one that pooped in the tub that remained unsolved. So I just put his box of litter in the tub and he used it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Change your brand of cat litter. The kitty probably doesn't like something about the litter you are using. Once the litter is changed get your kitty and snuggle it for a minute and gently introduce it to the new brand to show u changed it. Kitty will probably understand the gesture and if it is that the cat hates the litter maybe it will try to new stuff and be a happy litter pooping kitty 🐱 again

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I had a young cat, a few months old and wasn't understanding the concept of pooping in the litter box. So every day, right after feeding her, I would pick her up and place her in the litter box. I would just sit there and pet her until she did her business. Seemed to work.
I had another cat, a grown up cat, who was pooping in the sink for the cat sitter while I was on vacation. Once I got home the sink pooping stopped, but sometimes if you have 2 cats one of them likes to play mean toilet-related tricks on the other one that will make her avoid the litter box. That is something you have to watch out for. One thing you can do is have litter boxes in 2 different locations.

Good luck!
Sal

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join